Health Discovery Network
AmyGirl

WW Max of 44 Points: What does it include?

I just posted about whether or not I should still be taking nursing points, but I forgot my other issue: When I follow the WW point formula, I come out with 46 points/day. But they say that 44 is the max anyone should have, so that is my number. NOW, can I still use my weekly 35, or no because I'm at the max? Also wondering about activity points. Can I go over 44 if I use my activity points?

These may sound like silly questions, but my weight loss has *stopped* and I'm wondering if I'm eating more than I should be. Thanks!

The 44 is your Target Points. You still get Activity Points and the WPA on top of that. And if you feel you need more to support your nursing, you can have that too. The nursing guideline is just that --- your baby comes first.

Often, if anything, people whose weight loss has stalled aren't eating enough.

Make sure you are getting your healthy 8s, including the oils.

Has your weight loss really stalled? Or has it just slowed? Slower weight loss is normal on WW after a while. WW is designed for .5 - 2 lb. per week of weight loss, somewhat less for nursing moms.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Yes, you still get your WPAs and APs. When I was nursing, I got 42 points (before they switched the formula) and I really struggled to eat that much. My son was exclusively breast feeding at the time, and while I was losing, it was at a slow, slow pace. I switched to Core so I could be more in control, since I felt like I was stuffing myself to get all those points in! Core has worked beautifully for me.

I saw on your other thread that your daughter is 14 months and eating other foods. You're not her sole source of nutrition anymore, so perhaps you should try using less nursing points? She's likely not drinking as much breastmilk as she was when you were nursing exclusively, right? Ask your leader about that. My leader said to deduct 2 points for every nursing I cut out, but I never saw that in materials and switched to Core before trying it.

Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!