Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
sfauci2

Beef-and-Zucchini Dish 7 points

I found this on the Cooking Light website, and made it tonight. It was pretty good. DH didn't complain, and I made baked zucchini sticks with the left over zucchini. I used Kraft free cheese, and one 15 oz can of tomatoe sauce instead of two 8 oz.'s. Also brown rice is always better then white. I'm not sure which type of rice the recipe is calculated for, but I charged myself 7 points for the serving size suggested. :bcb_bigsm

Charlie's Beef-and-Zucchini Dish

1 pound extra-lean ground beef

Cooking spray

3 cups diced zucchini (about 3 small)

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning

2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided

2 1/2 cups hot cooked rice

Preparation

Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain well.

Wipe pan with paper towel. Coat with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add beef, seasoning, and sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add 2/3 cup cheese; stir until cheese melts. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.

Yield

5 servings (serving size: 1 cup beef mixture, 1/2 cup rice, and about 1 tablespoon cheese)

Nutritional Information

CALORIES 355(26% from fat); FAT 10.3g (sat 4.6g,mono 3.6g,poly 0.5g); PROTEIN 30.3g; CHOLESTEROL 71mg; CALCIUM 250mg; SODIUM 759mg; FIBER 2.4g; IRON 4.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 35.2g

Spring :salut

start date 3/3/08

weight.png

weight.png

Yummy!!!

I will be making this soon!

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0