Health Discovery Network
spoiltmom

Starbuck's SKinny Lattes..

I have tried the Mocha and the Caramel. The mocha is super yummy!!!! The caramel however was really bland tasting, like it was missing something. The mocha is a definite keeper though!

Amanda

ds 03/25/10

dd 10/12/06

ds 09/19/00

232/150/138

Although the sugar free mocha is a new flavor, the "skinny lattes" aren't really new. :bcb_wink3 I've been ordering a nonfat latte with sugar-free syrup for a long time now. I think they've just named the drink to make it easier to order. I've tried all of the flavors except the mocha (haven't been in since they've had it). Currently they have: vanilla, hazelnut, caramel, and mocha. They had gingerbread, and may still have it unless that was a holiday flavor.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

They also have Cinnamon Dolce sugar-free syrup. I didn't like the sugar-free mocha. Before they introduced it, I just ordered fewer pumps of the regular mocha syrup - all the choc taste for maybe 1 extra point. Worth it for me. :)

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

Each pump of regular mocha is 25 cals.

Tall Mocha - 3 pumps

Grande - 4

Venti - 5

I personally think the SF mocha is the worst syrup we have (I work at Starbucks) and that SF hazelnut is the best, most flavorful. If you want a french vanilla taste, you can ask for a French Vanilla skinny latte, and the barista will mix SF hazelnut and SF vanilla for you.

SW: 191 (Started on March 7th, 2007)

CW: 141 (50 lost)

GW: 135

From almost a size 18 to size 8 so far!

I really like bitter-sweet chocolate, so I like the SF mocha - hot. I ordered an iced skinny mocha today and was not fond of it at all!

Previously I too would just order my drink with fewer pumps (personally 4-5 is waaaay too much chocolate for me!), but it's alot easier to say "Skinny Mocha" than "non-fat, no whip, 2 pump mocha". :bcb_grin

~Kristi~

If you want a french vanilla taste, you can ask for a French Vanilla skinny latte, and the barista will mix SF hazelnut and SF vanilla for you.

Thanks for the tip. I am going to have to try that the next time I go to Starbucks.

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

Tried the mocha last night. It was okay, not my favorite. My fav sugar free syrups are still the vanilla, hazelnut and caramel.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I had the skinny cin dolce latte today, it was ok, tasted really chemically to me.

I think I'll just stick to my americano w/ ff milk and splenda.

I had the skinny cin dolce latte today, it was ok, tasted really chemically to me.

I think I'll just stick to my americano w/ ff milk and splenda.

It's tastes like very bland to me. I always have them add cinammon to mine.

Amanda

I tried the Skinny Caramel Latte last weekend and LOVED it, but I had them add a few Splendas to it. I'm a sugar junkie when it comes to coffee (which is why I used to order all the fattening foo-foo coffees, until going on WW). Nice to know I can still head to Starbucks on the weekends and get a "treat" without all the extra points!

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

If you want a french vanilla taste, you can ask for a French Vanilla skinny latte, and the barista will mix SF hazelnut and SF vanilla for you.

Great tip, thanks!!

This week my hubby and I got free SKINNY coupons from our starbucks. Ask for them, perhaps they'll give you the coupon???

Robyn

weight.png

I tried the French Vanilla one today - yumm! The guy seemed a little wierd when I asked for French Vanilla but we got it all figured out with the hazelnut and vanilla mix. It was good - and so easy to order because I am not a coffee person and all that fancy ordering scares me! :bcb_cry:

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

These are yummy! The new name definately makes it easier to order. How many pts are these exactly?

~*~Kambi~*~

SW 240 (3/16/11)

CW 237.5 (3/18/11)

I think I can, I think I can

:bcb_march

According to my calculations:

short - 1

tall - 2

grande - 3

Starbucks.com has all the nutritional information for their drinks and you can calculate them based on the type of milk you use and whip or no whip. Plus they have a page on their lower calorie drinks (I think it was 200 or less - but it's older and the skinnies aren't on there).

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

I finally tried the half hazelnut/half vanilla latte. OMG...it was even better than a regular vanilla latte. Mmmm...I think I found my new drink of choice.

Amanda

We were on a long trip the other day and we stopped at the rest-stop. I was just going to have a water but I ordered a skinny latte decaf. I was afraid to order the flavors because I thought they had real sugar in them. Anyway, it was really good and it didnt bother my sensitive gut (I really cant drink any coffee anymore) After reading this thread, I will try the flavored one next time (now I know what to say). On the other hand, it will be a long time before I buy this again because it was EXPENSIVE!

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

Something I found out recently- the "hot" tall skinny lattes have 2 pts but the iced are only 1 pt. My guess is they use less milk in the iced version? Anyway, I am thrilled because I LOVE the iced versions when it's warm outside. Lucky for me I live in Atlanta and the weather has been getting very warm lately. I have been known to get two a day for my dairy servings:bcb_grin.

Starting weight 175.6

wwg- 137, made goal 5/30/08

Current weight 166.2