Health Discovery Network
Guest Demmy

Fiber question

Guest Demmy

I've been lurking around here since late October when I joined WW. I love this site, it's been so helpful. So my question is concerning soluble and insoluble fiber. I been purchasing Kashi Go Lean bars and on the nutrition facts it's listed as total fiber 6g, soluble fiber 1g, insoluble fiber 5g. Which fiber number do I calculate point totals with? It only makes a difference of one point per bar but when you only have 21 points to play with during the course of a day that one point is a big deal. (at least it is to me :bcb_grin)

This is the only product I've found so far that has fiber broken down into different categories but it'd be good information to have for future reference. Any help would be appreciated and Thanks in advance :bcb_smile

I agree, it is the total fiber number you use. I've seen it broken down on some other products, but I don't believe it matters where WW points is concerned. And I agree - that one point is a big deal - I get about the same number of points per day that you do! :)

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

Yes, you use the total fiber number. But also remember that you can only count up to 4g. fiber per serving towards your Points, not 6, because of the fiber cap. (Still beats counting 1 though).

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie