Health Discovery Network
Abbi

A challenge for the experts...

I am currently 23 weeks pregnant w/baby #4, and already planning my post-partum shapeup. As a single mom, breastfeeding a newborn, time will be very scarce, as will funds. I'll need to add an additional 10 points to my daily plan, I know. My challenge to you is this...in the next few weeks/months, I'd like to start preparing & freezing ahead single-serve portions of low-point foods so that when all I get done is nursing & sleeping, I don't binge on foods that are going to put me over my points...(making the plan). I know I'm going to do some 1-point soups (the cheese soup was my favorite back when I lost baby weight from #3, 60 pounds worth), but otherwise I'm at a loss as to what I can freeze ahead, how to reheat it, etc. What suggestions do you have for foods that freeze well & reheat well? Considering that I'm due in August, I'm already counting on eating lots of sauteed/grilled/roasted veggies, but all suggestions are welcome. I know it seems early, but as the nesting hormones kick in, I figure storing food/supplies ahead are good ways to pass the time.

Abbi<br />SW 179, CW 125, GW 125<br />At (or close to) goal since 5/03

Congratulations on your baby news. I freeze most of my meals for work days. I would recommend dishes with lentils, barley, chickpeas etc that are full of fiber, protein, iron, calcium........ If you page down you will see a recipe I posted with lentils, split peas and barley that is delicious, low in points. Also look in the grain thread for Moroccan recipes for chick peas which is very tasty and nutritious. I wish I had the same information available now for when I nursed my babies 30 yrs. ago. My OB encouraged me to diet and lose the baby pounds and I couldn't figure out why I didn't have enough milk! I got my figure back quickly but that was all.

marge

SW: 206

GW: 146

CW: 166. 8:bcb_march

40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

weight.png