Health Discovery Network
Havasubuddie

what medical conditions stopped w/weight loss??? Please list

Hi Everyone,

I would like to hear from all of you youre great sucess stories with losing weight and that made your medical condtions go away too.. for example if you had high blood pressure, high cholestral and all the other conditions....bad knees,feet and hibs...PLEASE POST......

Havasubuddie

SW 124.4 /CW 118 / GW 115

LIFETIME 10-03-07

Joined ww 5-8-07

Where do I begin ??? Yes definitely..........Both my BP and cholesterol are back in the normal ranges. Best of all.........I don't "hurt all the time". My Left knee bothers me occassionally, as does my left hip..............but I know I have a little arthritis there from carrying the extra weight all these years.

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

I was about to have to go on medication to lower my blood pressure - it is one of the main things that made me decide to get my weight under control and NOT gain it back. (I am determined to not take any prescription meds that I don't absolutely have to take.) My blood pressure went down as I lost the weight, and is fine now.

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

My PCOS symptoms all but disappeared and we were able to conceive. Twice!

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

Off Blood Pressure medication

Lowered Cholesterol from 212 to 140-160 range

Plantar Fasciitis gone

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Lowered blood pressure, still on meds but a much lower dosage

Cholesterol back in a healthly range

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Lowered BP

Passed a DOT physical for a 2 year certification

Joints feel better

weight.png

MO PLATOON MEMBER #77

myspace.com/raflomo

Failure Is Only A Fact When You Give Up...Everyone Gets Knocked Down But The Question Is-Will You Get Back Up?

Congrats to all of you that posted and Thank you! I have been trying to encourage my DH and your stories help...:bcb_up

Havasubuddie

LIFETIME 10-03-07

Joined ww 5-8-07

Guest Christen83

Last year my feet were swelling horribly and would hurt so bad, shooting pains up my heal. It seemed to be more of a seasonal thing. My doc said it was plantar faciates (I know I butchered that spelling). I tried to wear better shoes which helped to a point but I still had flair ups.

Well this is the season it was the worst last year and since I've lost weight the problems have pretty much disappeared. I can only think of one flair up and that was when I was starting to run and hadn't invested in the right shoes. Now I'm harder on my feet than ever and I'm not having issues :bcb_up

Lots of lower back and right hip pain -I was on my feet all the time for work-but weighing over 200 pounds compounded that I am sure.

BP and cholesterol have never been a problem-but my good cholesterol was low. Working out more helped get that to a good range.

It's WORTH the work-to feel better in general .

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Guest BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly

eliminated hip pain and off blood pressure meds

Guest neenee4686

I have been diagnosed with "borderline mood disorder" it's very similar to bipolar disorder.

After losing close to 50 lbs, I was taken off my meds.

ALSO--- I sweat a LOT less!!!

I had sleep apnea - means I had to sleep with a mask and a continuous air pressure machine every night - that's gone.

My Dr had put me on BP meds and was threatening to add more - that's gone.

My cholesterol improved vastly.

My triglycerides are normal. They were high.

My Dr told me is was on my way to being diabetic - now my sugar is normal.

I used to have to use a seat belt extender on the airplane - now I have room to spare.

And I FEEL GREAT!!!!:bcb_grin

Carrie

:cool:

Total Lost: -107

I choose life!!!

Sleep apnea gone.

Lowered blood pressure-still on very small dosage of pills but hope to one day go off of them completely.

I have had so many people say that they notice I don't wheeze anymore. I never really noticed that I wheezed so much.

Skin/yeast infections gone (gross, I know, but many people will know what I am talking about)

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

My arthritic ankles hurt a lot less, although in fairness I don't know if its due to the weight loss, or the fact that I'm getting lots more exercise in the last 3 months. Either way though, its great not to have that constant ache when I stand or walk. Lillie

I want to thank everyone for posting and I hope everyone keeps posting. I think this is teriffic.......Everyone benefits from this information...........Thanks again:bcb_bravo

Havasubuddie

LIFETIME 10-03-07

Joined ww 5-8-07

Guest BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly
I had sleep apnea - means I had to sleep with a mask and a continuous air pressure machine every night - that's gone.

My Dr had put me on BP meds and was threatening to add more - that's gone.

My cholesterol improved vastly.

My triglycerides are normal. They were high.

My Dr told me is was on my way to being diabetic - now my sugar is normal.

I used to have to use a seat belt extender on the airplane - now I have room to spare.

And I FEEL GREAT!!!!:bcb_grin

THATS AMAZING!! WAY TO GO!!!!

BP is down.

knees & feet don't hurt as much,

and .....DH says i don't snore anymore !!!!:bcb_grin

"The Bible says "Glorify God in your body" ...therefore, I want to be : Thin4HIM

WILLPOWER = turn Your Will over to HIS POWER !

I Love reading all the sucess stories!! Keep posting so all the readers know that this does work! Congrates to everyone that has posted:bcb_up

Havasubuddie

LIFETIME 10-03-07

Joined ww 5-8-07