Health Discovery Network
kurlylox

heartburn

Does drinking water give you heartburn?

Would the brand of bottled water make a difference?

I been drinking Sam's club bottled water and have noticed alot of heartburn.

I had GERD and serious nightly heartburn till I lost weight. I think I've reasoned out a number of heartburn issues but would never attribut it to water.

I would ask: what times of day does this happen? I needed to avoid eating or drinking 3-4 hrs. before bedtime. But if I drank water, that may have churned up the acid that came up overnight.

From my experience, I would review the foods I ate rather than the water.

I used to have the Tums by my bedside everynight. Now they are in the kitchen as my calcium supplement. Losing the weight on my belly made a huge difference.

Don't you think that if something makes you uncomfortable it's reason enough to change?

marge

SW: 206

GW: 146

CW: 166. 8:bcb_march

40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

weight.png

I agree with Marge. I have GERD now so anything I over-fill my stomach with will cause a problem. It's not the water.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

I agree with what the others have said. Water would not cause heartburn.

I had GERD and hiatal hernia and was on meds for a long time. Both the GERD and the meds have gone away since losing weight.

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

The water probably just dilutes the stomach acid already there and makes it seem like more, and the extra volume of the water in your stomach can lead to reflux.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Thats really interesting. The one major thing I have noticed since starting WW (and the core plan) is I haven't had heartburn once since. It's been 12 weeks now. I would chalk it up to the food choices somewhere, perhaps still too much processed food even if you are techincally "OP"? Hope you figure it out, that is no fun!

Teri :salut

Proud Mom to Mckenzie born July 26/06

Now ready to shed these baby pounds!

Joined WW April 15, 2008

weight.png