Health Discovery Network
nancyny

New Subway Wrap bread - 7 Points!

Those of us who have enjoyed the Subway "Carb Friendly Wrap" as a low-Point alternative to their bread have gotten a surprise recently. The old wrap was 3 Points, or 2 Points less than the breads.

Subway has discontinued that wrap in favor of a new wrap that is 310 cal., 1 g. fiber, 8 g. fat, or 7 Points -- 2 Points MORE than their highest other bread.

I wasn't sure where to put this. Since a lot of us like Subway for their good selection of low-fat and low-Point sandwiches, I want to get the word out about this change. I guess Subway will still make you a salad, but I think they charge extra for that and then you get no bread at all (not a good option for me).

A couple of the regulars on the Lifetime & Maintenance thread complained to Subway and got the following generic response:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the discontinuation of items at your local SUBWAY restaurant. In order to consistently provide satisfaction to our customers by offering high quality food with exceptional service that is a good value, we must continuously review our menu and the ingredients that we use.

Occasionally we find that some items have declined in overall popularity, are in short supply, or are difficult to work with. In order for us to make room on our menu and in our restaurants for new and exciting foods, we must sometimes discontinue other items from the nati9onal menu however some locations may continue to offer it as a local item.

We understand that this sometimes makes a customer's favorite food no longer available. Please be assured that there are still many other great tasting items at your local SUBWAY restaurant. Perhaps one of them may be your new favorite.

I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you raking the time to contact us. SUBWAY looks forward to your continued visits."

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

This is SO disappointing. I admit, their previous wraps were a little chewy for my taste, but 7 points for the wrap alone is ridiculous. And a silent change, too - just like the switch from reduced-fat to regular mayo (bye-bye tuna sandwiches...). Oh well.

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

That really stinks. I loved getting the turkey wrap - it was so healthy.

Which of the breads is the best option, points-wise?

SW: 224 lbs

CW: 162 lbs :bcb_march

GW: 145 lbs

Goodbye 220's...210's...200's...190's...180's...170's...

At Xmas we stopped at a SUbway at my request on our way home so I could get a wrap. They didn't have any. Now I guess that was a good thing.

marge

there s a dance in the old dame yet toujours gai toujours gai

SW: 206

CW: 162.5

40# 2/5

HW: 146

weight.png

Good info, Nancy. After spending a lot of time figuring out what is "best" at Subway, I get the Subway Melt. It's ham and turkey and cheese and bacon for 8 points. Not too bad for me.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

My favorite is the chicken teryaki with sweet onion sauce. It's 7 Points no matter what bread you use. I also like the turkey & ham with cheese, also 7 Points. If you omit cheese, subtract 1 Point.

The breads are all pretty much the same, 5 Points for the 6" size. Unless you are into counting minute fractions of Points, I think you can count them all the same. If you want to minimize the Points / calories, stick with the plain Italian or wheat bread. All of the others are one of those with toppings.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

What a disappointment...and thank you so much for passing this information on.....I was just thinking that I'd stop by Subway for a wrap this week.....now I think NOT!

Thanks again!

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton