Health Discovery Network
Charski

DaVinci Sugarfree Syrup Recipes

As compiled by Cismee and posted on the Food and Points Issues board!

Thanks, Cismee, I don't want these to get lost so am moving them to this board instead. :D

Charski

Recipes, hints and tips for DaVinci Splenda Sweetened SugarFree Syrups

Okay, I mentioned these syrups to my leader who went crazy for them and wanted recipes. She then mentioned it to the group and everyone wanted recipes. So I've gone through all the pages...over several evenings...I'm sure I missed a few when my eyes crossed but, here are most of them, all in one spot.

Perfecting the Apple Crisp...

Put 3/4 C. Kashi Good Friends in a bowl. Put one chopped apple on top. Heat for 1 minute in microwave. Add dollop of CoolWhip Free. AND THEN, add a squirt or two of DaVinci SF Carmel syrup!!! Oh my GOODNESS! This addition makes it! OR

chopped up 1 Granny Smith apple into chunks (skin on), drizzled on 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup, and nuked til the apple was tender, then topped with some poof can FF whipped "cream" - DH now wants one of these every night!

My fave for just before bed, 8 oz. Silk Vanilla in a mug, a few squirts Vanilla DaVinci, add a squirt of Cinnamon DaVinci, then a grating of fresh nutmeg, and heat in the microwave til hot (mine takes just under 2 minutes) - as WWCarol says, "Tastes like Christmas!" Very reminiscent of a hot Tom & Jerry. Only 2 points!

The way I'm *soothing* myself today is with a cup of hot Celestial Seasonings Decaf Mountain Chai tea, 1/4-1/3 C. added hot Vanilla Silk soymilk, and 1 squirt of Irish Cream SF DaVinci syrup.

Made a soda with 2 squirts Caramel and 2 squirts Chocolate, poured in diet Creme Soda - OMG this is delicious; added just a bit (less than a teaspoon) to my chocolate/almond coffee this morning--SO yummy! Tried it in my Chai tea too, it was good but I still prefer the cinnamon syrup for that purpose; added it (caramel) to my oatmeal yesterday morning - OH YUM!

Attention DaVinci/Chai Tea fans! DaVinci is now putting out a Splenda sweetened Chai Tea concentrate and IT IS YUMMY!!! I make it with soy milk (natch) and the only points involved are those for the milk. AWESOME stuff!

Christy, I have used the PB syrup in a smoothie...1/2 cup Silk Vanilla soy milk, 1/2 large frozen banana, PB syrup, chocolate syrup, and about half a dozen ice cubes (I have a VitaMix which makes great smoothies but you can do this in a blender too) and whip it all up together....pretty dang good stuff.

Just had to report my "DaVinci concoction du jour" because it's SO YUMMY!

1 Vanilla Alba shake mix packet

1 cup Silk Vanilla Soymilk

3 squirts DV Peanut Butter SF syrup

3 squirts DV Banana SF syrup

2 squirts DV Chocolate syrup

8 ice cubes

Blend together in VitaMix or a blender. 3 points for a large glass! REALLY yummy!

The cherry is wonderful for diet caffeine free cherry Cokes (which BTW counts toward your water intake!)

Oh, and for an EASY drink? Last night I heated a cup of Chocolate Silk Soymilk with DaVinci Chocolate SF syrup. Since I just got out of the pouring rain next I'm having HOT Chocolate soymilk with squirts of chocolate and creme de menthe. Mmm! Chocolate/Mint. YUM.

The Italian Creme Soda is very easy, very good, and 0 points (unless you have more than one, then you'll have to start considering points for whatever "creamer" you use....)

Fill a tall glass with ice cubes. Add an ounce of your favorite DV sugarfree syrup. (My personal faves for this are chocolate, strawberry, vanilla.) Now add 2 tablespoons of FF half & half OR vanilla soymilk. Fill the glass with seltzer water (or sparkling water or club soda, whatever you have...my buddy SuShort even uses diet tonic water in hers!), stir with a straw, and sip your way to WW heaven.

