Health Discovery Network
Pugdad Michael

I can't believe I bought a hoolahoop!

My honey read somewhere how great hoolahoops are for trimming down that middle section, so we went shopping the other night.

Of course, the sports shop didn't have manly navy blue or black hoops. (Not that I'm all THAT manly... but SHEESH!) Nope! I left there with a glittery blue one with pink stripes, and my honey got a glittery pink one with green stripes.

The hoolahoop is A LOT harder than I remember as a kid! I finally got it going, but my honey couldn't.

Once we get past the laughing fits, I can see how this will be great exercise!:bcb_LOL:

:bcb_LOL: Pugdad Michael :bcb_LOL:

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!

MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194025

The Hula Hoop is great! Just the laughing alone burns massive calories. The new Wii Fit has a hula hoop game too - that is even more hysterical to hula without the hoop!

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

What fun. It is a lot harder than it looks. Kudos to anyone who can keep the hoolahoop going for one minute or more!!

I like that activities are losing some of the "male" and "female" labels -- at least in terms of fun sports. In my son's middle school Total Fitness class, the kids -- boys and girls -- all jump rope as one of their exercises. My son thought jumping rope was "for girls" ... until I reminded him that male boxers jump rope too.

Have fun!

Kos

...a glittery blue one with pink stripes....

Maybe you can give it a duct tape makeover :bcb_smile.

Seriously - hula hoops sound like fun! If you bought a few more, you could use them on the ground obstacle-course style. Thanks for the great idea; I'm always game to shake up my exercise routine.

Amy

SW 164.8

WWG 130

Ideal Range: 118-123

CW 129.0

Lifetime 3/1/07

You can get an awesome work out with a hoolahoop. You can do regular around the waist loops or even jump rope with the hoop. Like rainybabie said just laughing will help burn loads of calories. Keep up your hoolahooping. :)

Melissa

1stSW: 192 (05/07/08)

2ndSW: 168.8 (01/01/09)

CW: 154.4

GW: 140

PGW: 125ish

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just the first step." - Dr. MLK Jr.

Ticker for Restart!

weight.png

I used to love hula hoops! Maybe I'll pick one up at the store and give it a whirl again (no pun intended!).

Thanks for the idea, and good luck with yours!

I have a weighted one that I love (when I use it). It takes a lot of core work to keep it going!

I bought mine online so I got to pick my colors (they had "manly ones" but I picked green and red.)

Nancy

SW: 205

CW: 205 :bcb_mad2

WWGW: 135

PGW: 120

Goals:

Main goal: GW by my 30th b-day

End of summer semester goal: 180s

End of July goal: 190s

Starting over once again! I can and I WILL do this!:kickbutt:

Check out hoopnotica.com and hoopgirl.com for inspiration on hooping.

They do hoop with hoops that are larger than normal. You get more control that way. We love our hoopnotica hoops!

Nita

I'm going to try this out. Maybe I remember how! What kind of store would I find them at?

Tish

Onward and Downward