Health Discovery Network
Guest kaths

quiche cups

Guest kaths

i found this recipe on my egg substitute carton...pretty tasty and only 2 points per cup!!

2 1/2 c cooked rice

1 carton egg substitute

1 T vegetable oil

1 clove garlic, minced

1 c chopped mushrooms

1/3 c milk

1/2 c shredded light cheddar cheese

1 T chopped parsley

1/2 t thyme

salt & pepper to taste

combine rice with 1/2 c egg substitute. divide rice mixture among 12 muffin cups, sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. with a spoon, form "nests" of rice in muffin cups. bake 8 min at 400F.

meanwhile, saute garlic and mushrooms in vegetable oil and combine with 1/2 c egg substitute, milk, cheese, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. divide among rice cups. bake at 400F for 15 minutes or until set.

makes 12 quiche cups

calories ....81

carbohydrate.....9.1 g

fat ......2.6 g

cholesterol.......21 mg

protein .....4.6 g

i was thinking about making them in mini-muffin tins for a party appetizer too. since i haven't tried it yet, i'm not sure how many it would yield, but figuring the points, it would be .6 points each for 36 quiches or .45 points each for 48 quiches. i'll post after i try the mini ones, but i have to find my mini-muffin tins!! smile.gif

These sound tasty! I bet you could also add finely chopped cooked broccoli or spinach, squeezed dry, to this to extend it a bit and lower the points even more.

Thanks for posting this one! thumbup.gif

Char

I've done this recipie too. Spinach works well in it too, just be sure to drain it and squeeze it really well! My friend told me these cups freeze really well to keep them on hand for breakfast but I haven't had any sucess in reheating them yet.

My fiancee loves this recipie too. Sometimes as a special treat I put some chopped lifestyle ham slices in it (contains 0.4 g fat). I usually add an extra point per cup in this case just to be safe but I'm sure it isn't that much. Quickly saute the chopped ham slices first to make them yummy and crisp. I'm lucky to have a pan where I don't have to add oil or butter to saute, if you are too you are in luck.

SW: 225, GW: 145 achieved in 2011!!, CW: 184 (restarting)