Health Discovery Network
Aeriea085

Fiber one Oats and Apple Streudle bars

I bought these at my SuperTarget the other day and I just tried one this morning.... YUMMY! They have a new strawberry one as well, which I haven't tried, but as of yet Fiber One hasn't led me astray with their bars, they have all been delicious!

Jen :wave:

SW: 256

CW: 165

GW: 155

Started WW June 1, 2005

Total Pounds Lost: 91

Turn your face to the sun and you won't see the shadows

Guest mochalattekona

what is the points value?

I tried these and also thought they were delicious. They are 2 points and have 9 grams of fiber! :bcb_bigsm

SW: 189.5

Lifetime Goal: 148 March 2006

CW: 147 (7/19/2010)

Thanks for posting about these - I have not tried one yet, but did pick up a box and will have one as a snack this afternoon.

I found it very interesting that the first ingredient listed was chicory root extract, which I found (by Googling) is a source of the fiber inulin - then I found this information at wikipedia -

"Processed foods

Inulin is used increasingly in foods because it has unusual nutritional characteristics. It ranges from completely bland to subtly sweet and can be used to replace sugar, fat, and flour. This is particularly advantageous because inulin contains a third to a quarter of the food energy of sugar or other carbohydrates and a sixth to a ninth of the food energy of fat. It also increases calcium absorption[2] and possibly magnesium absorption,[3] while promoting the growth of intestinal bacteria. Nutritionally, it is considered a form of soluble fiber and is sometimes seen as a prebiotic. The consumption of large quantities (particularly by sensitive or unaccustomed individuals) can lead to gas and bloating. Inulin has a minimal impact on blood sugar, and—unlike fructose—is not insulemic and does not raise triglycerides,[4] making it generally considered suitable for diabetics and potentially helpful in managing blood sugar-related illnesses."

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

I have tried the chocolate Fiber One bars and they are off the charts YUMMY!!!! I saw on the internet that they are nothing more than a glorified candy bar.:bcb_confu With (I believe 6 grams of fiber) and only 140 calories, it's much smarter than a snickers!:bcb_up

I have tried the chocolate Fiber One bars and they are off the charts YUMMY!!!! I saw on the internet that they are nothing more than a glorified candy bar.:bcb_confu With (I believe 6 grams of fiber) and only 140 calories, it's much smarter than a snickers!:bcb_up

I agree - they can call it "a glorified candy bar" if they want - if it's healthier, it's smarter! :)

Rose

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

I tried the apple ones and didn't like them. I have had the chocolate ones and carmel ones and I thought they were good. Haven't found the strawberry ones yet.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

I have also tried the strawberry one now, and that is probaby my second favorite after the new caramel one. Yummy!

Jen :wave:

SW: 256

CW: 165

GW: 155

Started WW June 1, 2005

Total Pounds Lost: 91

Turn your face to the sun and you won't see the shadows

I give the Oats and Apple Streudle bar a thumbs up :) My only complaint might be that I wish it was just a tad less sweet. It would be excellent cut into bite-size treats, rather than eating the whole thing at once, IMO.

Rose

Target has the Oats and Caramel, and the Oats and Chocolate flavors in boxes of 12, for 4.00 a box. That's only .33 per bar - they are not big bars, but that's still a good deal I think. That price is good for several more days - there may be other flavors in other stores, but that is all my local Target had.

Rose

Can someone please let me know if in the ingredients there is High Fructose Corn Syrup,thanks to all.:salut

Sally - I have three different flavors, and they each do contain High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Rose

Guest mom2twingems

I really like all of their flavors!!!! Yummy

I eat one of the chocolate ones every afternoon for a snack at work. I agree - it is MUCH healthier than a snickers and lower in points. It takes away my chocolate cravings and I really need something that can do that for just a few points. It is small, but the fiber makes it very filling.

DS discovered them in the pantry the other day and thought they were awesome. He is a 13 year old bottomless pit. I had to warn him not to eat the whole box because of all the fiber! :bcb_grin

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

I LOVE the oats and chocolate! I keep them in my desk and have one every morning and have yet to get sick of them! I had to start buying them in bulk at Costco. The only flavor Costo has is the Oats and Chocolate. I can't wait to try the other flavors!

I love Fiber Ones - haven't had the apple strudel but will look for it. Walmart has their version of Fiber Ones for less $ and they taste just as good but only have chocolate and oats and pb flavors.

Kraft has a bar called Live Active that are about the same as Fiber One and good too.

Mary

40 year old mom to Abby and Lily, ages 5 and 2

CW 216 SW 245 (2004) LW 185 (2006)

I tried the Oats & Peanut Butter - which is delicious by the way - but my points slider said it's 3 points. Am I doing something wrong? I'm told the new WW guidelines don't let you account for more than 4 grams of fiber...

Sue

Keep the PROMISES we make to OURSELVES :bcb_up

weight.png

I have to go with the glorified candy bar thing. I'm a little troubled by this recent trend of fiber injected everything, from ice cream to yogurt to poptarts. It's not a criticism for those who choose to eat them, but I'm afraid that those who aren't as informed as most of us WW are, might not use them in a proper way.

It sort of reminds me of the low carb thing a few years ago. Low carb doritios and ice cream and all that. People wolfing it all down because it was "low carb" thinking they were making a healthy choice.

I tried the bars once, and didn't really see what all the fuss was about, and to me the supersonic gas wouldn't be worth it!

I tried the Oats & Peanut Butter - which is delicious by the way - but my points slider said it's 3 points. Am I doing something wrong? I'm told the new WW guidelines don't let you account for more than 4 grams of fiber...

Peanutbutter one is 3 - as far as I know the rest are 2... (but PB one is oh so yummy!!)

I'm having the apple streusel one now - I think it's pretty yummy! :bcb_up

I think the carmel one tastes more butterscotch-ish than caramel...

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

I love these bars! Maybe they are glorified candy bars but when I eat one I don't gain weight like I would with a Snickers.

Amanda

ds 03/25/10

dd 10/12/06

ds 09/19/00

232/150/138