Health Discovery Network
lep1204

So discouraged!

Hi everyone,

I re-joined WW last Tuesday because I have had success in the past. I remember always losing several pounds in the first week, so I was very excited about my weigh in last night. I weighed in to find that I had only lost .4 lbs!! My heart sank. I followed the program all week...didn't cheat once! Anyone have advice, or similar stories that might help to boost my morale? I'm going on vacation this weekend, which makes me even more nervous about next week's WI. Thanks in advance...

Hey lep...

Just a quick question....did you drink ALL your water?

-Kristen

HW: 310 :bcb_yuck:

CW: 270

GW: 150

Mini Goal- 8 lbs in April

5/8

weight.png

Don't you worry. It will take time, but it WILL happen. Getting discouraged is a real bummer and its bound to happen but don't let it get you down. I've found that when on vacation I try to find a local grocery store and stock up on fresh veggies to stash in my purse. Also, if I'm at a restaurant I order a sensible meal and only eat half of each serving. That way I'm still eating out and I always have leftovers for later. Keep positive and post when you can- we're here for you:bcb_bigsm

Hey lep...

Just a quick question....did you drink ALL your water?

No, I don't think I drank all of my water each day. I'm a school teacher, and don't have breaks often enough to really drink a lot of water like I should. That was something I was bad at the last time around, but it didn't seem to have an affect on my weight loss.

Why don't you try to bring a water bottle to class each day. There has to be some times when you're not talking when you could take a drink of water. Most of my teachers do this, even if it's just a quick sip while a student asks a question.

weight.png

Ashley

3/7 miles Run

15/30 miles Biked

Why don't you try to bring a water bottle to class each day. There has to be some times when you're not talking when you could take a drink of water. Most of my teachers do this, even if it's just a quick sip while a student asks a question.

I should have been more specific---I can't drink a whole lot during the day, b/c RESTROOM breaks are few and far between! :bcb_grin Maybe I will start drinking more water after work, and just fit it in that way.

Did you eat ENOUGH?

CW

Yes, I think so. When I rejoined and calculated daily points allowance the new way, it said 26. I'm at 26 everyday. I did go to a wine bar with friends last weekend, but I made sure to keep up with the points. I know I dipped into the weekly extra 35, which I haven't done in the past. Maybe that had something to do with the low loss....?

A no gain no loss weigh in is often a symptom of eating too little.

I really think you all are on the right track with your discussion about water. Alcohol and caffeine will cause us to slough off water at a time when you are already not getting enough h20. That is a fixable situation.

You have a great attitude and you know how to win. Just stay on the path.

:salut

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Hi,

You've already heard a lot of useful feedback on being effective and being OP. Just wanted to share that when I rejoined last November, I was very disappointed with my first week result, too. I felt that I'd done fine (ate exactly to my points total, used some but not all of the Flex points) and gotten a less than stellar reward.

A woman who'd also joined the previous week had a terrific result and was talking about how her week went. Well, she'd had all the systems firing -- she drank the water, she stocked the pantry and fridge with the right foods, she'd done her exercise. So I thought, OK, I'll do it the way she did. So I drank the water, made sure I got in a 40 minute walk three times that week and bought a new WW cookbook to get some interesting OP dinner ideas. Lost 4 pounds that second week.

Just one more thing about the water: I always drink my first glass as soon as I get up in the morning. Sometimes I drink a glass while my coffee's brewing, too. But I don't let myself have my coffee until I've had a glass of water. And with that early water you can have a bathroom break before you leave the house :bcb_smile.

Good luck!

Liz

First joined: 1986, lifetime 1991

Recommitted: 11/28/2007

Start weight: 198.4

Goal: 150 (6/5/08)

Currently: 149.4 (2/12/09)

PG: 145

weight.png

Guest Erica20

Do not be discouraged its going to be okay. Just keep your head up