Health Discovery Network
Boardtory

Tell me all about water ...

How much do you drink?

How do you get it all in?

Is there some rule about body weight / 2 oz?

What have changes in water intake done for your program?

Water is pretty much all I drink, with the exception of coffee in the a.m. and an occasional soda. So, it is not difficult for me to get it in. I drink about 2 liters a day. I haven't heard about the body weight/2 oz. rule. Drinking water is an essential element in the weight loss process. It flushes a lot of bad stuff out of your system.

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

Guest ~Beth~

I have a very hard time getting my water in. I've just started taking a bottle of water with me to work. I only ever get to refill it twice. I know its not the full amount you are supposed to have, but it's a start for me.

never heard of the body weight/2oz rule either.

I know I drink at least 3 liters a day. I have a 1.5l bottle that I keep with me (in my car and house) I use one of those small packets of sugar free kool-aid that is meant for a 20 oz bottle. I use one for every 1.5 liters of water, it's way watered down but I need just a little flavor to help me drink it all.

SW: 4/2/7- 339lbs

CW: 10/1/9- 194lbs--145 lbs LOST Slideshow

Running Log

We have a "water club" at work where you pay like $30 for the year and get to drink all the water you want from the water cooler (cheaper than buying it by the bottle!). They have hot & cold so I can drink tea if I'm feeling sick (like yesterday) or cold water the rest of the time. My water bottle is 32 oz and I add one flavor packet to it. I drink at least 1 of these a day - sometimes 1.5.

At home I also bought a water cooler and keep it upstairs in the laundry room because our family room is up there and I spend most of my time there - I know if I had to go down to the kitchen I'd probably only drink about 1/3 of the water I do now. My bottle at home is 16 oz - has a lid like the one at work so I can add a flavor packet if I want and shake it up - there's a basket of assorted flavor packets right on top of the cooler...

With the water cooler at work and home I've been doing pretty good about getting in all my water on most days. I've been trying cut way back on soda - I'm down to about once a day - but the caffine withdrawls are terrible so I haven't eliminated it yet - plus I just like soda (esp. Diet Dr. Pepper!)

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

I drink water all day long! I just continue to refill everytime I get up ( and if you drink it all day - you will be getting up alot to use the bathroom! :)....if I get sick of it I have the crystal light single packets I add. I usually use half a packet and it does the trick for a 16 oz bottle.

Drinking water also helps hunger...if I am getting hungry and cant or dont want to waste points I usually chug as much as I can and pop a stick of gum! Normally - cinnamon gum - seems to curve the hunger even more!

Megan :p:p:p

SW: 167 - 1/7 (post baby)

CW: 151 - 11/19 - had to start over AGAIN! :)

GW: 130

Five Pound Stars

:headover::headover::headover:

So glad to hear I am not the only one who hates the taste of plain water. I use the walmart brand peach sugar free mix (like crystal light). I also really like a slice of fresh lime in plain water. It's alot better than lemon to me. I also find I can drink plain water ok with a meal so at least at lunch and dinner I try to get in plain water.

SW-198

CW-170.4 8/15/08

GW-155

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..."

Guest soonernort

During the week it's easy for me I just get it from the cooler at work, weekends I have a harder time getting it down lol.

Danny

This may sound silly, but I've actually found that I drink more water and drink it faster if I have a straw...not sure why. My teeth are fairly sensitive to cold, so I think the fact that the straw bypasses my teeth. Plus if I'm reading or something, I don't have to stop to take a drink if I'm using a straw. Might be worth a try. You can buy disposable straws at the store for about $1-2 for about 100 of them.

Erin

Highest Pregnancy Weight: 240.0

WW Starting Weight: 204

Goal Weight: 174

Current Weight:

weight.png

I follow the "can't have the coffee" rule, as in, I don't have my first cup of coffee in the morning until I've had a glass of water. So I drink the first glass when I get up, and I have a second glass while the coffee's brewing. I drink water with each meal and carry a sport bottle when I exercise. So there's the six glasses (mine are 16-oz tumblers). I don't mind the taste of plain water, but sometimes a twist of lemon or lime is nice.

The program works much better for me when I'm drinking the water, no question.

Liz

First joined: 1986, lifetime 1991

Recommitted: 11/28/2007

Start weight: 198.4

Goal: 150 (6/5/08)

Currently: 149.4 (2/12/09)

PG: 145

weight.png

I drink lots of water. I use justa regular 12 oz. glass and have two glasses when I get up, then a full glass before and after meals.. with a glass during. and two glasses before bed. other than that, I have a glass out all the time and fill it several other times a day. My skin has never been better, andI feel great when I get my water in. I find it easiest to drink room temperature (I have sensitive teeh too). I don't use a straw though... just chug it down!

