Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Uniey76

My Fav Rice/Bean Bowl Recipe

This is a weekly staple for me. Super quick and easy!!

Put the following in a microwave safe bowl in this order:

3/4 cup brown rice

1/2 ff refried beans

1 Tbsp salsa

1/8 cup ff shredded cheese

-Microwave 25-30 seconds ** this time is assuming you are using warm beans & rice. If not microwave longer**

Now add cold toppings.

shredded lettuce

black olives

jalepenos

1 Tbsp ff sour cream

1 Tbsp salsa

1/8 cup ff shedded cheese

splash of hot sauce

dust with chili powder

And Eat!

Cold toppings are to your liking, You can change, add, remove things to suit your preference. Enjoy.

~Nicole

SW:156.4

CW: 141.2

WW goal: 137 / My goal: 134

There are so many ways to fail but only one way to succeed; NEVER GIVE UP! by Johni Pangalila

~Check out my AVON website: www.youravon.com/ninzerill !!

I'm assuming this is cooked rice?

Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

Definitely cook the rice first, it doesn't cook if it's all together. You get a crappy crunchy crust instead of rice! LOL

Nic - I had this tonight since I got home from the gym late (actually I'm still eating it now) and I didn't feel like cooking. I got avocados on the way home and made core guacamole instead of using salsa. OMG this is the best thing ever. DUH-LISH!!!!

I'm definitely making this a weekly staple for me too!!! :bcb_up

[/url]

I do a very similar thing but add chicken to it. It is awesome and without all the extra toppings if you are doing flex...it is only 6 pts for the rice, beans, chicken , and a light cheese. Very filling.

Starting weight 175.6

wwg- 137, made goal 5/30/08

Current weight 166.2

I actually wanted to add a layer of ground turkey to it (browned in taco sauce), but apparently I need to stop storing my turkey in storage bags in the fridge because in less than a week it went bad. I have no clue when it comes to stuff like how long raw meat should last, but that seems awfully quick to me. :bcb_cry:

[/url]

Fresh meat should be refrigerated for up to 3 days, then frozen until required.

The safest way to deforst meat is in the fridge, taking care that none of the 'juices' drip onto other food.

HTH

Ah that DOES help, thanks! I opened the package on Friday so by Tuesday I shouldn't be surprised that it was bad. What I really need to do is stop being so lazy when I come home from shopping and seperate the meat into serving sizes to freeze individually before I put anything away. But not being lazy... that's the hurdle! :bcb_bigsm

[/url]

Vaccuum sealers rock. I seperate meat/poultry into 1 or 2 servings per bag, seal and freeze. Or at the very least, wrap individual servings in saran wrap, and then put it in a freezer bag, in FREEZER. Then you can defrost 1 serving at a time. Personally, I will only keep meat/poultry in frig for 3 days without cooking it.

~Nicole

SW:156.4

CW: 141.2

WW goal: 137 / My goal: 134

There are so many ways to fail but only one way to succeed; NEVER GIVE UP! by Johni Pangalila

~Check out my AVON website: www.youravon.com/ninzerill !!