I also really love this combo: 2 squirts chocolate syrup, 2 squirts Creme de Menthe syrup, over ice, fill with seltzer. Tastes like a Peppermint Pattie.

NEW concoction--"banana cream pie" soda...3 squirts banana, 2 squirts coconut, 3 squirts vanilla, over ice and fill with seltzer...oh man! YUM! I bet you could do the vanilla soymilk or some ff half & half too and make it even MORE "pie-like" -- next time!

DH made Almond Joy, a few squirts chocolate, a couple coconut, a couple almond...fill with seltzer...mmmmmmmmmm. I'm not sure how I managed before I found these dang syrups but I'm sure glad to have found them a few months back!

We both really like oatmeal in the morning. The last couple of times I made it for him, I added a couple of walnuts, a couple of capfuls of Kahuli, some brown sugar twin and the milk. He raved about that oatmeal all day.

Latte: Make yourself some really strong instant coffee and add it to steamed hot milk(about half and half) and your favorite flavoring. Mine fav is hazelnut, but tonight I had irish cream. OR

Last night I added a couple of teaspoons of instant decaf coffee to some milk. Warmed it up. Then I added an once of the carmel syrup to it. OH that was nice.

I recently added orange to my collection, thinking that Chocolate and orange would be kind of like a tootsie roll (it's not bad!), but what's even better is the orange with seltzer and a splash of the vanilla cream - just like a creamsicle!! I'm thinking that the caramel is going to be really good with some instant sf hot apple cider and a dollop of cool whip. These syrups are AWESOME!!!

Raspberry Lime Rickey

1 lime, quartered

8 oz. sparkling water

1.5 oz. DV Sugarfree raspberry syrup

Squeeze lime quarters into a tall glass filled with ice. Pour in seltzer, float syrup on top.

Can substitute lemon or orange for the lime and syrup flavor of your choice.

Just had tea with 1% milk and vanilla and caramel syrups. Delicious!

Right now, I am sipping on a mug of hot Silk Vanilla flavored with the Egg Nog and some nutmeg sprinkled on top...uh oh...a NEW FAVORITE!

I added some vanilla to my Pepsi One for an instant vanilla coke.

Hey y'all! I concocted a good smoothie tonite.

1 packet Vanilla Alba

1/2 cup FF milk (can use vanilla soy milk)

4 squirts Davinci Carmel SF

4 squirts Davinci Chocolate SF

Blend with crushed ice

Made 1/2 a blender full for 2 points!

I have been making these really yummy fruit smoothies after work which have been keeping me from all snacking. They have mostly consisted of V-8 Berry Blend together with some combination of frozen raspberries, pineapple chunks, mango chunks, Bing cherries and a few squirts of Banana DaVinci syrup. I'm amazed at how filling and satisfying they are considering they are only about two points.

Okay, so I talked about this, but finally actually made it last night... I added a splash of SF Caramel syrup to a cup of instant SF hot apple cider, sprinkled a little cinnamon in it, and topped it with a dollop of ff cool whip. I swear, it tasted like HOT APPLE PIE A LA MODE!!! Yum!

Voila a blackforest latte: Mix 1 cup of milk with a couple teaspoons of instant coffee mix. Add a touch of splenda this adds to the froth of the mixture. Nuke and warm to luke warm. Add 3/4 oz of choclolate syrup and 3/4 oz of cherry. top with a spoonfull of cool whip.

My latest yummy soda is 2 T strawberry, 2 T chocolate, and 1 1/2 T coconut (with the seltzer, ice, and milk of your choice). Mmmmmmm. This is my favorite so far.

Caramel is wonderful in natural applesauce. Just a squirt or two and some cinnamon makes the applesauce taste like a wonderful dessert. 1 point too

Made a new great soda yesterday, 3 squirts chocolate, 2 squirts hazelnut, over ice and filled with a diet creme soda...try that one if you have those two flavors, it's lip-smackin' good!

