Health Discovery Network
plcm111195

FIRMies Check In - May 25-31

Here's my plan for the week. Where did this month go?

05/25/08 Gin Miller Best of Step Reebok-DONE

05/26/08 FIRM Total Body Shaping Mix-DONE

05/27/08 FIRM Calorie Killer-DONE

05/28/08 FIRM Total Muscle Shaping-DONE

05/29/08 FIRM Cardio Dance Fusion-DONE

05/30/08 rest or stretch

05/31/08 FIRM Cardio Step Mix-DONE

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Sunday: FIRM Cardio Overdrive--DONE!

Monday: 16 mile walk--DONE!

Tuesday: rest (light walk to mall)

Wednesday: 12 mile walk--DONE!

Thursday: Navy Seals Aquafit & 1000m breaststroke--DONE!

Friday: rest (field trip)

Saturday: 8.5 mile run--DONE!

Kimberley

As usual, taking it day by day!

SUNDAY: 2.5-hour hike DONE

MONDAY: Cathe: Body Fusion DONE

TUESDAY: 45-minute walk DONE

WEDNESDAY: 3-mile WATP DONE

THURSDAY: Karen Voight: Smooth Moves DONE

FRIDAY: 45-minute walk DONE

SATURDAY: Rest

Pat

I miss my muscles! Only you Firmies will understand. I love The Firm and while it has it's faults, I believe it is one of the best out there. I think I got burned out and I've tried so many things but none measure up. Some are so hard I can't do any...most are way to easy and don't even use different sized weights for different exercises.

This week-end I put all of my Firms in order by release date and I think I now have 40+. I am going to do each one, in order, 3 times a week for 2 weeks then move on. I will have to make some modifications for only upper or lower body tapes (I don't think doing lower body only for 2 weeks is a good idea) I obviously don't have ALL of the tapes so I'll use what I've got.

I just feel like I need a goal or a way to have a pattern and not be so random. I really can't commit to picking the specific days but I know that I'll need rest in between so that limits my choices! (Sometimes I wish there were 14 days in a week)

So....today I do volume 1. I've never done it before. I know the modifications will be there: I'm so out of shape and my left knee needs to be treated with care right now, but I've modified before, I can do it again.

As I posted in the Commando Thread: I really miss my strength. This losing weight stuff just isn't that meaningful to me without the exercise!

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Tue-Firm Vol 1

Man, that Susan Harris packs a punch. I really like the workout. I couldn't finish the tape but I feel good about the effort I put in. That leg work at the end is KILLER!!! My goal for now is to be able to do all of the reps! I didn't use any ankle weights!

:work_out:

Amy-SAHM of 4

Hi buddies,

I'm checking in but I still don't know when I'll be able to exercise again.

I had a stupid 1 INCH mole removed, and I've had no end of problems since, mostly because of where the mole was but partly because I have developed an allergy to the adhesives in things like band-aids and steri-strips. I wear sports bras 24/7. I can't swim. I can't bounce, not even heavy walking. I was able to do gardening over the weekend, including some digging. I MAY be able to get back to it this week.

Have a good week!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Nancy, how awful! Nothing worse than a "minor" medical issue turning into something more serious. I hope you're able to rebound soon!

Joanne, is it too late to switch teams for the playoffs? :bcb_grin

Pat

Nancy- I'm sorry about the complications. I hope you're feeling better!

Amy- I find those beginning FIRMs to be the toughest. They took no prisoners back in the 80s! Our first was #2 with Janet Gretzy but we did #1 a lot as well. I never got to the ankle weight level! LOL

Kimberley

Amy, Have you considered a rotation calendar? You can modify it to match the number of days you want to workout.

I find that if I already have it planned out it's easier for me to stick with the plan. If I tried to do the same workout for 2 weeks I'd rebel and wouldn't do anything. Heck. I rarely do the same video in the same MONTH!

There's some info about creating a rotation in the FIRMie Reference Info Thread in the sticky.

BTW, Volume 1 is HARD. That's quite a workout to start back with. I just did Total Body Shaping Mix and all the floor work at the end had me screaming!

(((Nancy))) That must be so frustrating. I hope you had a good birthday in spite of that. We miss you round here.

Pat, you can jump on the bandwagon anytime. That's how I got here. I jumped on in 1994 and never got off. ;)

Kimberley, that 16 mile walk just floored me! And then 2 10K runs! Many people find a 5K to be a "special event"

You rock!

Oh, and I read on another Forum that Anna Benson has permission to put some of the classics that are not already on DVD out. She's supposed to have Volume 6 done in June then Volume 2 is next. I'll keep you posted if I hear more.

Joanne

Hey, Where's Heidi? I was thinking of you during CK today.

Joanne

Joanne- Ooooh, you *know* I won't be able to resist getting #2 on DVD if it comes out! Memories!!!

I'm not sure if I'm going to get to the 10Ks this week. I've been doing at least 3 of them a week for the past bit. DH still has it in his head that we're going to do the 35 mile Baker Trail Challenge in PA on the summer solstice (June 20). So, we're off on a 12 mile walk this morning. I've got swimming on Thursday and hopefully will get in *1* run this week on Friday and boxing on Saturday since I missed it on Monday to do our first walk. DH's goal may be to do the uber hike, but my goal is to get him back in shape (he did all the FIRM workouts with me for six months but stopped this winter when he was busy with work) so he can start running with me, especially in the fall when the kids go back to school.

PS- I miss Heidi too.

Kimberley

I actually did really well with the workout yesterday. I just felt ready to get back into this. I used only 3 and 5# weights or none so I followed well. I am very sore today so I'm happy.

If I begin to go batty...I will change things up. I'd like to try this "method" and see how it goes.

Amy-SAHM of 4