Health Discovery Network
becky1973

Water...

Just wondering how everyone gets their water in each day. The healthy 8's say 6 glasses, and some can be other liquids. I am aiming for 8 a day (250ml), and wonder if you folks count sparkling water, flavoured water as 'water' or only plain water as water! Does that make sense???

I struggle with the water...I don't really enjoy it so need to find ways to make it a lifestyle change not a 'diet' thing.

TIA

Guest Christen83

I try to drink 3L a day (well beyond the H8 guidelines). I have a diet coke in the morning and just refill that bottle (20oz) 5 times throughout the day and then I usually get another 40oz in at the gym.

I have a rather boring desk job so the constant drinking helps to keep me from boredom eating.

I just have to make myself do it. But, I will not give myself any other drink that I like (especially diet coke) till I finish all my water. Works for me.

I drink between 96-128 ounces every day. AND-I start EARLY in the day-bringing a bottle down with me when I work out at 6 ish, and getting 32 ounces of that in by the time I finish-or at least by the time I finish my post-work out shower. Then I just keep going till it's done.

BMB

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

I have been counting plain water only as my water intake. It is a lot of water, but I start first thing in the morning and sip it throughout the day. Especially if I am feeling hungry, I take a big drink of water and wait a few minutes to see if I am actually hungry or just thirsty. Most of the time I find I was thirsty, somehow hunger and thirst feel the same to me. Not sure if anyone else finds that to be true. I do find though that I am frequenting the toilet a lot and hope that settles down as my body gets used to all this water!!!!

Proud Mom to Mckenzie born July 26/06

Now ready to shed these baby pounds!

Joined WW April 15, 2008

weight.png

Okay okay I know the rules are 1/2 your water has to be PLAIN :bcb_blush but... I have a 32 oz water bottle at work that I fill up right when I arrive and add a packet of raspberry crystal light on the go. I work my way through that during the day (w/the flavor it doesn't taste bad warm either) - at lunch I'll have a diet soda which I almost never finish - I allow myself to take the soda home at the end of the day to drink in the car - but the water has to be finished before I leave. If I'm really thirsty I'll have another 1/2 bottle.

At home I have a big water cooler and my water bottle holds 2 servings - again I use the raspberry crystal light. If I'm thirsty I have more...

During the weekend it's harder - and I might end up counting my milk at dinner as a water (because it can) - but I'd prefer not to, I feel like I'm cheating. bcb_sad

And like Teribug I have to visit the potty constantly! At work it's so far away I think I should get activity points for it! :bcb_grin

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

I used to hate plain water, too.

What I did was dilute the crystal light to half strength and kept diluting, and after awhile I was just drinking water. :bcb_smile

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

I used to "hate" water. It was really hard for me to drink it down but I made myself do it and it is really not so bad. It was in my head - imagine that!! LOL. Anyways, I drink 8 oz before I get in the shower; sometimes I drink 8 oz when I get out. I drink 16 oz on the way to work so that way I have at least three waters in before I actually get here. I then use my bottle at work and drink at least two or three more during the day. I do use my crystal light at work. On the way home I fill up the bottle again with "plain" water and drink that on the way home. It is getting easier as I go. And that last statement - if you really knew me is something - - I was a soda holic!! I hardly every drink soda anymore.

Jamie

------------------------------

SW: 325

CW: 249.4

GW: 150

"I CAN do this, ONE pound at a time."

I drink 16 oz. every morning before I even shower. Then I drink another 16 oz. when I get to work (sometimes spread out over the course of the morning). Another 16 oz. with lunch, and there's my 6 cups for the day. I usually get at least one more 16 oz. cup or bottle in the afternoon, or after dinner (I drink milk with dinner).

At work, the water I drink is plain, but at home, more of the water I drink is Fruit-2-O. It's still 0 calories, 0 caffeine, so I don't worry about it.

My understanding of the 3 c. can be non-water rule is that it applies to anything with calories, which includes Crystal Lite, Juice, decaf soda, etc.

:salut Karen

Mom to 2 girls (Jun. '03 & May '07)

LT Member -- Lost 55 lb. in 2001

HW (12/2000)....182.2

PP (5/2007).......172

Recommit..........164

Current.............160.5 (-3.5)

Goal.................137

Thanks ladies!

I have started grabbing a cold bottle from the fridge on the way to the car...I'm getting better at getting the water in!

Splurging on a home water cooler with good spring water that is ready and cold all the time helped all of my family drink more water.

Drinking through a straw helps me drink more water.

I have a lot of really big glasses that I like. If it's hard to drink out of a bottle or cup, try a glass instead. Or go buy a really nice glass that you like.

I used to, ages ago, drink a lot of soda out of big 44 oz cups. Ordering or filling one of those with water helpedme get over soda. Whatever your drink of choice is, use that receptacle for water instead.

I drink a glass at breakfast, a glass with my midmorning snack, a glass at lunch, a glass with my afternoon snack, a glass at dinner, a glass while working out, and a glass with my night snack (if I have one). If I space it out like that, it seems pretty painless. I'm trying to cut out soda unless we eat out so the only other thing I'm drinking is milk and the occasional decaf iced tea. I could count them, but I don't.

Amy

:crazy:

SW 189.5 *~* CW 183.5 *~* GW 145

I like to put lemon or lime flavoring in my water to make it interesting. I try to avoid artifical sweeteners, so I have pretty much cut out the diet drinks. If find true lemon or true lime (there is also true orange) are all good. It comes in crystal form and you can just add it to plain water. I also like carbonated drinks. There are 2 I have found without any sweetener. One if Faygo brand, the other is Crown brand, which I think you only can buy at Krogers. I guess that make those two a Michigan thing, unless Krogers is in other states. Sorry. There maybe ones you can get in other areas. Anyway, the lack of sweetener takes getting used to but I do like it. :bcb_up

I was getting in the bad habit of drinking just Diet Soda again and just started drinking water again. What has been a great help for me is a water bottle with a straw. For some reason it goes down a lot faster. Also I've drinking the water during my commute to work.

Bela and Chavito's Mommy

:bcb_bigsm (Anna)