Health Discovery Network
DestinedToSucceed

Chick-Fil-A -- grrrrrrr

About a month ago I "discovered" their chicken salad sandwich. Now while on the skinny side, and at 7 points which I could live with, it was a nice alternative to the chargrilled sandwich - which I was getting tired of.

Well, they decided to fix what wasn't broke and changed a few things - one of which was the chicken salad, of course. Now it weighs in at a hefty 11 points!! The same points as 4 chicken strips! :bcb_mad2:bcb_mad2

I guess it's back to the boring old 5 point chargrilled sandwich for me. :bcb_cry:

~Kristi~

I wonder whether they tweaked it or whether they realized the n.i. was wrong...could be they switched to "real" mayo instead of lowfat or something (a la Subway). Either way, that's too bad. I like some of Chik-fil-A's food, including their nuggets - which are real pieces of chicken (not low point, but worth an occasional splurge...)

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

Why don't you try one of their Salads.. I love them :)

Jodee SW: 223 CW: 177 PW:178.5 GW:??

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have never been to a Chick-Fil-A.

It is a goal to go there before I die. Seriously. I know lots of people from the south and they all love it!! They don't have any here in MN.. or anywhere around MN for all I know.

Emily

Start date: 12/4/07

weight.png

Well, they decided to fix what wasn't broke and changed a few things - one of which was the chicken salad, of course. Now it weighs in at a hefty 11 points!! The same points as 4 chicken strips! :bcb_mad2:bcb_mad2

I just hate when that happens! Sorry they changed it on you.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Thanks, Janice, me too!

Thank you for the link, Rose. I wasn't going to contact them because I figured that even with me complaining they won't bother to change it back. However I decided to be a squeaky wheel, maybe I won't be the only one.

Calgal -- nope, they changed the bread. It used to be a thin white bread and now it's a real thick wheatberry bread that they say they make themselves at the store daily.

Marie -- I did take a look at their new salad and I'll bet it's pretty tasty so I think I'll give it a try next visit. It's a lettuce and assorted veggies with chargrilled chicken strips, cheese, strawberries, apple pieces, grapes, mandarin oranges, and what looks like some type of nut cluster -- all for 4 points without dressing.

Emily -- I hope you get to go there some day because they have some seriously yummy food!

~Kristi~

Guest Keldug

11 pts?! Whoa!

That angers me cause I really liked it,ah well....:bcb_mad2

Guest mochalattekona

Just curious, how did you find out that they changed the way that they prepare the food thus, effecting the point value?

They started advertising the changes on tv, and in the restaurants they had pictures on the ordering board. So I went to their website to check the NI of the "new" stuff because I knew the thicker bread could not possibly be as low point as the original bread - and IMO, it's not even all that good, too thick and dry. bcb_sad:bcb_down

~Kristi~

I love Chick-fil-A for everything they have. From my understanding, there were so many customer complaints about the "old" chicken salad sandwich, that they spent a year creating something that customers would like. They sold it in a few test markets and got rave reviews so that drove them to change. Most chicken salad sandwiches ANYWHERE aren't the best choice for weight watchers, so definitely try the salads...especially the chargrilled fruit salad with the berry balsalmic vinegarette!!!

Nikki

SW 230.6(01/15/11)

CW 199.9(1/20/12)

I agree there Char grilled sandwich is boring. I usually get the regular sandwich with wheat bun and no butter and a side salad.

Amanda

ds 03/25/10

dd 10/12/06

ds 09/19/00

232/150/138

Wow - that brings back memories. The first EVER chicken salad sandwich I had was from Chick-Fil-A in Kansas. There are none out here in California, but my nephew works at one in North Carolina.

Ok - that was random, wasn't it?

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

I love chick fil-a. I can get out of chick fil a for 7 points. 8 pack nugget, side salad, light italian dressing (only have the pack) and buffalo sauce for dipping. the nuggets are high in points but I supplement that with the low point salad and free dressing. Nice change from chargrill, plus a couple points.

I love Chick-Fil-A! And I really like that new Chicken salad with the fruit.

Can you ask them to use the bun/bread off a different product that they sell? I think that company is very customer friendly so they may be willing to do that.

I would definitely email them and ask for their suggestions on a way to cut the calories.

Let us know if you hear anything from them.

Lisa

SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

It's been about 4 years since I've been to a Chick-Fil-A and I missed them very much when I moved to the other coast!

One thing you could try is to order it without any bread and then bring your own - you could put it on a WW pita or something else that's low point.

* Sue *

High weight: 295 (8/06)

WW re-start weight: 285.2 (10/21/08)

Current weight/goal:

weight.png

844ecd10.gif.

Hey buddies,

Dropping in to let Heidi know that Chick-Fil-A is now in Fresno. Yea I can't wait to check it out the next time I'm there. It's on North Blackstone in the old Krispy Creme building and on the Fresno State campus.

Kathy

Over goal and not happy