Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest claire52

Spinning class

Guest claire52

I was wondering if anyone can give me any pointers or advice on what to expect/do for my first spinning class. I signed up on a whim and I'm going to tonight's class...eek!

Have fun! I love spin classes! I teach them and I tell new participants that it takes awhile to enjoy spinning. It can be very hard at first, just do what you can and enjoy!

If you start enjoying the class but your back end is sore, you can purchase "gelled" seats that help soften things. Your center may have them available.

Enjoy! You will get a great cardio workout!

Kim

weight.png

Guest claire52

Thank you!!! I must admit I'm a bit nervous...could you tell me what you would ballpark for how many APs you would earn in a 55 minute class?

Guest claire52

I completed the class successfully! That was an insanely hard workout, but I loved it. The instructor was fantastic and kept me motivated to the end!

Congrats!! I started spinning a few weeks ago and really liked it.

From what I can find, the average person in the average 45 minute spinning class (not including stretching) will travel 15-20 miles and burn 400-500 calories. I go by the 100 calories= 1 AP, so depending on how intense it was, I count 4-5 AP's per class.

weight.png

Ashley

3/7 miles Run

15/30 miles Biked

i just did my first spinning class on monday-- it was ROUGH!!! i consider myself to be fairly "in shape" and i could barely keep up-- i couldn't even stand up each time i was supposed to stand!

i was a bit sore today but i have a feeling tomorrow will be worse. i am thinking about going tomorrow night, though....we shall see if i can even walk...

(ME) SW: 158.2; CW: 158.2; Goal: 140

(DH) SW: 248.4; CW: 248.4; Goal: 220

Guest BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly

I love spinning, but I moved and the gym I now go to doesnt have it and I miss it!! A friend of mine goes to a gym that has it so I am start "visiting" her gym on occasion for a class!

Spin Classes are AWESOME!!!. I have a weekly spin class that I never miss. Since I'm running and training for a 5K, it breaks up the routine. You can say I'm cross training. he he.:bcb_bigsm

SW 1/15/07 - 248 (37.5 % BF)

CW 10/01/09 - 184 (13.6% BF)

Goal is to Maintain current weight and reach under 10% BF.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=186676

Platoon Member 256

Regards,

Rich

Guest maureenmac

I would "love" to go to a spin class, but I am in a small rural area and there are none around. :bcb_grrrr

moe

I just took my first spinning class today, it was amazing! I was pooped but it was great! I recommend it to everyone!

weight.png

sw-213.6/cw-213.6/gw-150

Start Date 4-27-10