Health Discovery Network
AmyLynn

Zumba

Anybody here do Zumba? It's a cardio dance class. Mostly latin with some hip-hop and other international rhythms. It's lots of fun and a great workout. I am told you can burn between 400-600 calories in an hour.

Guest Dutch

Yes I do and love it.It is good exercise and fun at the same time.

they offer it at the YMCA where i am a member and i have always wanted to try it! i will try to check it out sometime soon! it sounds fun!

(ME) SW: 158.2; CW: 158.2; Goal: 140

(DH) SW: 248.4; CW: 248.4; Goal: 220

I just started a Zumba class. The time goes really fast. I love this workout. At the end, I was sad that it was over.

Rochelle

I do 2 Zumba classes a week (at two different Y's) - it is SO much fun and the time goes by quickly. The steps aren't difficult and youj don't have to be perfect. It's really great for your core muscles (my hip-moving muscles really get a workout). It's becoming very popular here in CT.

My classes have been all women but I uinderstand that men do it too.

It also provides a nice break from weights, the treadmill and other cardio classes by adding variety and fun to my routine.

Try it - you'll like it!

SW: 224 lbs

CW: 162 lbs :bcb_march

GW: 145 lbs

Goodbye 220's...210's...200's...190's...180's...170's...

OMG I love Zumba! My old gym had the best instructor and it was such fun. She did african dancing and irish dancing too, so fun and so sweaty. A gym I tried for the summer (and HATED) had it, but it wasn't the same! I am going to try a yoga place in town that has Zumba and hopefully I will like it again!!!

Try it, you won't be sorry!

Kim in NJ

lifer since Jan 2000

187.8/???/144

start/current/goal/

Easter Challenge: 20 pounds lost (20 to go)

We need to change. Do it today. I can feel my spirit rising.

What have you done today to make you feel proud?