Health Discovery Network
emmabelle47

Looking For A Dressing?

I was thinking about grilling up some Shrimp to throw on some spinach instead of a Chicken salad. I am usually pretty picky about my dressing and really only use Ranch and sometimes Italian. What would taste good with shrimp? What else would taste good with the shrimp and spinach? Or does anyone have a good recipe?

I would suggest something Asian-inspired, maybe a sesame/ginger flavor? I don't have a recipe for one, but I know there's plenty in the stores.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

An ex-boyfriend of mine, an amazing chef, taught me the following rule of thumb: the thicker the greens, the thicker the dressing should be. For instance, thin baby mesclun greens would drown in thousand island, and using a vinaigrette with romaine might make you feel like the dressing is too light. (Same goes for pasta - the thinner/smaller the pasta noodle/shape, the thinner the sauce should be and visa verca). That said, if it were me, I'd do lowfat blue cheese with spinach and shrimp. My favorite brand, Litehouse (in the produce section) has a lowfat blue cheese that I believe is 4 points for 2 tablespoons..? Anyway, I also LOVE shrimp louie salads so that could be why I came up with the suggestion!

Hope you find something you like. :)

SW: 155

CW: 154.7

GW: 130

"Failures do what is tension-relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."

Actually my favorite dressing w/ shrimp and spinach is a lite Rasberry Vinegarette. AWESOME!!!! :bcb_bigsm

This is the first day of the rest of my life!

weight.png

I would suggest something Asian-inspired, maybe a sesame/ginger flavor? I don't have a recipe for one, but I know there's plenty in the stores.

The Wishbone Spritzer is AWESOME. The only flavor I like is the asian one.

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4