I also took the chocolate, hazelnut, and coconut and mixed it in a glass of club soda for an almond joy drink. Another hit!

he made a yummy Snickers Bar - 3 squirts Chocolate, 3 squirts Peanut Butter, and 1 squirt Caramel, with seltzer water. I also made a good one, Chocolate Covered Banana - 3 squirts Chocolate, 3 squirts Banana, and filled 'er up with Diet Creme Soda.

Following a post by Justin's Mom, I added a couple squirts of the Gingerbread to my butternut squash and kind of mashed it all up with a little ICBINB spray. Oh so good. Then last night, I had baked yam and did the same. If you have Gingerbread syrup and you've been wondering what to do with it, give these a try!

I also made the Crustless Pumpkin Pie (recipe is on the Recipe boards) with the gingerbread syrup instead of the vanilla and pumpkin pie spices. I just added 3 tablespoons of the syrup. Really good!

Ok, try this....mix 3/4 oz of the Kalui Cafe syrup, 3 Tablespoons FF Half & Half, 1-1/2 oz of Vodka....Voila! A fat free White Russian for only 2.5 points! We had these the other night with friends, topped with the chocolate Reddi-Wip--oh my gosh! So yummy!

I love the eggnog flavor! I mix it with a glass of vanilla soy milk, fresh grated nutmeg and a cinnamon stick and microwave it for 1 minute. It is delicious and tastes just like an authentic egg nog!

I also love the gingerbread and white chocolate together in seltzer. Kinda reminds me of an iced gingerbread man cookie. Yum!

Trader Joe's makes a Coffee flavored soy milk (their own brand) which is 2 points per cup. Last night I added 3 squirts of the chocolate DV syrup to a cup of the coffee soymilk and heated it up in the microwave, then topped with a short squirt of the RediWhip chocolate flavored whipped cream...Oh, man, I am planning to spend 2 points on THIS little treat frequently! I think tonight I'm going to dust it with cinnamon too and see what it comes out like!

Today I added my Gingerbread syrup to my chai and vanilla soymilk...Very good! I've also been having a cup of hot chocolate (soymilk) with Creme De Menthe added...Yum!

I do like the Chocolate Silk with the coconut though. That was really yummy. Almost like a Mounds candy bar.

Cinnamon makes a great "baked apple" - I core (but don't peel) a Granny Smith or other tart apple, cut it into chunks, put on about 3 squirts of Cinnamon (caramel is also delicious) and nuke it for 1.5 minutes, stir, and nuke again til the apple is just soft. Add a squirt of FF RediWhip and it's quite the treat! I also like to top it with 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch...for a quick "apple crisp." I also like the cinnamon to sweeten up my Chai tea.

He's been having chocolate, cherry, and peanut butter mixed with a diet cream soda, says it reminds him of a Mountain Bar candy bar!

The other day I made a drink of banana, french vanilla and a tad of coconut over ice and filled my glass up with water. Tasted like a banana, coconut pudding. But then added a shot of the Cookie Dough and..ta-da...had banana, coconut PIE. The cookie dough has the flavor of a crust!

Dissolved 2 envelopes of Knox gelatin in 3 1/2c water then added 3T cherry, 1T coconut, 1T toasted marshmellow syrup, undrained can (small) pineapple, 1 diced lg banana, and 4 envelopes splenda. Turned out pretty good.

Chocolate Chai Tea! I was out of my vanilla Silk soymilk, so after brewing my Celestial Seasonings Mountain Chai Decaf, I added chocolate Silk soymilk, along with a squirt of DV SF Irish Cream.

Last night I took Silk Vanilla, 3 squirts of DV chocolate, and 1 squirt Toasted Marshmallow and heated it up in a mug...MMMMMM! Good!

I used 1 whole egg & 2 egg whites, added a sprinkling of fresh nutmeg, a dash of cinnamon, a dash of sugar, and some Davinci Eggnog syrup. I then soaked 2 slices of white bread for about 10 minutes in the mixture and then put onto a hot skillet. When it was done, I sprinkled on some powdered sugar and lite pancake syrup.

I just popped the top on the cookie dough and made the combo DH has been waiting for..."s'mores soda" - chocolate, toasted marshmallow, cookie dough. Yum!

