Health Discovery Network
WWLifer

Beck Workbook~Second Semester

I am working on the menu. My problem is that nothing sounds good to me right now. I am so weak when it comes to resisting cravings and right now they are all over me! I know that protein and veggies help cut the cravings so what I put on tomorrows menu, needs to be much protein.

WWLifer - I need to start reading my reasons for wanting to lose and the supprt cards. Another thing that I thought would help me would be to list what I want to feel like in the fall. How do I want to look with the long-sleeve cozy sweater on and old jeans? I won't be thin enough to look good, but when you lose weight, you feel good anyways.

Pensguy, this is not my thread and I am not sure what happened but I am doing the book and glad this thread is still here. You can chime in anytime you like! You too WWSuzanne!

JimsBride's Journal

HW - 291.5

SW - 280.0

CW - 280.

Mini goal (Aug 15 ) 260

GW - 150

:) - per 5 pounds lost Start: 07/09/08-- 0:kickbutt: OP day

I received my workbook today. Going up to bed to start reading it...Looks like this is right up my alley!

Suzanne

SW: 218

GW: 164

CW: 177

Short term Goal: 174 (20%)

Yesterday's history...Tomorrow a mystery;

Just for today, I will stay OP.

:bcb_up

weight.png

Well, I completed my questionaire and the Reasons I want to lose weight. I am going to make a copy of that page and put one in my purse and tape one to my bathroom mirror. I learned alot about how I "think" about food and "dieting" in general. That is why I think I love Core so much. It doesn't even feel like a diet to me.

Today I am going to work on sitting down to eat and giving myself credit. I think for the most part, I do sit while eating, but I will make it a point today to sit and see how many times I am tempted to eat while standing.

Suzanne

weight.png

Ok Suzannne, and today I am going to plan my menu and see how well I can stick to it!!!

I also need to do all of the daily activities at the end of each chapter.

I am here with ya!

Jimsbride

JimsBride's Journal

HW - 291.5

SW - 280.0

CW - 280.

Mini goal (Aug 15 ) 260

GW - 150

I'm supposed to get my workbook any day now and then I'll be in this with ya'll.

Penny

SW 213.8

CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)

GW 150

Wife to Eugene :buddysmoo

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

I'm here with you guys too. It is amazing to me how going to my mother's house made me forget some of the rules. I struggle with taking every bite while sitting. I have to recommit to that everyday and every meal.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

I did well yesterday, sitting while eating and giving myself credit. Today I will really try to pay attention to every bite, finish each mouthful before putting more on my fork and putting my fork down in between every few bites and stopping to dring every 1-2 minutes. I will review my list of the reasons why I want to lose weight and I will give myself credit.

I did realize that I usually drink my shake in the morning standing up so I made it a point to drink it while sitting yesterday.

I read ahead in the book to day 14, just to see what is coming up. I am just going to add one thing each day, so long as I have completed each of the other things.

We went out to eat last night and I did great; except of course for my thinking! My DH has been doing Core with me for about eight weeks. Wednesday is his weigh day and he allows himself a "cheat" meal on his weigh days (that is him, not me). So anyway, I found myself wanting the bread on the table so bad and I starting thinking things like "why can't I have bread", "I really want some bread". Then he had fettucine alfredo appetizer and was dipping the bread, OMG! Anyway, I just kept telling myself that I want to lose weight more than I want that bread. It is not healthy/good for me. It worked! I had a crab/shrimp cocktail, grilled swordfish, broccoli and potato. I even brought half of it home; and noooooooooo bread. I was so glad I read that book today because my thoughts are what get me in trouble, much of the time.

Have a great day everyone!

Suzanne

weight.png

Wow WWSuzanne! What an amazing day you had! Good job!

I am having real problems getting the whole routine together. I am going back to the beginning and start with the basics. I now understand why you have to create the list, read the list. etc. Without it, you simply stop doing the whole thing!

Pensguy, got the book yet?

WWLifer, sometimes our homes seem to so organized that it may be easy. When I walk away from my "haven" , I fight the mentality that anything goes. Good for you for taking the rules with you!

JimsBride's Journal

HW - 291.5

SW - 280.0

CW - 280.

Mini goal (Aug 15 ) 260

GW - 150

It is amazing to me how going to my mother's house made me forget some of the rules.

