Health Discovery Network
Charski

Mockarita (Mock Margarita)

Mock Margarita

2 cups Diet Mountain Dew Soda -- frozen

1/4 cup lime juice

2 teaspoons Spoonable Equal or Splenda

margarita salt

Combine soda, juice and equal in blender. Blend until smooth. Dip rim of margarita glass in salt and pour in drinks.

Calories: 8.3

Fat grams: 0.0

Fiber grams: 0.0

W/W Points 0

NOTES: add 1.5 oz Tequila, 2 points, for a “full bore” margarita

To freeze the Dew, DON'T freeze it in the cans! Pour into a freezer container (I use those Ziploc disposable plastic containers) and freeze at least several hours in advance of making the mockaritas

I've finally tried this and wanted to report back - YUM!!!

Now those of you who "know" me know that I can never leave a recipe alone, and this one is no exception - I didn't have any limes, so used fresh lemon juice, and instead of the sweetener, I used 2 tablespoons of DaVinci Key Lime sugarfree syrup. I whipped this up (yes, with tequila!) in my VitaMix and it was as good as, or better than, most any margarita I've ever had! The consistency was like a Slurpy. Just right on a hot afternoon!

Char

I love this, going to try it the next time I eat chips and salsa, I will be in heaven. Love margarita's with mexican food. Thanks a bunch for sharing this.

Rover<br /><br />SW 349<br />CW 294<br />GW 170

Thanks Char, Looks like another good one for the VM.

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Oh, yeah, Dawna, you GOTTA try this one in your VM! I broke up the frozen Diet Dew into chunks and tossed 'em in there with the other stuff and within 45 seconds it was this perfect, slushy, slurpee Mockarita!

Let me know what you think!

Today I poured the remaining 3 cans of Dew into my 8 cup Ziploc plastic container but there was a little more room, so I added a can of diet grapefruit soda - can't wait to try that little combo!

Hugs back atcha~~~

Char

Guest kandicev

My 21st Bday is coming up crazy.gif anyone know of any alcoholic drinks with low point values?! That Mocarita one sounds good...but I usually use rum, instead of tequila ( I don't really care for tequila) like a daqari. Thanks! Hope all of you are doing well!

kandice

If you like pina coladas, try WWCarol's recipe for the Pineapple Slurpee and just add your rum to it. 1.5 ounces of rum will add 2 points so the whole works (about 18-20 ounces) would be 3 points worth. The recipe is under the Blenders section.

It's delicious!

Char

Charski: Just wanted you to know I made these this weekend for a little get-together with a couple of my girlfriends. They just loved them! Three ladies over, and three ladies went home with the receipe! Too Good! And of course, they couldn't believe that it was WW receipe. I just had to brag about my friend Charski on BCB who does all these wonderful things with receipes! Very tasty, indeed. Thanks for posting this, it really was good. :D

JeanetteSki

Hi Jeanette!

Thanks for reporting on the success of your mockarita party! :D I was really pleasantly surprised by this little concoction, it doesn't taste AT ALL "diet" and especially not if you add the tequila! crazy.gif

Char

Guest raidermom

Char.....

sobbing.gif I really want a VitaMix now! sobbing.gif

I tried making the Mockeritas last night. I broke up the frozen Dew as you suggested and my darned "bar blender" couldn't handle the task. I had to sit and wait for them to halfway thaw, then try again. BUT......after an hour of frustration, the actual Mockerita itself was delicious! It's a keeper!

DH saw the complete mess I made when he walked in from afternoon shift.....I peed and moaned about if I had that darned VitaMix this wouldn't have happened........A couple more months! :D

I bumped up the mockamole too in this same board - can't have mockaritas without the mockamole!! ;)

Char

What does bump mean?

:confused:

Week 1 - minus 4.75 lbs.<br />Week 2 - minus 4.5 lbs.<br />Week 3 - minus 2.5<br />Week 4 - plus 1.25 <br />Week 5 - minus 3.25<br /><br />Total 14.0 GONE!

Hi Marlyn~ smile.gif

When someone wants to pull a post out of "storage" and put it back on the top of the list, they just write "bump" or "to the top" or "ttt" as a reply to that post...and it is bumped-up to where everyone can see it again! wave.gif Carol

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Bumping this up! I made this last week and froze it in the cups for my ice shaver then shaved it. OMG! It was soooo good!

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Bumping this one up, looks like a great addition to my new Smoothie recipie book.

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

I like strawberry margaritas. Anyone have any idea how you'd adjust this recipe to make them strawberry? Thanks a bunch!!

:wave: Jerri* * * * * * * * * * * * *

209.2/209.2/140 5'4"

No firm recipe but a few ideas: Use less Mountain Dew and some frozen strawberries to make up the difference. #2: Can you find diet strawberry soda where you live? Third option: Diet Code Red Mountain Dew & frozen berries. It's a matter of playing around with the proportions until you find a mix that works for you.

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

bumping this one up again! :)

I did not gain the weight overnight, therefore it can not come off overnight.

Dr. Phil-- "You don't have to LIKE it, you just have to DO it."

HW -- 234.4

CW -- 214.6

1st goal 10% 211.4