Health Discovery Network
AChiO4444

Crockpot Asian Pork Chops

6 med. boneless pork chops (I used 3 thick-cut from Costco)

1/2 c. soy sauce (I'd recommend low-sodium!)

1/4 c. brown sugar (4 pts.)

1/4 c. ketchup

1 t. ground ginger

2-4 cloves minced garlic

Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray. Lay pork chops in bottom. Mix other ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over pork chops. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.

If desired, pour sauce into a small sauce pan and boil until thickens slightly.

I served with brown rice and steamed sugar pea pods and poured a little of the sauce over the whole concoction. YUMMMMMM!!!!! DH and I used about 1/2 of sauce total, so I figured 1 pt. for my serving.

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

I made this tonight( it sounded so good and I was going to the store anyway). I made it with a pork tenderloin, I was going to cut it into chops, but decided to leave it whole. I also made it on the stove as it was too late to do it in the crockpot. Well, maybe I didn't make this? :bcb_huh: :bcb_grin No, really, I browned the meat and mixed the sauce up in a bowl. Poured it on top and simmered for 40 mins. Served on a bed of brown rice with stir-fried veggies and the sliced meat on top. Drizzled some of the sauce on the whole thing. It was absolutely fabulous!! I can't wait to make it again! Thanks! :bcb_up

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

I am making this today...sounds delicious and I loved food with an asian twist.....I used splenda in mine because I had no brown sugar so I hope it comes out as yummy!

Nicole

Made this last night and my pork chops were overcooked. I just have to figure this D**N crockpot out! But the sauce was delicious and would definitely make it again. I think I need to leave crock on just warm.

Sue

163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Bumping...

This is in the crockpot already, and we'll have it with steamed broccoli and brown rice. YUM!

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

I made this tonight( it sounded so good and I was going to the store anyway). I made it with a pork tenderloin, I was going to cut it into chops, but decided to leave it whole. I also made it on the stove as it was too late to do it in the crockpot. Well, maybe I didn't make this? :bcb_huh: :bcb_grin No, really, I browned the meat and mixed the sauce up in a bowl. Poured it on top and simmered for 40 mins. Served on a bed of brown rice with stir-fried veggies and the sliced meat on top. Drizzled some of the sauce on the whole thing. It was absolutely fabulous!! I can't wait to make it again! Thanks! :bcb_up

A pork tenderloin cannot be cut up into pork chops. They come from two different places on the animal. If you had done that, they would have been so dry. Good choice to leave whole. When and if you do make it with the pork chops, be sure to get chops with bone attached. So much better and helps keep the meat moist.

Hi to all,

has anyone tried this recipe using chicken breast ? I have chicken in the freezer but not pork. I would rather use the chicken. Should I give it a try?

thanks for the advice..

Kristine

:o

Biggest loser Challenge March 2009

SW: 140.0

Weigh in Day:Saturday AM

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

HW 165

CW 136

GW 130

The sauce is great! I bet it would work just fine with chicken :bcb_smile.

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

thanks for the response!!

Kristine

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

HW 165

CW 136

GW 130

It was really good with the chicken. I also used regular splenda in place of the brown sugar...

Thanks for the recipe!

Kristine

TBLbannerBlackc.gif

HW 165

CW 136

GW 130

I made this today and it was excellent!

SW: 189.5

Lifetime Goal: 148 March 2006

CW: 147 (7/19/2010)

I made this for dinner last night and really enjoyed it. The only think I will do different next time is use the low-sodium soy sauce. It was a little salty for me.

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

Here's a similar version I got from the WW site. I had 2 thick chops, so I sliced them into 4, which fits nicely on the bottom of my crockpot. I plan to serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli and carrots.

6 pork chops

1 small onion -- finely chopped

1/3 cup ketchup

3 tablespoons brown sugar

3 tablespoons water

3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce

1 clove garlic -- minced

1 teaspoon ground ginger

3 cups brown rice

Place pork chops in slow cooker. Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over chops. Cook on low 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice.

Made the original posted version of these tonight, did it Core by managing to forget the brown sugar :bcb_blush , but it was surprisingly good. I steamed some stir fry veggies and served them over brown Minute Rice and poured a little of the sauce over them. Since I have a couple of chops left over for tomorrow night, I added 2 T brown sugar to the sauce and cooked it on the stove for about 5 minutes - we're going to have that and the leftover veggies and rice tomorrow.

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu