Health Discovery Network
chubnomore

Hostess 100 calorie cupcakes

Haw anyone tried the Hostess 100 calorie cupcakes? According to the nutrional guide on their website, the Chocolate and Carrot Cake Cupcakes are only 1 point per package of 3. And the Yellow cake is 2 points for a package of 3. I was wondering if they tasted good and what size they were.

Meg

HW 6/07-290

SW - 260

7/09 - 167

CW - 203

Goal - 180

weight.png

I bought them, along with the 100 calorie blueberry streusel muffins.

They're small - easy to eat each one of the three in the pack in one big-ish bite. I try to eat each one in two bites - makes it last longer, and seems more satisfying.

The one thing I don't like - the "frosting" stays really...moist, almost slimy. The cake is denser than the real ones, as well. The filling is nearly non-existent.

When I was at the store last week, I looked at the "real" cupcakes - one cake is ~170 calories. So I decided I'd rather deal with the 100 calorie packs instead. But I do reserve the option to buy the real ones once in awhile - they're definitely better. :)

For the muffins - put them in the microwave for 10 seconds, and it moistens them right up (they're a little dry on their own).

Sandi

SW: 217

CW: 207.8

The 10% Exercise/5% Inches Challenge: Join Us!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1518568#post1518568

Guest tanya324

ive tried most of those - they are small but sometimes just enough to curb that sweet tooth craving!!

I love these when I crave choc which is almost daily.

I keep them in the fridge, I think they taste better.

They are only 1 point a package due to the fiber content, a real points bargain as far as I'm concerned!

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

They have a banana coffee cake one too that is pretty good. Not quite enough on it's own, but sometimes I will eat for breakfast with a 1 pt ww yogurt.

Be warned they are quite small!

Starting weight 175.6

wwg- 137, made goal 5/30/08

Current weight 166.2

Haw anyone tried the Hostess 100 calorie cupcakes? According to the nutrional guide on their website, the Chocolate and Carrot Cake Cupcakes are only 1 point per package of 3. And the Yellow cake is 2 points for a package of 3. I was wondering if they tasted good and what size they were.

I think they are terrible, here is something that i LOVE and they only cost

2 points, what a bargain and they are a nice size too!

SKCV101_B.jpgServing Size: SandwichCalories140Calories from Fat15Total Fat2gTotal Fat Percentage2%Saturated Fat1gSaturated Fat Percentage5%Cholesterol 1mgCholesterol Percentage2%Sodium95mgSodium Percentage4%Total Carbohydrates30gTotal Carbohydrates Percentage10%Sugars15gProtein4gCalcium8%Dietary Fiber3gVitamin A6%

3 grams of fiber!!! These things are the best, I eat one almost every night, the best 2 points of the day. Enjoy! :salut

- Ron :salut

MO #131

weight.png

10 Percent Goal met 6/14/2008 2i1h3lv.gif2i1h3lv.gif2i1h3lv.gif2i1h3lv.gif2i1h3lv.gif

GO PHILLIES!!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you use online WW tools, one package of those little chocolate 100 cal muffins is only 1 point. But if you have 2 pkgs in one day (like 1 pkg for dessert at lunch and then another pkg for dessert for supper) - the points for 2 pkgs is 3.5 points!!!! That would mean that each pkg is really 1.75 right and I thought WW rounded up?! I don't know but it makes me really reconsider if I want these or not. They help me when I need that chocolate fix though.

Emily

SW: 208.6

CW: 181.0 :strong:

GW:150

weight.png

The chocolate ones are okay in a pinch, but certainly not my favorites. However, I do really like the coffee cakes. Like someone said, I often have them for breakfast, along with yogurt and some fruit.

Also, ditto to whoever it was that said the icing on the chocolate was a little slimy...

If I want a chocolate fix, I chunk down the extra change for the WW chocolate caramel or dark chocolate raspberry bars you can get at meetings... still 1 point, still small, but better tasting! (And don't forget the peanut butter bliss!! Yum!!!)

~Ang

I won't buy these again. I got them as a treat for my kids and myself when at target. Thank goodness there were only 6 packets in the box. My kids each had one and they liked them but complained they were too small. Then when they went to bed I ate the last 2 packages (I had saved points for them). Very tasty but very unsatisfying. I would rather have a skinny cow ice cream. More bang for the points.

I

think they are terrible, here is something that i LOVE and they only cost

2 points, what a bargain and they are a nice size too!

SKCV101_B.jpg

Oh, I have to agree. These are so good, and satisfying. DH bought me a case at Costco. I don't even look longingly at the case of chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches he bought for himself!:bcb_happy

SW and HW-198

CW-192.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love Skinny Cow's they are sooo good! I also like to get Edy's Slow Churned Low Fat ice cream. You can have a scoop for 2 pts. and it tastes just as good as regular ice cream.

Beth

weight.png

These are FAVES of mine! I love chocolate too much to give it up completely, so I have 3 little chocolate cupcakes with a glass of milk for a 3 pt snack before bedtime. YUMMMMMMMM!

Julie

Wife to Terry, Mom to Zac (8/00) and Lillie (10/02) and seven very spoiled, rescued cats!

weight.png

I like the 100 calorie cupcakes for a quick sweet treat every so often. I also like the skinny cows, but I love the Klondike Slim a Bears!

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Unfortunately they are a red light food for me. Very small making me wanting another pack.....I have to keep them out of my kitchen bcb_sad

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again