Health Discovery Network
sofffy

How do you do it?

I am back and want to lose 15 pounds. I am allowed 21 pts daily plus 35 pts weekly.

Should I:

* eat 21 pts every day and on the w-e eat the 35 bonus?

* eat 26 pts every day (35 divided by 7 is 5 more each day)

* eat 21, 31, 22, 30 etc... (make my metabolism wonder)

What works for you? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sofffy:salut

5'5

Highest pregnancyW: 187:bcb_down

SW: 167

CW: 158.6

WWG: 150

PG: 135-140

Everyone will probably have a different strategy... and whatever works is good... but here is how I go about it. I weigh-in Monday mornings. After I WI, I stop to think about the week ahead. Do I have any special (known) challenges coming up? This will change how freely I use my WPA that week. I always plan to only eat my dailies. As a rule, that is what I eat.

If nothing special is coming up, I know if I can "afford" to spend the WPA in case of extra hunger or cravings, so my week looks like 21, 31, 22, 30 etc. If I take the spending approach for the week and something unexpected pops up, I know I need to restrain myself a little at that surprise event.

If something special is coming up, I know I need to "save" a lot of WPA. I restrain myself a little during the week and turn to zero-point or low-point foods for extra hunger, so my week looks like 21, 21, 21, 35, etc.

So really, it changes from week to week depending on what is going on in my life... but personally, I never do option #2.

--J

SW 258

CW - ??? - Day 1 back OP

PGR 132-138

Haha... thinking about this more... I guess at some point you need to apply restraint (at least I do... from my former self). Each week I pick the restraint that seems the least painful and go with that! :bcb_grin

--J

SW 258

CW - ??? - Day 1 back OP

PGR 132-138

I have been having small discouraging losses, so I have been doing the Wendie plan or a modified version of it. Although my losses haven't been much better, I discovered that I really like varying my points each day. Because of the high points days, the low points ones really aren't so threatening. I look forward to each day and feel more satisfied than I ever have on ww. I can also plan out my higher points days for special occasions.

Our goals are only a decision away. cw:122

I eat my daily points allowance and the additional points I earn with physical activity, although I cap that on 4. I try to save my weekly points allowance for the weekends or special occasions. That usually works for me.

When I was doing flex, I used to eat only my allotted points for the day (plus any APs) and then save all my extra points for the weekend.

If I didnt use them, great, if I needed them, I had them.

Now that I do CORE, I pretty much do the same thing. I try to eat only CORe foods during the week and save my 35 points for the weekend.

I like knowing that I have points "in the bank" for unexpected stuff. I'm also very busy on the weekends and most of my meals are eaten out, whereas during the week, I cook for myself and eat at home.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

I find that my Target points (20) isn't really enough, so I use at least 2 or 3 Points out of the WPA each day. Some days I use more. Usually I use them all by the end of the week.

I also eat every single Activity Point that I earn. (The more I earn, the more I need to use them. My 2-hour team swim workouts are worth 10 AP!)

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie