Health Discovery Network
Charski

DaVinci Sugarfree Syrup Recipes

Hey Carla!

Welcome to "DaVinci Addicts" on BCB! ;)

I have over 30 bottles now, each outfitted with a pump top, so they have to be upright - luckily I have a wetbar in the family room and that's where they all live - at the ready for any DV whim that comes along!

The Spice Blend is quite nice, I squirted a bit on my butternut squash tonight - very tasty stuff.

I really AM running out of room though!

Char

Guest caresse

Hi everyone,

I was wondering, do you use the DaVinci sugar free syrups in other things or mostly drinks.

Are thay that good?

Guest murph**

Hey BCBers!

My mom picked me up a Hazelnut flavoured DaVinci fatfree syrup at TJ Maxx in the states it was the very last bottle so flavour choice wasn't an option. Anyways I'm looking for ANY Hazelnut recipes. If you have any ideas I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!

Christie wave.gif

Guest Lissa

caf...

I rarely use them for beverages other than for flavoring my Diet Rite. I use them as toppings on food items like oatmeal, angel food cake, berries, ice cream, etc. They add a lot of flavor and are 0 points. smile.gif

Guest lovemythreeguys2002

I found the vanilla today at Marshall's...it was $5.99.

I made my own diet vanilla coke LOL

After I bought it I wondered how this was any different than vanilla extract?

LM3G - it's quite different, actually. Vanilla extract is the vanilla bean which has been steeped in an alcohol base to remove the flavor - hence the "extract" part of the name.

The DV syrup is vanilla flavored (in the case of the bottle you bought) but is in a Splenda sweetened syrup "base" - where you'd only use a couple of drops of vanilla extract in a vanilla Coke, and you'd get no sweetening effect whatsoever, the DV takes a tablespoon or more (to your taste) to get the vanilla flavor but it also adds some sweetness.

Hope that helps distinguish the difference!

Char :D

Hello, my name is Molly and I am a Davinci Syrup addict.....

OMG.... I have only tried two flavors and am waiting for payday to order more. LOL

I have the Irish Cream and Chocolate...

Again, OMG, I can hardly wait to try the other flavors.

Molly (who is printing this whole thread...)

bcbsalute.gif

I did not gain the weight overnight, therefore it can not come off overnight.

Dr. Phil-- "You don't have to LIKE it, you just have to DO it."

HW -- 234.4

CW -- 214.6

1st goal 10% 211.4

Molly,

I hear you. I have Egg Nog, Vanilla, Caramel, Raspberry, Chocolate and Creme de Menthe. They are starting to take over my kitchen! I just hit the Cash & Carry this weekend to stock up. :D

Jessica (in Seattle)

5'6"

HW: 204.4

CW: 165.6

WWG: 148

PG: 135

Getting back to goal

Guest 32lbs&counting

wow!

I think Davincis should be in Canada as well.

We have family friends who showed up from Washington USA with 5 bottles

They are caramel, chocolate, cherry, strawberry and one more I can't think of. My mother has them and will be here on Monday to break them open! yes!

Now I will be an addict as well and won't be able to get them!

the shipping is so high to where I am . lol

I want the marshmallow next time I think

Here is a simple new one I love. Last night I baked some bananas to go with the rice and beans. It is very simple to bake a banana - wash and dry the peel and pop it on a cookie pan in a 350 to 375 degree oven for about 20 min. The skins look black and disgusting so my family wouldn't eat it but the bananas come out warm and soft. Take them out of the skin and pour on some caramel syrup and it is wonderful. I ate two and well worth the four points. I had no need for a sweet desert that night.

Heather

YaYa Name Empress Sleeping Butterfly

Just saw this thread. I LOOOOVES my DV syrups!! The other nite I baked some little tart shells out of RF biscuits (1/4 biscuit each) and put one in a bowl (still warm). I covered it with 1/2 cup of vanilla bean yogurt, and then squirted on some chocolate syrup. The syrup flavored the ice cream and ran down into the tart shell, giving it a nice chocolately flavor. I'm planning to do this with a shell, vanilla yogurt, some SF apple pie filling or a baked apple, and some caramel syrup.

I tried the new orange flavor in non-fat plain yogurt---creamsicle!!

I have a different flavor yogurt everyday with my DV syrups and plain yogurt. Sometimes I put in some Fiber One or Kashi for crunch and/or some berries.

My favorite so far is the raspberry.

Long live DaVinci!!

YUM YUM!! :D

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Bumping to the top!!

Also, my new fav is:

1 cup SS FF vanilla yogurt (Dannon Light and Fit) (2 points)

1/2 cup GrapeNuts (3 points)

and a few squirts of the carmel

That really is filling and serves as a meal for me, but for a snack, you could easily decrease the amounts.

YUUUUUMMMMM!

It's got me thinking about other possible combinations. :D

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Hey, it's time to roust this one out of hibernation!

My latest goodies, in my quest to increase my consumption of dairy based calcium:

1 C vanilla fat-free sugar free yogurt

1/2 C crushed pineapple

Couple of squirts of DV coconut

1 C vanilla FF SF yogurt

2/3 C frozen mixed berries

Couple of squirts of DV raspberry

1 C vanilla FF SF yogurt

1.5 C frozen strawberries

Couple of squirts of DV orange

I'm in smoothie heaven, here smile.gif

Kimba

CORE and lovin' it

Hi just found this site and I sure like what I am hearing. Now I have to order some, so I can become as addicted as the rest of you junkies. ha ha. Do any of you ever put the syrup in water. Like the rasberry, or other fruit flavors. I like the water that Walmart sell, but is sweetened with asp. And I would like to try to get away from it. Besides I drink so much that it is exspensive after awhile. Thanks so much.

Debbie<br /><br />A Good Friend is<br />Like a Good Bra...Hard to find, supportive, comforable, And Always Close to your Heart.

My latest concoction:

1 cup vanilla FF SF yogurt

1/2 cup Fiber One

1 tsp. Splenda

Danish Pastry SF Davinci to taste ("big splash")

WOW!! thumbup.gif

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Guest sunnyinslc

Okay, I'm bumping this because I've been reading so much about how DaVinci syrups are everyone's favorite "discovery" from this site. I'm still looking for a store around here that carries them, but for all you fellow newbies out there...

BUMP!

bump

Aya: born Jan. 30, 2001

Danya: born Jun. 10, 2004

Starting Date: Oct. 15, 2007

SW:185.5lbs

GW:125 lbs

weight.png

I'm very happy to see DaVinci back on board as an advertiser, at least as of today!

Please help support them by using their products - in so doing you help support BCB at the same time! :D

Char

Yes don't loose this thread...I can't seem to bookmark it...but still trying to find a way...meanwhile don't disappear@!

I'm gonna check my Super Walmart today - as someone suggested and if not any there then ordering one or two. Another time when money is plentiful I'll order more. Can't wait....

Love coffee, smoothies, etc. so this is a God send!

Happy on points day

SE

SE<br />Joined WW 6/18/03<br />Heaviest weight 163<br />SW - 155.8 - 6/18/03<br />current - 142<br />10% target - 140<br />Goal weight - 125<br />PGW -120<br />yahoo id: shawnbuc<br />aol im: sebuckr<br /><br />"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me."- Carol Burnett

Guest jmjgtodd

I did my part in supporting the board! I clicked away and ordered a bunch of flavors! Boy will my DH be surprised when the big box shows up!!! I can't wait!!!

In the meantime I will peruse all these great recipes for ideas of how I will use my new flavors!!

Just bumping this up.

Also want to add that I did check out my local Super Walmart (my reg walmart didn't have them). They only had two sugar free flavors. Having to be the frugal mom shopper I only splurged on the Vanilla.

So far I've only added a few drops in my evening coffee with my Fat Free Half n Half. Yummy...

I'm gonna search back now for other uses/recipes for the sugar free vanilla.

Does anyone else know of other stores or distributors? I don't want to have to pay for shipping.

Thanks

Shawn

SE<br />Joined WW 6/18/03<br />Heaviest weight 163<br />SW - 155.8 - 6/18/03<br />current - 142<br />10% target - 140<br />Goal weight - 125<br />PGW -120<br />yahoo id: shawnbuc<br />aol im: sebuckr<br /><br />"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me."- Carol Burnett