Health Discovery Network
myjourney

Newbie introduction ;)

Hi, my name is Terri. I am 31 years old, and live in Quebec Canada.

I'll start with a little background:

When I was younger I was average, never overweight, and never skinny. Plain Jane all the way is size, looks, ect..I was painfully shy, and ver self-conscious. In my early 20's I lost a little weight, and finally felt comfortable in my own skin. This continued until about 7 yrs ago when I started going out with my last ex. He abused me physically, verbally, and emotionally for 2 1/2 yrs, and continued to make my life he** for 2 yrs after we split. During that period of my life I went through 2 depressions, and used food as my comfort. I gained about 20lbs in that 4 year period. After he was finally out of my life, I leveled off. I met the love of my life during the time I was with my ex...we were friends until about 3 1/2 yrs ago when we finally became a couple. I have a 29 month old daughter. During my pregnancy I gained 55lbs. I didn't worry at the time because I had always heard how the lbs fly off if you breastfeed...HA! Almost immediately I lost 1/2 the weight but since then...nothing.

Two months ago I started to feel extreamly fatigued all the time. I went to the Dr, and they ran the whole range of blood tests that all came back great. My Dr. thinks that the extra weight I am carrying, is the reason for my fatigue and wants to follow me as I loose weight.

I currently weigh 173lbs and are 5'4". I need to lose the 25lbs from my pregnancy and would like to lose another 15-20 on top of that.

Although I have no English meetings near me, I have decided to try to give ww a go by myself, with the help of on-line support. Hopefully, I can actually stick to a weight lose program for once!

Welcome to BCB, Terri. We're glad to have you. :wave: Find a home board or two that meets your needs (either by age, buddy system, or buddy groups) and post often for buddy support. See you on the boards! :salut

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

Guest soonernort

Welcome, there place is a like a fountain over flowing with information here. And the people are nice to.

Danny

Hi Terri,

Welcome to BCB...come on over to the 30's group and post with us, we would love to have you!

Good Luck on your journey!

Carmen

Success is not a race, be patient.

Welcome to BCB, Terri,

Many of the people here do WW at home. All you need are the books and the drive to do it.:salut

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png