Health Discovery Network
passionflower

I am scared to try vegetables

I've been following this, and it's so funny to me. Not like veggies?? :bcb_grin

Really, I started a thread a week or so ago I called "As a former low-carber..." and one of the things I said was, it is so thrilling to me to be able to eat as many fruits and veggies as I like! It's like I've been let out of prison!

Don't forget, it's 5 servings of fruit AND veggies. It's not all veggies. Have 3 pieces of fruit, a veggie, and maybe something with a veggie mixed in that you don't notice, like a casserole.

There are some veggies that just about everyone likes, like asparagus and artichokes.

I've never liked bell peppers, but lately I've been having a little bit of them and enjoying them. It started last Christmas when I ordered a veggie sandwich at a coffee shop and forgot to tell them to leave them off. They weren't that bad and I've been eating them since.

I happen to like canned green beans, too. A little butter (or ICBINB), salt and pepper, and voila.

Veggies fresh grown out of a garden are best.

Have fun experimenting.

Tish

Onward and Downward

You know, PF, this quote makes me think you are like me-extremely sensitive to smell. Do people's perfume bother you in public? Can you tell the milk has gone bad two days before anyone else? That's how I am. I too, had to learn to eat veggies and can only stomach fish when it is covered by a spicy smell such as garlic. I will never eat eggs by themselves as long as I live. They simply will not go down. It doesn't always have to do with "being an adult" and "sucking it up". (although trying with an adult attitude is important!)

Yes, smell is BIG for me. I avoid the perfume section at stores and I am very careful about make-up and personal hygiene products. I can eat fish if it is fresh water, has just come out of the water and if someone else prepares it.

I wanted to report back that I just finished eating WW Sweet Potato Sticks. They were soooo good. My husband loved it too. I have also heard that sweet potatos are very good for hormonal balancing. I am putting them on the menu every month during PMS time. Can't hurt - might help. :bcb_grin Here's the recipe. 8 servings - 2 points

4 medium sweet potatos (peeled and cut)

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

Mix together in a bowl. Bake on cookie sheet with non-stick spray. 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.

I am kind of excited now about trying more. Bring on the veggies!

:bcb_grin Here's the recipe. 8 servings - 2 points

4 medium sweet potatos (peeled and cut)

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

Mix together in a bowl. Bake on cookie sheet with non-stick spray. 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.

You're on your way!

Try olive oil instead of plain vegetable oil. Same points and it's even tastier. I also make "fries" from turnips, parsnips or carrots. Or mix them up, they look very nice on your plate with the different colours. Sweet potatoes and parsnips cook the fastest, then carrots, then turnip. I usually just add salt instead of the parmesan cheese.

The leftovers make a fantastic soup, just add some broth. You can cut the leftover veg into pieces, or puree them. The roasting of the veg gives the soup an extra good taste.

"Hunger is the best sauce"

my Mom

Guest Erica20

Trying V8 Vegetable juice and if the V8 juice is not for you, you can try some V8 Splash its very good I love Mango Peach or Tropical Blend and the Diet V8 Splash is good too But I love Veggies I like Broccoli Carrots Peas Green Beans etc

I hate veggies myself.Most I will eat except zuccini and squash.However I have found a way to do that. I found that I can eat them roasted.They are really good off the grill.Peppers are good that way also. As they are grilled the heat is cooked out.

weight.png

MO PLATOON MEMBER #77

myspace.com/raflomo

Failure Is Only A Fact When You Give Up...Everyone Gets Knocked Down But The Question Is-Will You Get Back Up?

Trying V8 Vegetable juice and if the V8 juice is not for you, you can try some V8 Splash its very good I love Mango Peach or Tropical Blend and the Diet V8 Splash is good too But I love Veggies I like Broccoli Carrots Peas Green Beans etc

FYI, only the v8 vegetable juice can count as an F&V serving there is not enough juice in the Splash or DIet Splash to count

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189