Health Discovery Network
10more2lose

Looking for veggie patties recipe

I'm looking for garden burger type veggie patty recipe. They are usually quite expensive even if you buy at CostCo. Wondering if anyone has a tried and true recipe. Thanks.

Think Thin :bcb_march

Height: 5' 5.5"

SW:164 CW:164 GW:150

Guest diannelee

No 10tolose have not seen any but will check back maybe some one will have a idea. Sounds interesting what would the point value be would you know?

It would contain ingredients like soy protein granules, several thinly diced vegetables and a bit of olive oil. I guess the point value really depends on the ingredients. I don't want egg in it.

The store bought one has about 250-300 calories each. I always keep a dozen in the fridge in case I'm too tired to cook. It's getting expensive to buy.

Think Thin :bcb_march

Height: 5' 5.5"

SW:164 CW:164 GW:150

Chickpea Burgers

Servings: 4

Points/Serving: 3

Ingredients

15 oz chickpeas, rinsed and well drained

4 oz diced green chilies, drained

2/3 cup flat leaf parsley

2/3 cup Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs

salt and pepper

2 large egg whites, lightly beaten

Pam spray

Directions

1. In blender, grind up the chickpeas, chilies, and parsley until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl.

2. Stir in bread crumbs, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the egg.

3. Form mixture into 4 patties, about 2/3 inches thick.

4. Spray a loarge skillet and, over medium-low heat, cook burgers for 4 minutes. Flip over and cook for 3 more minutes. If desired, top the patties with cheese for the last minute of cooking.

Thank you for the bump. Was beginning to think most of these groups have gone inactive. Either that or I just can't see anything since I haven't been active here.

10more2lose,

If you are familiar with the soy granules and you are looking to avoid egg... you can still DIY your own Veg Burgers! A bit of chickpea flour mixed with some water (a tad thicker than a beaten egg) is a great binder. It has an egg like consistency. Vegans often use this Batter cooked in a pan pancake style with veggies and other fillers as a Vegan

"Omelette". If you add it to soy mince with seasoning to your taste, you can more easily cook it into a burger that will be less crumbly.

I hope this helps! :bcb_up

Some people used mushroom as an alternative to beef patty. You can try to consult google for some delicious recipe.

Yes portobello mushroom tops and grilled on the bbq.  Very juicy and delicious.

Amy

SW/CW/GW

248.4/224/125