Health Discovery Network
shelby7851

Menus for specific point values?

Does anyone know of a site, that has ideas of menus for a point value? For example, i am at 28 pts a day. I end up eating 1 and 2, 3 pt things all day, and it isnt helping me get things under control, that issue I have of portion control, or binging...because if smoething is only 2pts, then i feel that i can eat more of it...Because, I think if i had a specific menu set up ahead, this will help me to be more successful, maybe. i would like to try anyways....and would like some ideas...

TIA!

SW238/CW238/GW140

restart June 10,2009

10% goal = 23 lbs

i don't have an answer, but try 10, 11, 12? this also uses up the flex points daily, but i find i need to do use the flex points evenly to stay in control. i'm not one for saving them up for a big day of fun - that leads to disaster for myself. if you've already used them up, i'd still go with 10,11,12. you can STILL save the week with that formula.

this means give yourself

10 points for your morning, maybe 6 for breakfast (make sure there is protein) and 4 for a snack (usually for me it's fruit and yogourt). focus and concentrate on what exact times you are going to eat those points for example 7 am and 10:30 am, and DELAY until then. use water if you are starving, use any kind of distraction

11 for the afternoon. maybe 8 points for lunch at 1 pm, and 3 for a snack (i usually use 2 tablespoons of tamari almonds because if i pick carbs at this point in the day, i am sunk) at 4 pm.

then use 12 for the evening. 9 or 10 for dinner at 6:30 pm, and 2 or 3 for a snack at 8:30 pm (at this time of the day, you have to be SO careful about snacks, try not to choose anything fatty, or carby, because it will lead to shaky cravings - i PERSONALLY try to use up all my points by dinner time and then try to go with nothing for the night - i almost find it easier, as long as I stay upstairs at night, and don't even think about coming down to the kitchen).

after the points are done, lock yourself in your bedroom and don't come out. i recently bought a tiny hdtv with a rabbit ears antenna for our bedroom. now, normally i would think that fewer tvs in the house are better than more, but for some reason, i put myself in the bedroom and refuse to go down the stairs to the kitchen. it seems to help me avoid night-time blowing it.

another thing that helps me when i'm slipping is to make a 3 day vow. when i start going over points regularly, to the level that i am unhappy with mysefl, i make a VOW to stay on points for three days in a row. just 3 days. what i find is that after 3 days, i am back in program mode, and i've broken the cycle of craving that full tummy feel, that carby jittery feel too.

you can do it. i just had a sort of bad day yesterday. i ate fries for lunch for the first time in ages, and it led me to a bad afternoon - homemade bread and nutella, homemade bread and mortadella and salami for supper@!#!!. i didn't meet my own requirements for a balanced diet, so i felt like i blew it. luckily, i stopped eating in the evening (my hubby was going out to buy a bag of chips and i said i wanted some too - luckily he saw the state i was in and changed his mind - the skinny never-weighed-an-ounce-more-than-ideal-weight bastard!). I actually went to bed with that tiny hungry feeling - so i think i may have saved the day.

Mowho33

SW(Dec07)212.5

:bcb_yuck:

CW(July 2010)165

:bcb_grrrr

weight.png

Hi, I'm at 28 pts for the day too and I always plan them out each day, but they always look something like this (I'm a many mini meal eater):

2 pts 1/2 c fiber one, 1/2c cheerios, 1/2 c milk just to get me through morning till I get to work

1.5 pts veggie or bean soup and 2 pt grilled cheese at my desk in morning (I packed them)

2 pts before lunch so I'm not starving (usually 1/2 baked potato with 1/2 slice 2% american cheese and broccoli - yes I make a lot of stuff ahead of time for work and I wash a heck of a lot of dishes daily :-) OR 2 pt veggie egg roll from trader joe's nuked

Lunch: 4pts stouffers stuffed pepper and 1 pt a sugar free pudding, if I have time and the appetite a can of green beans on the side

PM Snack 1 : the other half of the broccoli cheese potato from the morning (2 pts ) or another cup of soup (1.5 pts)_

PM Snack 2 (I don't get home to start cooking after work until 6:15): Better n Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich on double fiber bread (3pts)

Basically I aim for 18 pts during the day followed by an 8 -10 pt dinner (if 8 pts then I get a 2 pt snacke before bed or dessert)

60 lbs Gone! :bcb_grin (10/13/07)

SW 281.2 / CW 220.8 / Goal 159 (10/13/07)

Part II SW 277.2 / CW 267.2 / Goal 169 10lbs gone!

I'm at 35p and I like the rest try to spread them out some times eating 5-6 times a day. Usually I do like 10 before 12noon another 10 for lunch another 10 for dinner and then a snack or two at night and in between. I'm never hungry that way.

SW 372

CW 372 :ugh:

mama to two kids :wave:

These are great ideas! omg, thank you so much, this is going to give me a great starting point, I think planning ahead is super important. thanks so much, i am going to make a menu ahead and try to stick to this...

SW238/CW238/GW140

restart June 10,2009

10% goal = 23 lbs

Thank you for posting this; I'm also struggling with how to space out my points and this helps a lot.

*Heather*

"Nothing is worth more than this day"

shelby, give us an update to let us know how you're doing. hope it is going better. if so let us know. if not, let us know and we'll try to think of other solutions. mo.

Mowho33

SW(Dec07)212.5

:bcb_yuck:

CW(July 2010)165

:bcb_grrrr

weight.png