Health Discovery Network
jadeturtle

Chicken & Artichoke Hearts

Needing to use up a large jar of marinated artichoke hearts, I decided to make a variation of a Chicken Provencal recipe I like. It was so good! Next time I'll saute some large shrimp along with the onions & garlic....

Chicken & Artichoke Hearts

Servings 4

Points 6

Ingredients

For chicken:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 lbs....points here figured for 1 lb., so if you use more, adjust points accordingly)

1/4 cup all-purpose flour (it doesn't even take half the flour....could be left off if you want to but it does help the chicken brown nicely)

about 1/4 teasp. seasoning salt

freshly ground pepper to taste

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

For Sauce:

1 medium onion, medium chop

3 cloves minced garlic

1/2 cup reduced-sodium, non-fat chicken broth

1/4 cup white wine (if you don't like wine, can replace w/equal quantity chicken broth)

about 14 oz. marinated artichoke hearts w/liquid

2 tablespoons sliced black olives

Preparation

Trim visible fat from chicken breasts. Remove the tenders (the long thin flaps) and reserve for another use. Place trimmed chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap (I just use a ziploc bag) and pound until flattened to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch. Combine flour, salt & pepper in a shallow glass dish. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off excess. Discard remaining flour.

Heat oil in large, nonstick stillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned and no longer pink in center, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate, cover, and keep warm.

Add onion and garlic to the same skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, for about 1 minute. Add broth, wine, and artichoke hearts and bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly thickened, about 6 minutes. Return chicken and juices to pan, reduce heat to low, and heat through. I sprinkled a little additional wine over it just before serving. Spoon sauce over chicken before serving.

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton

Guest tarnishedhalo

gonna have to put this on the menu for latter this week sounds yummy i might want to add some red bell pepers;) Thx