* Exported from MasterCook *

Skillet Chicken Paprikash

Recipe By : More Healthy Homestyle Cooking by Evelyn Tribole

Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1 small onion -- chopped

2 packages frozen cooked, cubed chicken breast -- (9 ounces each)

1 cup fat-free sour cream (without gelatin) -- (8 ounces)

1 tablespoon paprika *

1/2 teaspoon salt

Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until heated through. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to medium.

In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, paprika, and salt. Stir into the chicken mixture. Cover and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until heated through, taking care not to let the mixture boil. Serve immediately.

Makes 4 servings.

* The author strongly recommends Sweet Hungarian paprika for this dish, which is available in tins at most grocery stores in the spice aisle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Per serving, per recipe:

254 Calories; 6 g. Fat; 1 g. Fiber; 84 mg. Cholesterol

5 POINTS

M.C. formatted by Dina (mdkbweiss@erols.com) on 11/11/00.

Guest 00keath

Yum! I served this with orzo and a spinach salad, outta sight!

00keath

00keath,

So glad that you liked the recipe!

I think that next time I will make it with LIGHT sour cream instead of the non-fat sour cream. I think it would be worth the extra point.

Thanks for the feedback!

Take care,

Dina

Guest 00keath

I have to tell you, the leftovers were even better! I heated my lunch at work and a couple of co-workers came in to see what smelled so good. They tasted it and HAD to have the recipe. I've forwarded to several friends.

Yes, I was thinking about the low-fat sour cream too, don't know if it will make a big difference but we'll see. I already have the ingredients on hand to make it again.

You are truly wonderful to spend so much time posting these recipes, thank you!

00keath

Guest 00keath

Dina,

Just wanted to let you know that tonight I made this dish again (it's one of my regulars now) but used curry instead of paprika. I only used a little over 1 tsp and I used lite sour cream (it is worth increasing the points value). Verrrry delicious! I served it with jasmine rice and a spinach/mandarin orange salad.

I can't wait to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow at work!

Thanks again for a great recipe!

00keath

Wow! This was great! Better than great. So delicious. Even my 2 and 4 year olds ate it - and loved it! DH loved it, I loved it. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Not only does it taste terrific, it's so easy. My two favorite things! Oh, and being low in points is just an added bonus!

Thank you Dina. I so apprecaite all of your recipes - okay the ones I've tried. wink.gif I know I'll appreciate all the others as soon as I get around to trying them.

Junglejoy

This was GREAT!!! My whole family loved it. DH kept picking at the leftovers. I have one serving left and can't wait to have it again. This will become one of our regulars. I served it with yellow jasmine rice and steamed zucchini and winter squash. DH commented on all the color on his plate!!

------------------

Penny

177.4/159.6 (-17.8)/160.4 (10%)/150 (WW)/145 (personal) (Lifer getting it together again)

The gift of God is eternal life. Romans 6:23

www.picturetrail.com/pendan

Penny<br />178.0 (SW)/173.8(CW)/160.2 (10%)/150 (GW) Total loss: -4.2

LOVED IT! I made it with curry. DH said it was a "good find". In our 3 years of marriage, he's only said that about 2 other recipies. Can't thank you enough for sharing!

I made this with cottage cheese. Another thumbs up here!

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

Cheetara, thanks for pulling up these old recipes. They're great! :bcb_bigsm

I can't wait to try this and Cordy's Core Carrot cake.

Hoppy

Lifetime - 02/22/08

I will not weigh more tomorrow morning than I did this morning! ~Colleen

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com - please click daily 16_2_104.gif

I made this last night and it was a hit (and so easy!!). Served it with WW cous cous and spaghetti squash. The sauce is so good! Thanks!

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

I am happy to resurrect this recipe. I just made this and it was delicious. It was so easy to make too. I was unable to find the Sweet Hungarian Paprika, so I used smoked paprika. I would definitely recommend this!

Mary