Here's the original:

Carmel Chocolate Smoothie

Make 1/2 blender full for 2 points.

1 packet Vanilla Alba

1/2 c FF milk (can use vanilla soy milk)

4 squirts Davinci Carmel SF syrup

4 squirts Davinci Chocolate SF syrup

Blend with crushed ice.

I didn't have Vanilla Alba, so I used a package of Chocolate WW Smoothie. (2)

And I used the FF milk (1).

My version, a Carmel Double Chocolate WW Smoothie, came out to 3 points.

New use for the syrup-Make granola. I can't buy granola (not just for the points, most have nuts to which I am alergic). So, mix old fashioned rolled oats with squirts of syrup to dampen. I used carmel and toasted marshmellow. You can add any seeds or nuts you want if you can afford the points. Spread on cookie sheet. To make clusters you need to squish little handfuls on the cookie sheet. Put in low oven (my electic only goes as low as 250) for at least an hour. After it cools, bag it up. I add dried fruit. If you just do the oatmeal you have a low cal munchie thanks to DaVinci.

I made the ww recipe "mock cheese danish"

1/4 c. ff rigotta w/ dash of cinn.

1/2 c. crushed pineapple

1 lite eng. muf. - then , toast = 3 pt.

But i mixed in alittle AMARETTO syrup in the rigotta ! YUM !

I also add a splash of vanilla or amaretto to the eggs when i make my lo-fat french toast!

Got my latest order a couple of days ago and one of the new flavors I tried is the sugar free Green Apple. Just popped it today. By itself, added 4 squirts to a 12 oz club soda over ice, it reminded me of sparkling cider. Very refreshing, very tasty!

But it went BALLISTIC when I put in 1.5 squirts of the Red Hot Cinnamon! I tell ya, buddies, it tastes like a candied apple.

And my newest combo:

Found the diet Canfield's Chocolate Fudge Soda and made two flavors with DV - "Chocolate Covered Cherries" - 3 squirts Cherry syrup and one chocolate fudge soda over ice - and "Chocolate Dipped Strawberries" - 4 squirts Strawberry syrup and one chocolate fudge soda over ice - both were really tasty!

Char

I always get worried that this post is lost forever and that would be a catastrophy! For some reason, I have trouble finding it. crazy.gif

I just bought a Rival Snow Cone Maker. (Just what I needed - another appliance :rolleyes: , however, I couldn't pass up the thought of zero point treats for the summer!!) I chose that brand because it says you can use regular icecubes, instead of making special ones.

Naturally, none the flavors I have are the fruit flavors. So, I'll just be FORCED ;) to buy some. Anyone got any favorites? I was thinking of Green Apple, Cherry, and I'll bet DH will want Blueberry. Any opinions out there? Anyone tried flavors other than fruit on the snow cones?

So far, my favie flavie for overall use is Carmel. It's to die for on oatmeal. Tastes just like brown sugar to me. It's got me eating oatmeal again.

Anyone come with with any new concoctions lately?

Diane wave.gif

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Caramel davinci, a diet A&W rootbeer, and fat free coolwhip(slightly frozen)....Tastes like a rootbeer float!!!!!

Yumm!! tongue.gif Dont ask me why I mixed all those together...LOL!! Just had to try..teehee!

I also like blueberry on my oatmeal!

P.S. I found a new site with davinci syrups really cheap!

http://www.vitalady.com/products-syrups.htm

Sincerely,

Carla

~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

Diane, why don't you just bookmark this thread or add it to your favorites, depending on what browser you use it should be terminology of that sort! Then you can always go straight to it without having to search around. If you need help in figuring out how to do that let me know!

As for the snowcone flavors, I'd think the new Cola and RootBeer ones would be awesome, along with Cherry, Strawberry, Blueberry, Grape, Orange, Watermelon - well, you get the idea! Or even chocolate would be tasty, IMHO.

So the Rival snowcone maker uses regular ice cubes huh?! Is it electric? Let me know how you like it!

