Health Discovery Network
ajobrien

Starting Core

Hey buddies,

I am a former flexer, switching to Core this week. I found that I was always hungry on Flex and always ended up overeating. I'm a little nervous, I've been cooking all day. I go to school and stay at my sisters during the week so I make my food ahead. I've made Bourbon Chicken, Core Hummus, Rice and Lentil casserole, and Black Bean soup, most which I found the recipes for on this site. Wish me luck.

Amy

SW/CW/GW

248.4/224/125

I've been on Core for 8 weeks - I love it. It sounds like you have planned well - you should have few if any problems.

One of the most helpful things for me has been to keep plenty of fruit on hand - SF canned, frozen, and fresh. It's nice to have a fruit snack and not have to measure and count points!

Good Luck, and :bcb_bravo for the good planning!

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

Welcome Amy!! No "luck" needed! Core is a TERRIFIC PLAN!!! Work the plan and it will work for you!!!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Good for you for planning ahead! That will definitely help you to succeed. Good luck this week.

Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

I also agree that keeping fresh fruit on hand is a plus. It is very satisfying.

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Hey Amy, how are you doing? I am reading tonight the old posts and found yours. I too am a former flexer, and am switching to core. Makes me nervous too. I really had the flex down. I lost 40 pounds and got stuck. I have tried switching up my points and my exercise. Still stuck so I took a small break and now I have decided core is the only way to go. I have been on core for almost a week. I am copying recipes and making a store list. This is not going to be that difficult. I am curious as to how you are doing since I am right behind you. :bcb_march

Hi dmmull & Amy!

I, too switched from flex to core and am beginning my 4th week. Another staple that has proven to be a lifesaver for me is 94% ff popcorn since it is so filling!

Also, don't be afraid of the grains (like I was). I am now a regular eater of couscous and whole wheat pasta.

Keep us posted on your progress!

See you lighter!!

Janeen

Hi, good to hear from you! I hope I am as successful with the core diet as the flex. I was starting to get hungry on flex too. I was hungry and no change in the scale or the tape measure so I gave it up. Several people said to try Core. It didn't sound as appealing so I kept putting it off. I was up till 2am copying recipes and I am going shopping today. I feel a bit scared to change. I thought core sounded boring. Last night I fixed the Core taco dinner and the Core-n bread (I added some peppers and ff cheese) Wow! Not boring at all. I also fixed some Almond Joy pudding and then felt guilty it was so good and filling. Hey, I am on a "diet". So now I am excited. I love that popcorn too! I am going to fix the carmelized onion spread tonight and have it with fresh veggies. I ate a fatty version of that somewhere and loved it. One thing about this board I have never tried a bad recipe. I hope I can do as well with core, I lost 40 bs on flex. I guess my body just got used to it. Funny thing to me it never got so used to the old diet that I quit gaining. LOL!!

Amy and dmmull. Core is a great way to go. I feel I can make a lifestyle change with this diet, but I don't think I could have done it with flex. I tried flex the last time I did ww and I lost weight, but the counting and journaling was a pain and I too was hungry a lot.

This time around I decided to do core and I love it. I've been on since 3/17/08 and am just shy of 30 pounds. It does work it you stick to the plan. Just remember that you don't want to eat until you are full, just until you are satisfied.

weight.png

2197be0cd607827a99c6bd6950f217e8.gif

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!

WOW!! 30 lbs is a lot since March. Good for you! I hope I can do as well. I am sticking with it. I may be eating a bit more than I should. I do feel like I am eating a bit less each day. The first few day I didn't know I wasn't going to need to eat that much. The food is very filling. I have only been on it since 6/5/08. Should I have a loss after 7 days? I am learning. I only ate 3 times that day. So I ate less and ate 4 times on Friday. I think I am adjusting. Thanks for the feedback everyone. It helps.

Congrats on becoming a corbie! I LOVE it!!! It takes a little more planning but I think it is so worth it! I work full time and start night classes next week so I'll be eating all 3 meals a day out and about 4 days a week - I think it can be done. Currently I have 2 a day at work. I'll be doing a lot more cooking on the weekends. I have a big binder full of core recipes I found on this site. I also bought a little lunchbox cooler for my dinner so it can travel better and stay cool until I'm ready. Check out the salad QOTD thread too - wow - that will be handy when preparing meals to eat at school!

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

dmull, as you can see, I gained a few pounds when I weighed in this week. Oh well, life goes on. It's not because of core. It's because I had cocktails last weekend and ate some things I shouldn't have eaten. But it's my first backslied and I'm sure it won't be my last. I am back op and going strong this week.

Some people don't lose after the first week on core, some do. You have to get used to the plan and get used to the signals your body is giving you. When I started, I still used portions like I would have if I was on flex, and then when I finished eating, if I was still hungry, I would give myself 10 minutes for my food to digest. If I was still hungry(which I usually wasn't) I would eat a bit more, or have some fruit for dessert.

The good thing about core is if you're hungry, you can eat something core. Or use your WPA for something non-core. But you don't have to worry that you are using up your points if you are eating something core. I was always hungry on flex and I'm never hungry on core.

weight.png

2197be0cd607827a99c6bd6950f217e8.gif

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!