Health Discovery Network
100%committed

pointing food when not given saturated fat

You are apparently on the UK program.

I'd check the ingredients and see if the fat comes from oils (not sat. fat) or from solid fats like shortening or butter (mostly sat. fat) and make my best guess.

Or you can use the generic WW Points lists in your materials.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

We figure our points by the calories, fat, and fiber. It doesn't matter what kind of fat it is.

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

ah i see....and how do you find out or calculate the fiber? sorry to be a nuisance but this is the first I've heard of it

Sarah

weight.png

taking one day at a time :bcb_march

I just found this http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...ht=points+quiz

I did the quiz and it says that my daily allowance is 24 but it's actually 21.

Maybe the American system is totally different to ours. If the points allowances are different, that probably means that the points values for foods are different too. I'd just presumed they were standard. We should probably double check any information we read on this forum about recipes etc, bugger.

- Rach

193/164/156

weight.png

ya I was thinking that too! think alot of the ingredients in the recipes aren't available in Ireland aswell, well at least I've never seen/heard of them.

Sarah

weight.png

taking one day at a time :bcb_march

The US and UK versions are completely different and points are calculated differently. I'd stick with your local plan as it's designed for the food labeling laws in your country.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I'm with Joanne. It's best to follow the WW plan in your country.

The US and UK plans have different formulas for figuring Points, and Daily/Target Points, and optional Points. If you try to mix and match you will not only get confused, you may have trouble losing weight.

100%committed, it looks like lehcargiarc answered your question from the UK plan point of view.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

I can't believe it took me this long to realise that there were two different plans!!

Ya, I agree it's essential to stick to one plan. I'll have to ignore any points information I fine on these forums now

- Rach

193/164/156

weight.png

I can't believe it took me this long to realise that there were two different plans!!

Ya, I agree it's essential to stick to one plan. I'll have to ignore any points information I find on these forums now!

- Rach

193/164/156

weight.png