Health Discovery Network
Guest Christen83

Need some dinner Ideas

Guest Christen83

I've decided to come back to core next week. I want to focus back in on my food quality and not so much on qty. I usually have a fairly routin breakfast of oatmeal and boiled egg and do dinner left overs for lunch. So I need 2 more dinner ideas to complete next week's plan. I don't like doing ground beef dishes two nights in a row b/c it screws up my left overs for lunch plan w/ the ground beef once a day rule.

Sat - Meatloaf w/ potatos fried in oil

Sun - Core Chicken fingers w/ mashed potatos

Mon - Core sloppy joe w/ core-n bread

Tue - Burbon Chicken w/ CousCous

Wed - ?

Thu - ?

Friday - dinner out or left overs - it's my night off from cooking :)

MMM, your menu sounds good! I might borrow it. LOL

Here's some non-ground beef recipes I like (I hear you on it screwing up your lunch plans...that happens to me sometimes):

Inside Out Egg Rolls

Sesame Noodles

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Salsa Chicken (if you have a crockpot)

And here's another great website with lots and lots of ideas:

http://www.freewebs.com/hwc1973/index.htm

HTH,

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

I see pasta is missing, Pasta is always a nice easy core dinner!

Teri :salut

Proud Mom to Mckenzie born July 26/06

Now ready to shed these baby pounds!

Joined WW April 15, 2008

weight.png

Guest Christen83
I see pasta is missing, Pasta is always a nice easy core dinner!

If you can get the hubby to eat whole wheat pasta :bcb_grin

Does ground turkey fall in that same rule?

[B][I][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Jenny[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]height - 5'8"[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]HW - 181[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]CW - [/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]Weekly Exercise Goal - 75/210 miniutes[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL]

Guest Christen83

I'm not sure if it's only one ground meat a day or if you could do ground beef once and ground turkey once....but that's another thing I haven't opened DH's eyes on yet. He's pretty good w/ everything except the CousCous, Ground Turkey & WW pasta...oh and FF or veggie cheeses but that's easy enough for him to have his own cheeese.

I know, I wasn't sure either. I also have a tiny bit picky DH. But I kind of overule the cooking situation and just use those things anyway. But mostly use those items in very flavorful dishes to try to hide it. With that said (and not being too sure if turkey part of the once a day rule), here are a couple things I like...

Core stuffed cabbage casserole - with ground turkey and bulgur

Skillet Lasagna - with ground turkey

loaded veggie soups with added ground turkey or chicken

Grilled chicken, baked potatoe, grilled or roasted veggies.

shrimp/chicken stirfry

[B][I][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Jenny[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]height - 5'8"[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]HW - 181[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]CW - [/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]Weekly Exercise Goal - 75/210 miniutes[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL]

All ground meats fall into the ground meat once a day rule.

In the summer I like to make a big bowl of tabouli (I don't use a recipe), and I add ff feta and/or white beans for protein. That is a great dinner OR lunch. And there is nothing in it that has a limit other than satisfaction.

Grain/bean/veggies cold salads are also great and don't have any once a day limited foods in them.

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

I was wondering if that was the case. Good to know, thanks Lynn!

What about these maybe?...

White chicken chili

Rotissary chicken from the store, boiled potatoes, veggie of some kind

Chicken fried rice/bulgur

breakfast for dinner

If you can get the hubby to eat whole wheat pasta :bcb_grin

I have heard of a few people who did not like WW pasta who liked brown rice pasta. I think the Tinkyada brand is the best. It taste more like the non WW pasta.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Another idea is Breakfast for dinner (added bonus is that it's cheap): eggs, omelets, canadian bacon, polenta, hashbrowns, points for some toast, etc.

Re: WW pasta...I'm not a big fan of it unless it's cooked IN something. I like it in the core hamburger helper, spaghetti pie, etc. It has to be mixed with something to be edible IMO. Added bonus in some of the things is that the color is maxed by the thing it's cooked in. DH won't eat ww pasta, but he'll eat the core hamburger helper with ww pasta because he can't tell the difference. ;)

Also, the brands DO make a difference. I dislike the Hodgson Mills ww pasta. It has a very strong flavor IMO. I actually like Kroger's store brand and Racconto brand.

Amy

SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose

DS: 1 year

DD: 2 years

I know you have chicken listed already, but if you roast one or two,you have a few meals just waiting for you. I've been having sliced roasted chicken with bulgur & veggies a lot. It also works well in the chicken tortilla soup. How about fish ??

My Dh does not like WW pasta, either. I don't like it enough to make it on a regular basis. I have had lots of quinoa, bulgur and barley lately. You can put so many things over it- and it's really filling. Good luck-I know you will find some things you like.... You'll probably be really happy to be back at CORE !! Nice looking stats, too :bcb_bigsm Good job !

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

Guest Christen83

Thanks, I think I have enough ideas for a couple weeks. :bcb_bigsm

The salsa chicken is deffinately getting an add. Fish is a great idea too, I could do a corn meal breading or just grill it w/ some veggies.....oooh, I'm getting excited about next week now. I can't remember why I switched back to flex ....hmmmm....oh well, I still lost on it, but I just don't feel as healthy.

While I'm at it, any quick and easy lean protein you can think of? I'm wanting to use whole foods instead of protein supplements on my three strength training nights. Right now I'm planning on using grilled chicken since it's fairly portable but are there any clever ideas I'm not thinking of?

For portable protein, how about hard boiled eggs, or ff cheese if it is available near you...

Proud Mom to Mckenzie born July 26/06

Now ready to shed these baby pounds!

Joined WW April 15, 2008

weight.png

I noticed you're missing mexican.....

Okay, this is the EASIEST core recipe I know, and my DH LOVES it!

3-4 chicken breast (halves)

1 packet taco seasoning

salsa

Shake taco seasoning and chicken breast in a bag till coated. Put in 9X13 and bake 30min at 350. 5 minutes prior to done, pour Salsa over chicken.

That's IT!

Also makes great chicken to use in tacos and such.

Hope it helps!

Amy

Lots of great ideas here. You guys are the best.

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Guest Christen83

I'm so excited about next week's menu. Coming back to core has me totally re-motivated. Thanks girls!!

This is phenomenal:

Fried Bulgar

This is a very versatile recipe and can be made with random meats and leftover/canned/frozen or fresh veggies. I eat it for lunch or a fast dinner a lot.

1/4 cup bulgar, cooked

1 tsp safflower

1 egg

meat (any kind - I like chicken personally)

minced onion and garlic (I used freeze-dried if I need something fast)

veggies (any kind)

diced pineapple

reduced sodium soy sauce

thai hot sauce (if desired)

Put safflower oil in pan and scramble egg. Break it up into little pieces. If veggies and pineapple are frozen, add them first. When veggies are thawed and starting to get tender, add bulgar. When bulgar begins to get brown, add soy sauce and hot sauce to taste. Eat as stand-alone meal, or as side dish--GB

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile