Health Discovery Network
tracywr

Feeling like 21 points is not enough!

Hi,

I am new to this site. I'm so glad I found it. I am feeling really discouraged right now and am looking for some tips/wisdom.

I have been a member of WW since October 2006. I started at 157 lbs. (I am 5 foot 2) and lost 27 lbs by summer 2007. My lowest weight was 130. I set my gw at 133 and made lifetime in September 2007.

So, of course, I know the program works.

I let up in the last few months and have gained about 9 or 10 lbs. It came back so quickly! I still am "OP"..I have just gotten more lax..more "fuzzy" with the points.

So, I decided that I will start fresh today. However, I am just feeling like 21 points per day is just not enough food! I used 5 bonus points today and was still starving. I ate fruits, veggies, milk..I had a perfect day. But I am just starving.

Help! and thanks.

Post a typical daily menu. Maybe we can give you some suggestions.

I find that things that help me are:

1. Plan, plan, plan
  2. Concentrate on the 8 Good Health Guidelines and on getting in my requirements
  3. Some kind of protein with each meal
  4. Plan in snacks
  5. Bulk up meals with zero point veggies
  6. Use those APs and WPAs when needed

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Good suggestions above - also, try spreading your healthy oil out over the day - so you are getting some morning, noon, and afternoon/evening. It could be that your body is asking for more water, more protein, or fat.

I totally sympathize with you on the 21 points - I am 5' 2" and over 65 - and I have depended very heavily on the zero point vegetables to keep me OP. I have been on CORE now for two weeks, but before that my daily points ranged from 18 - 23 or 24.

Have you thought of trying CORE?

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

Guest BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly

for sure follow 8HG! get plenty of fiber and water!! you are doing great!

Thanks everyone for the tips...this site is awesome! I really appreciate all of your feedback. Needed a little pep talk. Good luck to everyone!

Try adding whole grains to each meal. They really keep me satisfied, are super healthy, full of fiber, and fill me up so I don't eat other junk. Good luck finding what fits best for you!

Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

Tracy- congrats on the lifetime status.

I am a food grazer. I like to eat all day. So I have a bunch of zero point foods around. I always start with a glass of water. I have a big divided container that has eight compartments. I try to keep it full of baby carrots, cucumbers, little tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, unsweetened pickles, etc.

I also try to stop and reevaluate when I think I am starving. So many times I am just bored. Before I allow myself to graze I make myself do something else. for instance, I may clean all the mirrors in the house, the I can eat. Or I put a load of clothes in the wash, then I eat. Sweep the sidewalk, then I can eat. Often I find the "hunger" is gone. Bonus is that my house is very very clean and I get in more activity.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

Hi Lisa,

You are so right on about the boredom factor! I am a stay at home mom and tend to be in alot. Eating has turned into my way to get through the day it seems. My house could definitely be cleaner and the laundry always needs to be done! Thanks for writing. Good luck to you..looks like you are on a great losing streak!

Tracy

I find that if I get hungry I try to drink some water. Many times this suppresses my hunger and saves me the points. Don't forget about the WPA and also earning activity points.

Laura Elizabeth

Born May 7th 2005

A miracle blessing indeed.

WPA Is your weekly points allowance- the "extra" 35 points you get on flex or core (for non core food). Use them if you want, or not to enhance your WL. Some people use every one of them, some use a few of them every day, some don't use them at all.

Hmmm...I always called them "bonus points"! I use 5 each day. It helps to keep me more consistent I think.

Tracy