I drink a lot of water when I am on program. I bring 3-20oz. bottles of water with me to work and drink one at breakfast, one at lunch, and then sip on the 3rd on until I get home. Then I will usually drink about 20 oz. at supper, and if I exercise I drink another 20. When I used to work at a factory in the summer they would tell you to drink half you body weight in oz. in water per day. That was a lot of water if I may say so.

Kevin

MO Platoon Member # 240

SW 395.1 (02/11/2013)

CW 395.1 (02/11/2013)

Current Week Loss --

GW 240

weight.png

I am not normally a water drinker but I'm trying to change that. I went from drinking NO water daily to trying to drink 64 ounces (8 glasses) per day. That was just too much for me and I gave up.

Last weekend I bought one of the WW water bottles at my meeting. It holds 24 ounces and shows the ounce marks so if I don't drink a full cup, I still can figure out how much I had. In a nutshell, this week I started drinking 2 of these per day while at work - that's only 48 ounces but it's 48 ounces more than I was drinking, and I don't feel like I'm drowning! The bottle has a straw, which I prefer to use, and it also fits in my cup holder in the car. I add 1 packet of lemonade drink mix (Crystal Light) per bottle, so it's rather diluted but still has flavor.

Maybe soon I can work my way up to drinking 3 bottles per day. Ideally, I'd like to reach the "drink half your weight in water ounces per day" but I have to build up to that.

I was surprised that by lowering my water goal I stopped beating myself up for not drinking at least 64 ounces per day. Now I feel better that I'm meeting the "6 glass" rule established by WW.

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

Call me crazy but I LOVE water. I usually sip on it all day long. A few days a go I did not get in my usual 64 ozs during the work day and my throat was all itchy and I just felt funny. Then I realized that I hadn't been drinking my water like usual.

-Kristen

HW: 310 :bcb_yuck:

CW: 270

GW: 150

Mini Goal- 8 lbs in April

5/8

weight.png

I'm always thirsty so I'm always drinking water. I love it too. During the week while at work, I always keep my plastic cup full of cold and also a mug filled with hot water. People think I'm weird, but I drink from both and love the warm water, especially in the mornings or when it gets chilly. I make many trips to the restroom each day and make sure to refill both cups each time I go.

Elaine

SW: 142 (10/31/06)

CW: 130 (1/29/10)

GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

This may sound silly, but I've actually found that I drink more water and drink it faster if I have a straw...not sure why. My teeth are fairly sensitive to cold, so I think the fact that the straw bypasses my teeth. Plus if I'm reading or something, I don't have to stop to take a drink if I'm using a straw. Might be worth a try. You can buy disposable straws at the store for about $1-2 for about 100 of them.

Erin

Doesn't sound silly to me - I am the same way about the straw. I drink more in less time if I have a straw. Walking, reading, it just seems easier to drink through the straw - I sip without even thinking about it.

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

Just as a note of caution... I learned in a Bio class in college, you can drink too much water. Last week I was drinking a lot of water and the scale was not budging (I would weigh in the am when I woke up and after I used the bathroom). The last couple of days, I have backed off my water amount, and the scale is slowly going down. When I discussed this with my mom, she said if you drink too much water, you can retain it. I'm the person who would carry a 20oz bottle with me EVERYWHERE.

I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!

2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~

I used to have such a hard time drinking my water until I started drinking a glass every hour at work ...I start at 7:30 so my first one is at 8 and so on . By 3 I am done and don't have to worry about getting it in at home...... i started doing this because I was getting up 2-3 times at night. Not fun!!!!!!!

SW-202.2

CW-152.5

GW-125

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?

I have a 32oz cup that we give to the pt's at the hospital where I work. I fill it up in the morning when I get breakfast. I like to use one of the packets to flavor my water. Usually the walmart brand grape/fruit punch are my favorites. I try to drink 2 of these before I leave work. I work 12 hrs so that is plenty of time.

When I first started WW I would tell myself that I couldn't have a diet soda until all my water was drank. Now I'm trying to challenge myself to not drink any soda at all this week to see if it will help with my weight loss.

Joyce

INDEPENDENCE DAY CHALLENGE

weight.png

I had read in Prevention magazine that the recommended amount of water is to take your body weight (in lbs) and divide that by 2. The result is the number of ounces you should drink. For me that would be 65 oz of water daily. I could probably do that.

But I follow Weight Watchers' guidelines . . . 48 ounces of water daily. It seems reasonable to follow. Sometimes I get a bit more, but I don't worry about it.

Joyce

Your body keeps a meticulous journal even if you don't!

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse.