Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lots2loose

mikes hard lemonade

Guest lots2loose

well summer is here and so are the outdoor bbq's -- I dont know about anyone else but I love to just chill out sometimes and drink a Mikes hard lemonade..well I wrote to the company to see the nutrition facts to point them out..and they are 3 points. just thought Id let ya's know :D

Someone had posted an alternative to Mikes recently. (I'm sorry I don't remember who to give credit to odear.gif ) It is called Thin Ice and has only 90 calories so would be 2 points. I haven't found it yet. But if you're tight on points, and who isn't :D , it might be something to check out. If you try it first, be sure to post in product reviews what you think.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest girlinmotion

Another option is Crystal Light Lemonade and vodka over ice. I add a squeeze of lemon to add to the zing. You only have to count points for the vodka (depends how strong you like it crazy.gif )

Guest FirstCavWife
Originally posted by girlinmotion:

Another option is Crystal Light Lemonade and vodka over ice. I add a squeeze of lemon to add to the zing. You only have to count points for the vodka (depends how strong you like it crazy.gif )

OM!!!!! This is such a GREAT idea!!! How close to Mike's does this taste???? I can't wait to try it!!!!!

-Dawn

Guest lots2loose

good ideas Ill have to try both the crystal light and ice--- my fav mikes tho is cranberry is there a cranberry crystal light? ..I dont think so :confused:

Hey lots2loose, there is a diet cranberry juice cocktail out there. I found it last summer after my SIL introduced me to the joy of cranberry and vanilla vodka. OMG! YUM! One brand I've found is Langer's Diet Cranberry. 8 oz is 30 calories 0 fat so you could have 16 oz for 1 point.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest lots2loose

thanx for the info I'll have to look for it :D

Guest raidermom
Originally posted by lots2loose:

well summer is here and so are the outdoor bbq's -- I dont know about anyone else but I love to just chill out sometimes and drink a Mikes hard lemonade..well I wrote to the company to see the nutrition facts to point them out..and they are 3 points. just thought Id let ya's know :D

Would you please post the nutrition information that they gave you? I have always avoided these because I've always been told they are FIVE POINTS.

Here is a link to a nutrition label for Mike's that I found online -http://www.dietfacts.com/item.asp?itemid=12146

There used to be a cranberry flavored crystal light back in 1995 and I LOVED it. Sadly the company discontinued the flavor (I called and asked what happened to it). I wish they would bring it back!

I will have to try the crystal light "hard" lemonaid. Sounds yummy!

Thanks for the info on the light cranberry juice would have never thought to look for it.

ET

ET<br />Where I started - 222.9<br />Where I am at Now - <br />Where I'm Heading (WW) - 150<br />Where I'm Heading (Personal) - 140

I recently found a recipe for a Mock Margarita on site here, but I'm unsure as to whom to give the credit to. I LOVE Cadillac Margaritas, so this is a great alternative. You just add your jigger of tequila (I prefer Cuervo Gold), add Diet Mountain Dew, a splash (to taste) of lime juice, and a splash of Gran Marnier (or triple sec of your choice). It is wonderful. You just add the 2 pts. for the Tequila and 1 pt. or so for the Gran Marnier (depending how much you add-I just add a splash). Great Summertime drink; although, on a hot day nothing compares to a cold beer. :)

P.S. I drink my margaritas on the rocks and that is why I did not follow the original Mock Margarita recipe which required freezing the ingredients in a ziploc bag for the "slush" effect. Ole!!!!

Guest lots2loose

tried the crystal lite and vodka yesterday--it was pretty good,not mikes ;) but good! :D

:confused: How did you get 3 points? I get right on the 4/5 line on the points finder. This is from the web site:

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 bottle • 11.2 oz

Amount Per Serving

Calories 220 Calories from Fat 12

% DV*

Total Fat 1.3g 2%

Total Carbohydrate 37.8g 13%

Sugars 30.4g

Unofficial Pts (calculated) 5

I will stay with crystal light and the vodka. Its less points.

Sharon bcbsalute.gif

Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************

Guest lots2loose

from the nutrition facts the guy emailed me it is 3 points I erased my mail so i cant paste them here .. sorry ugh.gif

Mike's Light Hard Lemonade (new) only has 76 calories for a 12 oz serving.

Leila

5'5"

SW: 149.6

CW: 142.0

WWG: 135

PG: 130

Guest LittleRunner

The new Mike's Light Lemon Lime is great. Tastes like Sprite. Also, the mock margarita is good too! :)