Char

Brilliant idea, Char. I don't know why I didn't think of it.

The Rival Snow Cone Maker Artic Ice Electric Ice Shaver advertises, "Makes delicious snow cones, icy slushes, smoothies, milk shakes and fruity drinks."

I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon and will give a report on it.

We've had a very cool spring so far and today summer seems to have hit. It was even hot at the beach.

Thanks again.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

Thanks Char, for the informaton regarding the better prices at Vitalady.com. That's quite a difference in price!! I wonder how they can do it cheaper than DaVinci???

I ordered Caramel (again), Cherry, Peanut Butter, Green Apple and Raspberry. The only one I wanted that they didn't have was the eggnog.

I'm waaaaaaiting.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

My DD has a snow cone maker...Shaved ice, I think. But it does both: the ice forms and the regular cubes. You get different results with each.

I like the Root Beer float idea! :D Also, Vanilla, Lemon or Cherry Cokes sound good too!

(Hey, Charski~ DV doesn't make Lemon does it? Seems like THAT could be a good flavor! smile.gif ) wave.gif Carol

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Wow! I got home from work today and my syrups from vitalady.com were here already. Talk about fast service! So, OF COURSE, we had to try it out. I had the green apple snow cone and DH had the raspberry one. Both were good. Next time maybe banana or cherry or....... I think it will really be great when the hot weather hits.

As for my review of the Rival Snow Cone Maker Artic Ice Electric Ice Shaver: I thought it worked very well and it made really fast work of the ice cubes. It was simple to operate. I would recommend it.

Before I bought this appliance I almost bought a blender that claims to crush the ice. But, I thought crushed ice would be more chunky. This machine shaves the ice so it's tiny little particles. Maybe either one would be fine. Anyway, I'm happy with the Rival and my DaVinci syrups!!

wave.gif

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

Last night, I snuck a bit of sf Davinci eggnog syrup into Starbuck's & stirred it into my nf latte. I'd much rather have the 2 point nf latte than the 4 point nf mocha. And plain lattes don't do it for me. smile.gif I think this is a great strategy for when I go out to coffee with my friends. I just have to get a little vial or something instead of the baggie I used last night. clown.gif

PS - Pluumeria - wow - the chai syrup is a couple bucks less! It's too bad that they have all that gastric bypass stuff on there, though...I mean they look great, but that always makes me sad when people feel they have to resort to that.

jendear75

Returned Lifetime member

:bcb_tank:

http://2011istheyear.wordpress.com/

LOL, JenDear!! :D That is WAY too funny...!

I was going to ask how you sneaked it in...I've pictured all kinds of scenarios~

1) The Starbucks police tell you no-smuggled-in-syrups and kindly escort you to the door. smile.gif

2) You secretively add your secret-ingredient from a mysterious vial, while people wonder what you are adding...! And,

3) You walk in with a large DaVinci bottle under your arm, (syrup pump attached) and add-a-squirt to your latte, CONFIDENT and without guilt! ;) Thus starting a new coffee shop trend !!

Thanks for giving my imagination a whirl! :D Carol

OH YES YES YES!!!

They take Canadian orders too!!!!! Oh I'm so happy. Think I need a bank loan after this, but, I don't care.

I ordered 2 caramel, and one each of vanilla, chocolate, kahlua, toasted marshmallow, cherry, cinnamon, b52, cookie dough and I got one each of the flavormate chocolate drops and a sample bottle of the chai.

Think that ought to get me started off right??? I sure hope these are as good as everyone is saying or I'm in trouble. ;o)

Kim

Thats wonderful KAWS !! vitalady.com is really fast on getting the items out to you also!

Can't wait to hear how you like the syrups!

Sincerely,

Carla

~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

Thanks so much for the Vitalady.com information. I will do my next order with them. I have a Hawaii Ice Electric Ice Shaver. It uses both regular cubes and the ones from their cups. My favorite Davinci syrup for snow cones, so far, is the Red Hot Cinnamon. It tastes exactly like red hots.

