Health Discovery Network
ChristineP

Bourbon Chicken

This really is good. Love all these core recipes.

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

This is so good. I am so glad this was posted. I love it!! Being new to core I really need some good recipes.

Made this on Sunday and had it with brown rice for lunch the first half of the week. It was excellent!

Jenna

Re-committed 11/17/08

SW: 265 11/17/08

CW: 265

GW: Undecided

One word:

YUM!

This was excellent! I used real brown sugar (5 pts over the recipe) - I've not done it with splenda, but the points were totally worth it!!!!!

This is going in the regular rotation! I had to beg DH not to eat it all so I'd have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. :D

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

One word:

YUM!

This was excellent! I used real brown sugar (5 pts over the recipe) - I've not done it with splenda, but the points were totally worth it!!!!!

This is going in the regular rotation! I had to beg DH not to eat it all so I'd have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. :D

Amy

about how much brown sugar did you put in for this recipe?? boy is this recipe good :bcb_happy

Thanks,

Cheryl :bcb_smile

I used 1/3 c. of brown sugar, just like the recipe calls for. YUMMO!

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

I couldn't find cider vinegar so I bought apple cider vinegar,is this ok or should I get white vinegar to substitute,thanks to all in advance.

I think apple cider vinegar is the same thing as cider vinegar. At any point, the only thing I had on hand was red wine vinegar and it turned out fine.

See you lighter!!

Janeen

I did use apple cidar vinegar and it turned out great,next time I will make this with cut up boneless chicken thighs as I like dark meat better than white,mine came a little dry but I think I browned it to long,but it is delischous,I will make this again,I also substituted the soy sauce for lite soy sauce and the apple juice I bought was Motts for tots it has 60 cal. and 1/2 the sugar of regular juice,it turn out great.:bcb_up

I'm going to make this again this week and serve it over bulgar. I think I'll leave the chicken tenders whole since I always overcook the bite-sized pieces.

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

I made this last night and it was INCREDIBLE!!! DH looked at me and said "this is the best core dish I have tasted" (and he likes a lot of the core cooking I do).

I took the leftovers to work today over cooked bulgar. People were "sniffing" around me when I heated it up and kept asking what it was. Those who tried it asked for the recipe! They were shocked when I told them it was actually not bad for them!

Recipe goes to the top of my chicken list!

Thanks!

:bcb_LOL:

JK

I made this tonight along with some homemade (core) eggdrop soup and my DH's response was, "Why on earth would you go out for Chinese when you can make this?" Coming for him that speaks volumes for this recipe. It was simply delicious!! I made it with the applesauce so it would be 100% core and I can't imagine it being any better using apple juice. Thank you for a wonderful recipe!

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

WOW this was delicious!!!! DH gave it a 12 out of 10!!! This I will definitely make again. I used Splenda in stead of sugar, and it was great! Thanks again for posting this! :bcb_up

Tissie

One bite at a time!

Mmmmmm ... another recipe to add to the "must try" list! I just started core (and WW actually) and I know these recipes are going to make my new way of eating MUCH easier! Thanks!

All I can say is: W! O! W! :bcb_up

This recipe is DELICIOUS!!!

Mad props to the OP!

Jen

Empress Sassy Mouth

Stats:

Height: 5'7

HW:180 lbs

SW:162.2lbs (as of 1/03/06)

CW: 149lbs

GW:140lbs

PG:135lbs :D

i've been lurking here for a few weeks, but i had to register to say that this is GOOD!

i used diet orange pop instead of the apple juice. i used the splenda brown sugar and counted the points for it. 2 questions:

1) has anyone ever tried this in the crockpot?

2) for those who used splenda, how much did you use?

i've been lurking here for a few weeks, but i had to register to say that this is GOOD!

i used diet orange pop instead of the apple juice. i used the splenda brown sugar and counted the points for it. 2 questions:

1) has anyone ever tried this in the crockpot?

2) for those who used splenda, how much did you use?

I used 1/3 cup of Splenda! Hope this helps. I have never tried it in a crockpot but that is something to think about!

Tissie

One bite at a time!

I wouldn't make this in the crockpot because it would overcook very easily. I have made it with splenda and applesauce though.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

Okay, I want to make it with the applesauce instead of the apple juice. For those of you that made it with the applesauce - how much applesauce did you use?