Health Discovery Network
LilPup

Bird's Nest Breakfast Cups

I found this in the current issue of Light and Tasty.

Bird's Nest Breakfast Cups

POINTS® value | 2

Servings | 6

Breakfast |

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup Egg Beaters

1 Tbsp dried parsley

1 oz Kraft 2% Milk Natural Cheese Mexican four cheese shreds

12 slice uncooked turkey bacon

Instructions

In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until partially set but not crisp. Coat 6 muffin tins with cooking spray. Wrap 2 slices around the inside of each cup. Fill each with 1/4 cup Egg Beaters. Top with cheese and parsley. Bake at 350. Start checking at 18 minutes.

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

i am going to try this in the morning, maybe even tonite since these are mainly my staple items anyway. good looking out!!!:bcb_bravo

:bcbkickbuTwDiva:bcbkickbu

"If you don't want to change then do nothing"

I made these yesterday with some variations. Try some salsa on to of eggs before you sprinkle with cheese. Yum.

I also tucked an uncooked buttermilk biscuit inside the bacon as the cup for the eggs and again topped with salsa and cheese. It adds 1 pt. per cup.

For my last few cups I ran out of eggbeater so put a whole egg in the cup. The 18 min. finished everything nicely with the real egg being perfectly poached with white cooked and yolk runny.

BTW: I didn't read all the instructions and put an uncooked piece of turkey bacon as the wrapper in the cup. Didn't see instructions to cook. Couldn't figure out why the recipe called for 2 strips, so just did the one. Bacon seemed cooked.

marge

there s a dance in the old dame yet toujours gai toujours gai

SW: 206

CW: 162.5

40# 2/5

HW: 146

weight.png

Sounds good, gals.

And, for us Core folk, use FF cheese, and replace the bacon with Canadian Bacon for a completely Core meal or Core + 1 - if using the biscuit.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Guest Hailey

These sound wonderful, Thanks!!

Bump - reminder to repoint original recipe and add variations (lean ham and diced peppers/onions, etc)

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A