Health Discovery Network
Medb48

~~Back To Basics ~~- 4/21-4/25

I'm gone 7 weeks and I can't find our Back to Basics Threads.

As some of you might know, I went in for spinal surgery at the end of February and I'm still recouping. The good news is that I'm still OP and lost 10 pounds. I'm 6 pounds from my WW goal and I know this will be the long haul.

So where are Clara, Soph, Amy and Laurie? I'm going to need some help if I'm ever going to finish this journey.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Guest maureenmac

Hi there, glad that you're back! sounds like your doing great, post surgury and all, not far from goal at all :bcb_up

Its been a long time since I've notice the back to basics thread here, I would occasionally come read and post....but I wondered what happened to it too.

Maybe now that your back it will start up again :bcb_smile

Back to Basics seems to have fizzled out. It went on for a while after Laurie left, but then all at once I noticed it gone. I've been struggling so much myself, that I've mostly just been reading posts.

But, I'm glad that I've made a couple changes that I'm hoping will result in the scale moving in the right direction. Here I am, three weeks away from a Las Vegas trip, and all those spring clothes out there that I don't want to buy because I don't like the way they look on me. I am trying to come to grips with the fact that "doing as I've always done is giving me the same results". For way too long.

Also, I finally sat down and multiplied the $12 I spend each week at WI times 52 weeks. Yikes! Paying it out once a week I can ignore the total. Seeing it on paper finally really makes me want to make lifetime once and for all.

I have continued going even though I've only managed to maintain a small loss, because to quit would, in all probability, mean permanent failure. And that is not an option.

Grainne, I'm glad your surgery is behind you and you are well on the road to recovery. Congratulations on the weight loss. A loss like that will be good incentive to continue on after those last 6 lbs. As my leader said a couple weeks ago, try for 3 good weeks and you'll see the scale move. And that will buoy you up to go for another......

It's time to try defying gravity!

I think I'll try defying gravity!

Grainne... I am so glad to see you back and doing better. Yes, the thread went away. I felt like I was posting to myself. There didn't seem to be an interest anymore. I will be glad to post if others will join in. I did pm mail you. I don't know what happened to Soph. Laurie was taking a break. Congrats. on the 10 pound weight loss.

Clara

Non-smoker since 11-15-01

WW goal..... 120

Personal Goal... 110

CW.... 106.5... 04/01/21

Guest maureenmac

I have had a really good week....well it is only thursday I guess, but tomorrow is my WI (at home) and I feel good. I am so close, any loss will be good for me.

I've journaled everyday..drank my water, stuck to my points...even started weighing out my evening snack in the afternoon so I wouldn't have to do it when I'm at my worst (nighttime!) and it really seemed to help.

anyway....hope you're having a good week too! Off to watch Grey's anatomy!

moe

After a 1.4 gain last week, I had a 2 lb. loss this week. Yes, I have done better this week, much better, but I also was a bit surprised last week. I didn't really think I deserved that much of a gain. Day to day fluctuations are maybe at play. I'm hoping I wasn't just a bit dehydrated Thursday to account for 2 lbs. I am going to try to just look at the overall trend of the scale, up or down, rather than focus too much on one week's failure, or success.

At least I can say that at this point I seem to have back a little more of my drive at the program than I have had in a very long time. Now to work on that water thing...my downfall.

Have a good weekend, all.

It's time to try defying gravity!

I think I'll try defying gravity!

I’m back and pumped. I’ve made some changes. I’m trying CORE for the first time and I think it’s making a big difference. I’ve always been fearful of trying it since portion control is one of my problems. But I thought the best way to overcome your fears is to face them head on. The timing was perfect since I just came off semi-solid foods and really had a chance to watch how I eat. I lost .5 this week and I’m thrilled. Only 5 more to go.

One little trick I’m using is putting the fork down between bits. I’ve realized I’m a speed eater. Slowing down gives my stomach time to know when it’s full. Last night I even gave Garry the rest of my chicken because I felt full. I’m also drinking more water than ever to flush out those meds. That also gives me a bit more “full” feeling.

I will be at goal by summer.!!!

Maureen: I need this wake-up call since I know that the last 5 pounds for me are the hardest to lose. I hope you had a good WI.

Susiekew: Water is a big key to everything. We think we’re hungry but we’re really dehydrated. It also flushes the system. Weight gain is a total mystery to me when I know I’m OP. I tested the theory a few months ago and weighed myself 5 times one day. I found that I gained .5 after drinking coffee in the morning. During the day my weight fluctuated over 1 full pound. No rhyme or reason.

I say take the loss and run with it. It makes your week sweeter.

Clara, my friend: Glad you’re still here. Soph tends to drift in and out….Ahhhhhh the joys of youth! She has such an active life.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Good afternoon to everyone. I have been at my personal goal for awhile now, but it is still a fight to stay there. I always had an easy time loseing the weight and a harder time maintaining. After all this time, I do know how to do it. Sometimes I just tend to not care. Then I get on that scale or try and fasten a pair of jeans and of course, I do care. I guess that's why I am a Weight Watcher, making lifetime in 82 or 84. Can't remember when. Oh and I also quit smoking in that time. Guess I have a lot to be thankful for. BCB has been a tremendous help in my struggles.

We can all do it if we stay focused and positive,

Clara

Non-smoker since 11-15-01

WW goal..... 120

Personal Goal... 110

CW.... 106.5... 04/01/21

Guest maureenmac

I am very happy to say that my scale was down a lb this week, so that brings me to 141. Thing is, I have been there before, just up and down a few from week to week. I "have" to keep it down this time, I know what I have to do, its just to do it...especailly on a weekend!

Grannie - good for you trying core, I have been thinking about it more and more. My big thing also, is the portion control. If I had control, I wouldn't be here right? lol But, I know it works, most people on it love it. Hmmmm....

SuzieKew - good loss!! :bcb_up

Clara - thats great, you do have lots to be thankful for, a lot of people tend to gain when they quit smoking. And you did both at once! wow

:bcb_bravo

Tomorrow night we are having a potluck here at my house for my dh's cycling club. I will have to be VERY good to keep this 141 where it is. lol Wish me luck!

moe