Health Discovery Network
smith13

Quick breakfast ideas??

I am NOT a morning person and I have a tendency to work day shift. From bed to time-clock I got it to 30 minutes....with 10 minute drive. My first break is not until 3-4 hours into the shift so I need to grab something....

What are some of you grab-n-go breakfast ideas??

weight.png

Guest Christen83

I'm the same way. I keep boiled eggs in the fridge to cover morning protein, take my multi w/ a cup of skim milk and eat a banana. Quick grab and go breakfast. Fruit smoothies (yogurt, banana, strawberry or other frozen fruit) are also a good option and no peels or shells to worry about in the car, but they don't stick w/ me as long..

I buy whats called "Alternative Bagels".

They are 1 point for the bagel.

While I'm getting ready for work in the am, I throw 1 in the toaster. After it's done toasting, I take a piece of FF American cheese (1pt) and put it between the slices, then I put it in a plastic baggie.

By the time I get to work, the bagel is soft and the cheese is melted. A portable, quick, 2pt breakfast.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Set out a frozen vitamuffin (1pt) the night before in a bag with a banana (2pts) and grab on your way out the door - eat in car or as soon as you get to work

Make peanut butter and jelly sandwich night before and eat on the way in (as you have 3-4 hours till first break sounds like you might need something a little heartier than the banana and muffin idea)

60 lbs Gone! :bcb_grin (10/13/07)

SW 281.2 / CW 220.8 / Goal 159 (10/13/07)

Part II SW 277.2 / CW 267.2 / Goal 169 10lbs gone!

There are some decent protein bars out there. I like the Kashi protein bars. I wouldn't recommend doing that every day but it could come in handy sometimes.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

My favorite on the go breakfast is a 1 pt ww flat out, spread with 2 pts of PB and small banana rolled up inside, yummy and a great 4 pt portable breakfast!

weight.png

I eat one of these every morning with a peice of fruit.

Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins-2pts

Ingredients

1 cup old fashion rolled oats (not instant)

1 cup non-fat milk

1 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

2 egg whites

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. sugar

raisins or nuts (optional)

Directions

Soak the oats in milk for about one hour.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.

Combine the oat mixture with the applesauce and egg whites, and mix until combined.

In a separate bowl measure and whisk the dry ingredients together.

Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. Add nuts or raisins if desired.

Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough. Spoon muffin mixture into muffin pan.

Combine the cinnamon and sugar and top each muffin with some of the mixture.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.

Remove from pan, cool and enjoy.

These can be frozen and reheated in the microwave for a quick breakfast.

Number of Servings: 12

I think the applesauce muffins are a great idea. Just a thought they now have on the market Fiber one muffins (you bake them) 2 points. they are yummy and have a lot of fiber... or i like the fiber one bars..quick and easy.....

Havasubuddie

SW 124.4 /CW 118 / GW 115

LIFETIME 10-03-07

Joined ww 5-8-07

I love the Southaven Farm muffins because they are all whole grain and delicious (you can look at their baking mixes at http://www.southavenfarm.com.) I bake up a bunch of different batches on the weekends and then wrap them individually and freeze. When I need a grab-and-go breakfast, I just take a muffin (it will defrost in the car!) with a small carton of cottage cheese or yogurt and I have a really good, healthy, filling breakfast.

These all sound like pretty good ideas, but... um... is there a way to just get up 30 minutes earlier so that you can have a healthy and balanced breakfast? Even 15 minutes may be enough time to pop a piece of whole wheat bread in the toaster and open a pack of cinnamon applesauce (no sugar added!) and pour yourself a small glass of milk.

Of course, I should probably take my own advice and get up 30 minutes earlier to get in a little exercise in the morning! I guess mornings can be a struggle for a lot of us!

:bcb_LOL: Pugdad Michael :bcb_LOL:

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!

MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194025

I also make up a batch or 2 of muffins on the weekend, and freeze them into individual portions.

I eat 1 or 2 muffins and a smoothie almost every morning. I used to really skimp on points in the morning, but now I find that if I use up a few more points at breakfast, I'm more satisfied and less food obsessed later in the day.

I'm going to try the Apple Sauce muffins this weekend.

Here is my favorite breakfast muffin recipe. It is core, and quite dense for a muffin, but more filling. If you make 24 muffins, they're 2 points each.

Banana Muffins

3 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned)

1 1/2 cup Cream of Wheat (dry-3 min)

1 cup apple sauce

2 cup skim milk

4 mashed, ripe bananas

1 or 2 tsp vanilla

3 tsp baking powder

2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 cup splenda

Mix dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry mixture, and stir until combined. Spoon into muffin pans, and bake at 350 for approx 20 minutes. Makes 24 muffins, 2 points each.

SW and HW-198

CW-192.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like:

A WW bagel spread with laughing cow cheese - total 3 points

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

Guest joan1959

One light english muffin with one Jimmy Dean's turkey sausage patty and a small banana

3 pts

I eat this almost every morning!

Those individual packages of applesauce are only about 1 point apiece. I also like to have soup for breakfast. I know it's not traditionally a breakfast food, but there are a lot of low point soups out there and they are very filling. It can also be a good way to get vegetables in.

Guest starbrite

wow i have had the same problem for as long as i can remember, my mother gave up on giving me breakfast. just joining ww now, am i trying to add it into my routine.

1.grilled cheese sandwich. spray pam on one side of each bread slice. put a cheese slice in the middle , pop it in the toaster oven, with the pam sides facing out. should be done in 5 mins while you are getting ready.

this can be 3 points - 1 point for healthy choice (two ) bread slices, 1 point for kraft ff cheese slice, and 1 point for pam (thats a guesstimate on pam)

2. the bagel is another good idea, that someone mentioned below.

3. meal replacement shakes , bars like slimfast, special k

4. if its possible, you can try to eat at work while working. like, maybe, have 2 fruits, precut in a container, with a fork while working. and then a small yogurt with granola sprinkled.

by the time lunch rolls around, you have 2 servings of fruit and 1 serving of daily in.

5. there is also a little gadget ive seen at grocery stores. you pour in the egg batter, and close it, and put a timer, and in 5-7 mins the eg is fully cooked into an omelet. i'm not sure on the name though.

anything microwaveable is also a good idea. like special k waffles, maybe try to find a healthy recipe on "lean pockets" online . freeze them and then reheat whenever you are going to work