Health Discovery Network
chefbna

New Hungrygirl.com book

I just got the new Hungry Girl survival guide. I just love it! It's packed with recipes, tips and other stuff all in Hg's usual cool chick style! You should check it out! there is a preview on her web page www.hungrygirl.com

I am surprised there are not more hungrygirl fans here!! I came here to join in the celebration about this book and I had trouble finding a thread about it. I actually got to look through the whole book today since DS is out sick from school. WOW! It is even better than I had hoped. And the great thing is that I already have a lot of the things on hand that she uses in many of her recipes. I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!! HUNGRYGIRL ROCKS!!!

She has the NI on each recipe. She couldn't list the WW points due to the trademark issue, but you can go to her website for pics of each recipe and the WW Points values are also listed there.

Tonight, I made the Lord of the Onion Rings with the fiber one coating and they are so close to my favorite awesome onion rings from Sonic!!! Thank you hungrygirl!! :bcb_up

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Guest MN Mom

Question... Do her recipes use a lot of artificial sweeteners or prepackaged items that contain artificial sweeteners? I'm trying to cut as much of that out as possible, though I still can't pass up a Diet Coke once in a while!

Thanks.

I got this last week at Walmart and am so in love, but it's no surprise, I Love, love, love Hungry Girl! I wish she could've listed points, but that's the only thing that would make it better. All the extra tips she has in there are wonderful!

-Christina

1st Goal: Size 18

weight.png

What is making you fat? It isn't your schedule or your metabolism or your willpower. Stop making excuses.

-Dr. Phil

I too wish she had listed points. As I look them up on her website, I am going to write them in my book. Neat book.

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

I'm just looking through it right now. Looks great! I love simple recipes like this that taste good.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I went to the website but didn't see where the pictures were located. Does anyone know??

LOVING THE BOOK!!!! I can't put it down. I put post-it tabs on all the stuff I want to try, I think I have over 25 on my list :) I am so excited I bought her book. I love that most things are one serving- this helps for when u live in a house that everyone isn't doing WW. And the one serving desserts are the best. You have to run out and get this book, sign up for her daily newsletter too!

" I'm only this far and only tomorrow leads my way... "

~ Dave Matthews Band - Song 41

Question... Do her recipes use a lot of artificial sweeteners or prepackaged items that contain artificial sweeteners? I'm trying to cut as much of that out as possible, though I still can't pass up a Diet Coke once in a while!

Thanks.

Some of her recipes do use artificial sweeteners, but many do not. She also has a ton of salad ideas with fresh ingredients plus chicken, shrimp or beef.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Guest MN Mom
Some of her recipes do use artificial sweeteners, but many do not. She also has a ton of salad ideas with fresh ingredients plus chicken, shrimp or beef.

Thanks for answering my question! I'll have to go check this out. It sounds interesting.

Guest okiekristi79

I LOVE Hungry Girl but haven't checked out any of her cookbooks. I LOVE trying new recipes...actually, I've tried 3 from this website that me and my fiance have loved and will definately make again!

I picked up the book on Friday nite and I just love it. I get her daily emails and the recipes are great and not hard to follow at all. The only negative thing about the book is I have to go online and look up all the point values and write in the book. Kinda takes away that hungry girl look but hey it’s worth it.

Can't wait to make the breakfast pizza for my kids this weekend. I want to see the look on there faces when I tell them its healthy and good for them.

:bcbkickbuTwDiva:bcbkickbu

"If you don't want to change then do nothing"

Welcome to the group MaryAnn.

:bcbkickbuTwDiva:bcbkickbu

"If you don't want to change then do nothing"

I got the book while I was on my navy contract and I couldn't wait till I was home so I could make some of the stuff! The book is great!

weight.png

SW: 148.5

CW: 128.6

GW: 120

Just ordered it on Walmart.com. It was the least expensive site. $12.13 including tax and shipping, and should arrive in 3-5 days.

Guest mochalattekona

costco has it for 9.39

I got the cookbook too and I like it, but I have my reservations. It's very cute marketing, but some of the recipes aren't that great - now matter how delicious they sound. Like the pumpkin crunchers were a let down. Mine were not crunchy bc by the time they froze, the Fiber One was soggy. Realistically, her recipes don't always taste like "normal food," which means I can't get DH to eat it. That goes for the PB Fudge. But some recipes are pretty good & he will eat it - like the onion rings. I don't like having to cook separate meals for the one meal we eat together, so I'd much prefer he like them. I signed up for her newsletter, though, and have gotten a couple good recipes from there. We're going to try a few more HG recipes in the next week.

MN Mom - Quite a few of her recipes use processed foods, including artificial sweeteners.

carored - You have to got to the separate book site - not the regular HG site. There's a link to the book site on the regular HG site, though.

jendear75

Returned Lifetime member

:bcb_tank:

http://2011istheyear.wordpress.com/

I love her book also! She rocks!

Katrisha R.

Rejoined WW 9/04/07 :salut

SW-146:bcb_cry:

WWG-128 12/7/07

Lifetime 121.2 1/17/08:bcb_LOL:

CW-116.2:bcb_smile

PGW Range 114-116

Hi Everyone,

I'm alittle disappointed in HungryGirl Cookbook, not sure why. Maybe, I expected a cookbook format. I love her website and the BITE IT. Such an eye opener for things to eat that are so popular.:bcb_salut

NOTHING TASTE AS GOOD AS OP FEELS!!!!!!!

SHARON :exercise2

SW = 158

CW= 154.8 5/30/08

GW= 150

Hi everyone! I too am a huge HG fan, and am loving the book. I have tried and recommend the BBQ Chicken wraps (although I made mine with a very low-points wrap - http://www.flatoutbread.com/movie.html - and marinated the chicken first in BBQ spices), the Turkey Ruben (yumm!!), and the onion rings.

I even went to her book signing, and had so much gossiping with everyone about which recipes were hits. I haven't tried the tofu noodles yet, but want to so I can have pad-thai (a much missed favorite of mine!). Hooray for Hungry Girl! :)

:bcb_grin

SW: 155

CW: 154.7

GW: 130

"Failures do what is tension-relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."

Guest mom2twingems

I tried the Hungry girl pepperoni pizza and OMG it is pretty good. I love pizza and have not found a satisfying replacement and I am making 4 tonight for pizza night.

I also tried the onion rings..............just like the real thing...without the guilt