Barbara

OP 1/15/02<br />SW 288.0<br />CW 266.8<br />(-21.2)

Kim~

My first reaction was that they seemed rather subtle and wondered what all the hull-a-baloo was about...

BELIEVE ME, they grow on you (if you're not totally enamored at first) and eventually they are an everyday STAPLE!! :D Carol

I'm so excited... I just placed my first Davinci order on Sunday! I ordered vanilla, chocolate, caramel, and Peppermint Paddy, along with 4 pumps. I can't wait until they get here and I can start trying these out! Anyone have any idea how long Davinci takes to ship?

Also, what are your recommendations for the FIRST thing I need to try with my new syrups? I know my flavor choices aren't too exotic, but there's got to be a TON of things I can do with these! What do I try first?!?!?!

Laurie Rose

Next goal - 1st 10%

weight.png

SW/HW: 277/277 12/22/10

CW: 275.4

PG: 150

I have no idea what you should try first. smile.gif I did get peppermint paddy, though, and it's great on vanilla ice cream. I've thought of taking some nf ice cream & 1/2 c milk with some peppermint paddy & making a shake. DB also added some to his hot chocolate the other night & said it gave it a nice taste. And here I thought I was being sly leaving a bottle at his place for when I come over...I didn't think he'd use it! smile.gif

jendear75

Returned Lifetime member

:bcb_tank:

http://2011istheyear.wordpress.com/

Rose, my first forays into DaVinci addiction were using the syrups to create Italian Creme Sodas - just take a tall glass, fill it with ice, put in a few squirts of syrup of your choice (my faves are chocolate and P. Paddy), add 2 tablespoons FF half & half or vanilla soymilk, and fill it up with sparkling water. 0 points for 1, more than that, you gotta count the milk part.

Also great with just straight soda, no creamer, or diet creme soda!

Good luck and post your faves.

Char

I was gonna' say...it should depend upon your mood ! ;)

The Italian Cream sodas are so refreshing on a warm day...

But if it's a cool day, you might want to get cozy and add some DV syrups to a Chai tea or coffee or cocoa!

For a hot summer day, you can make sorbets and smoothies...You are gonna' have so much fun! :D Carol

Laurie Rose-

It takes 5 to 7 working days to receive the Davinci syrups. They should send you an email the day it is shipped with the info. to check on the status. It links you to UPS's website and that will tell you the delivery date.

Enjoy!

Barbara

OP 1/15/02<br />SW 288.0<br />CW 266.8<br />(-21.2)

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! I'm so excited! I got my email yesterday that my order shipped, so it should be here in the middle of next week! I'll have to stock up on some sparkling water to be prepared!!!!

I'll post again after I've tried some!

Laurie Rose

Next goal - 1st 10%

weight.png

It must take a little longer to get shipment notice when you're in Canada. I didn't get mine yet. redface.gif ( But I'm not losing heart - it will be soon.

I didn't order a pump though. Didn't see that on the site; guess I got too excited at the prospect of being able to get the syrups. How much do you estimate would come out of one pump's worth? A teaspoon - a tablespoon? When I hear people say a few pumps of this or that, I'm trying to guage how much that would be. Any ideas? Someone want to measure out "a pump's worth" for me?

Kim

Hi all,

My DS found the bottle of cherry Davinci and it's half gone. :(

I bought some of the peanut butter syrup. We are not whelmed with the taste. Anyone got any good suggestions to use it in?

Hope you're having a great Memorial Day weekend!

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

Diane could you put a pump or two in some peanut butter desserts or muffins for extra flavour? You might be able to cut the amount of pb down in a recipe (say from 1/3 cup to 1/4 or 1/2 to a 1/3 if you did this). Might save a few points along the way.

Now keep in mind - I'm still waiting for my first order of syrups to arrive, so I don't really know how this would work. It was just off the top of my head so to speak.

Kim

OOOOHHHH... I just checked the tracking info on my Davinci order... it's scheduled to get here on Wednesday! I'm so excited! I've been getting so psyched-up for this! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Laurie Rose

Next goal - 1st 10%

weight.png