Health Discovery Network
WWLifer

Beck Workbook~Second Semester

I am very excited about this book and all who will join me on this journey.

I have completed the questionnaire and learned these things about myself.

I have dieted many times and haven't been successful in being where I want to me. I am presently very motivated. I don't slow down and notice what I'm eating. I easily cave in to hunger and cravings. I eat more than I should when frustrated, bored, tired, etc.

I know why I want to lose weight.

To be more confident, be at less risk for type 2 diabetes, like myself better, feel more in control, be more attractive, so my mom won't remark about my weight, feel happier when I look in the mirror, back won't hurt as much, and have more energy.

I am counting on my buddies to be my support here.

Anyone else ready to start day 1 tomorrow????

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

I'm in, Sarah, and looking forward to it.

I, too, have done the questionnaire.

I have lost 77 pounds with WW to date. I want to lose more, and know why.

I want to continue to improve my health. Improve energy level.

I want to continue to feel GREAT about where I am headed. I am looking so much better, can wear pretty clothes and not be embarassed about how I look. I can look in a mirror and not be disgusted.

I love that my arms and legs are getting so toned-need to work on everything else, as well.

I, too, want to keep back problems away- I stand constantly and know the pain.

DH is thrilled with my progress and I REALLY appreciate the compliments and support from him and everyone else I encounter.

I love being able to give advice about nutrition and fitness when people ask me.

I feel great. My kids are eating better and exercising more.

I want to be a size 6. I have gone from a 14-8 since this past january. It feels good !! I was a size 20 two years ago and very, very disgusted with myself. I NEVER want to be there again. So I won't !

My challenges:

#1-I eat WAY too fast. I think I like to finish and clean up. Don't always enjoy the process.

#2- I am getting better at it, but need to diligently plan my meals and exercising.

These are my main challenges right now, but if I recall correctly, the book will help me realize my other challenges and figure out how to overcome them.

Day 1 starts tomorrow-but will get into my head before bed tonight.

Let's go !!

Bridget

Bridget

SW 230

CW 151.8:bcb_march

GW 130

I'm in. I purchased the book last year and really didn't follow it strictly. I'm ready now.

With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

weight.png

I have that book, and I had worked on the first 7 days in it, but then just dropped it.

I know why I over-eat too. Lot of reasons, but they can be overcome, but it's difficult that is for sure.

I'm in.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

Now if I can just find my darned workbook (or book)!

Still unpacking from moving...:bcb_cry:

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Day 1 today for me.

I am evaluating & copying my reasons, reading them,putting them everywhere I can.

My WI was disappointing to me this morning-exactly same as last week.

This BDS recommit is very timely....

Bridget

Bridget

SW 230

GW 130

Okay-thinking about joining...do you get the book and then the workbook? Or just the workbook?

Okay-thinking about joining...do you get the book and then the workbook? Or just the workbook?

I bought the book first (the workbook was not out yet). I found it interesting and somewhat helpful, but I wasn't "self-motivated". The workbook takes you step by step. It almost tells you how to think. I liked the book, but loved the workbook.

P.S.~ You don't have to read the book to do the workbook. :bcb_up

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

OK, OK, I ended up reading/starting the BDS earlier than I thought. We had lots of people over this weekend and there's lots of food leftover (the kids and their friends made or brought their own food). For whatever reason, I started to feel like if I didn't have some potato chips I would surely die! I moved them out of sight, but I still knew where they were :bcb_huh:. I made myself a FF latte and opened the book. Almost instantly, I read "it's just a craving, it will go away if I focus on something else". So, here I am sipping the last of my latte and posting on BCB. Of course I already knew that, but reading it was just the kick in the pants I needed. :bcb_bigsm I'm really glad I'm doing this workbook again. (but, it's like I "flunked" the first time and now I'm in summer school!!) :bcb_cry::bcb_grin

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

OK, I'll play too. I bought the workbook, but it is still sitting there on my bedside table looking very crisp and new.bcb_sad

So....Guess I will start at the beginning tonight!

Starting Weight: 190

WWW Goal: 150

New starting weight(2-21-08): 186.4

Starting agian: (6-15-09): 154

weight.png

I have completed the day 1 checklist. My list of reasons for losing weight is posted in numerous places, and in my purse. I have 2 scheduled times to read it and will read it when tempted.

The Do It Anyway Response Card Really hit me so I copied it too and placed it around my house.

For those of you who don't have the workbook it says:

do it anyway

Even if I don't feel like using a diet skill, I have to

do it anyway. If I do only what I feel like doing, I won't be able to lose weight and keep if off.

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

I have completed Day 1, as well. Tomorrow I will combine Days 2 & 3. I already am following the CORE lifestyle, so I do not have to pick a diet. (I have FLEX as my back-up, should CORE not be possible for some reason)

My Day 3 skill will be sitting down for all meals and snacks. Should be fun.... I will also reread my reasons for losing weight first thing in the morning, and throughout the day.

Bridget

Bridget

SW 230

GW 130

Bridget-I too will combine day 2 and 3 tomorrow. I am totally committed to Core with Flex as my back up. I haven't read day 3 yet...eating sitting down. I am terrible about eating on the go. I am sure that is a much needed skill for me.

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

I eat a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese before my morning walk. I had it in my mind that I would sit down to eat it. Before I even thought about it I licked the spoon. I am posting on my cabinets, It is MANDATORY to sit down to eat.

Does this mean I don't get to check that box off at the end of the day?:bcb_mad:

This will be a challenge. I CAN DO IT.

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

I think I'll be at the Mall today so will maybe look for the workbook.

I so need to get it in gear with this program.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

Day 1 update (couldn't post this last night since my computer was being temperamental!):

Reasons I want to lose weight: confidence, smaller size, more comfortable with myself in the mirror, enjoy clothes shopping again, won't be self-conscious, less risk for type 2 diabetes, more stamina & energy, & more comfortable eating in front of others. but the 2 most important ones to me: I'll like myself better & I won't think about food or eating all the time.

I have posted a copy of the chart in my bathroom & kitchen and have made a shrunken version of the card, laminated it & carry it in my wallet and have made another copy into a bookmark for the workbook. I have also posted the Day 1 Response card - Do It Anyway - in my kitchen.

Finally, I have created memos in my Blackberry that has my list in it & created a task reminder to go off every day so that I will read my list. (I also added the Day 1 Response Card & Helpful Response in there too).

Day 1 check!

Since today is Day 2 & I already know the plan I will follow (core - duh!!), I'm going to read the first few chapters that I skipped last night.

Good luck everyone & good job so far!

See you lighter!!

Janeen

Other than my small slip this morning, I have successfully made it through the day sitting down to eat. I had to post lots of response cards around my kitchen stating "Standing up to eat is NOT an option-I have NO CHOICE." I had no idea how much effort it would take for me to remember to do this. I have been a walk around nibbler ALL my life.

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

I had no problem with the sitting and eating today. I had to work and I brought cottage cheese and berries for breakfast/break, and 1/2 of a sandwich (points) and banana for lunch. I did sit but barely had any time to eat. Plus, the air conditioner went down, so I did more drinking than eating. Last time around, I found it very hard in the begining to never eat standing. I had to think of it each time, but as time went on, it became second nature. Definitely a good habit to learn.

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

I made it thru today not eating anything unless I was sitting. I did have to think about it, though, It's going to be a skill I will need to work on for a while I am sure, but as long as I keep it in mind, I know I will do it.

I am all set w/ my bracelet for tomorrow as a reminder to credit myself for the good actions & choices I make. And, I read over my reasons fore losing weight.

Bridget

Bridget

SW 230

GW 130

Please count me in.

I'm going through a bit of a crisis right now but

I will do my best to start.

SW 233

CW 168

GW 155

Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Soy, Grain intolerant, nightshade allergie too

Ok - I read my list yesterday, chose my plan and backup plan, and read the first couple of chapters that I skipped. I also secured my coach - my sister, who is extremely Supportive of me.

Today

See you lighter!!

Janeen