I struggle with that too. It is like my brains says "VACATION...ANYTHING GOES!!!" and that is NOT good. I hope you can get ahold again.

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Suzanne, that is GREAT!!!!! Just like what WWLifer said, those thoughts get me. And if I can or conquer the thoughts, then I just MAY end up winning this battle! My ww leader calls the bad thinking "stinking thinking".

Good for you for succeeding!!!! :salut

Yes, Jimsbride, I did get the book...and I'm starting on it today.

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Can someone please tell me the name of this book/workbook.......it looks like something that I would enjoy....I too respond well to structure. Also, can somebody tell me what the "biggest loser BCB edition" is?

Thanks,

Jacque

Jacque

"Be passionate enough to succeed......"

David Cottrell

:bcb_march:bcb_march

152/150/142

Can someone please tell me the name of this book/workbook.......it looks like something that I would enjoy....I too respond well to structure. Also, can somebody tell me what the "biggest loser BCB edition" is?

Thanks,

Jacque

Here ya go! http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Diet-Solution-Weight-Workbook/dp/0848731913/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216338346&sr=8-1

From my investigation :bcb_grin I found that this is a challenge that some signed up for just a few weeks back (figures! Now, I can't get into it. :bcb_mad2 ) Look on the BCB Buddy Forum and you can find the main thread to read about it. Looks like fun to me, so I'm hoping they do it again so I can participate.

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Well, this eating slowly is more difficult than I thought. But it seems that everyone has trouble with this one. As everyone has said, I will be working on this one for the rest of my life.

I caught myself drinking some of my shake at the sink because the whole thing would not fit into the glass. I stopped and sat down.

I eat breakfast at work (at my desk) because there is really no place else to eat except a conference room when it is available. Anyway, I cleared off a nice area and actually ate my shredded wheat. I put the spoon down between every bite and I did not put any more food on my spoon until i finished chewing and swallowing. I even drank water a few times in between bites which is something I NEVER do. That wasn't too painful.

Lunch was a different story. I used the conference room and found it so hard to sit there and do nothing but eat and concentrate on my meal. I did it, but I just kept thinking I have to get back to work.

Dinner was a quick veggie egg white omelet which I probably ate too fast but I will keep on trying. Progress, not perfection.

I also did not give myself much credit yesterday.

Suzanne

weight.png

Suzanne-You are so right. I think we will be working on this for the rest of our lives. I try to hurry too much with everything I do. Taking time to eat slowly is getting better for me, but I have not mastered it or begun to master it actually. It is a constant thinking process for me and I am in my 5th week. My response cards help me to remember to give myself credit.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Still struggling with the eating slowly and with focus...but I had a couple of great Beck moments to share. First, we went to the movies last night and I decided to pop my own popcorn with olive oil and bring it with me. I made a commitment not to eat it until the movie started (we got there forty-five minutes early). My DH and DN's went right to the concession stand and started chowing down on their popcorn. I practiced my resistance and waited until the movie started to eat it. It felt sooooo good.

The second thing just happened. I am at work and I started to feel hungry. I thought to myself... I should not be hungry yet. I looked at my water bottle which was empty. I then remembered what the book says about surveying your mouth. My mouth was so dry. I was just thirsty, not hungry. I drank 16 oz of water and then re-filled my bottle and the feeling of hunger disappeared!

This stuff really works!

Suzanne

weight.png

That's GREAT, Suzanne!!!!

I'll still keep up with ya'll, but I think I'm going to read the other book that has been talked about first....the one by Martha Beck called the 4-Day Win. There is a thread about it on the Core board. I think it will be too much for me to do both right now.

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

Can anyone explain how we are to use the cards? Is there a structure to them or is it just random that we use them?

Today I am going to work on distractions. This is a powerful tool when we remember to do it. My body is under my control not vice versa. So I tell it when to eat, it does not tell me!

Jimsbride

JimsBride's Journal

HW - 291.5

SW - 280.0

CW - 280.

Mini goal (Aug 15 ) 260

GW - 150

I made lots of copies of the response cards and when negative thoughts entered my mind I would read them. I also started my day by reading them. I think you choose what works best for me. It took me a while to figure out what really distracted me. Coming here was one of my best distractors.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

I have missed a few days checking in. Today I weighed myself for the very first time on a day that is not my WI (daily weighing in will be a challenge because it goes against everything I have been told previously; but I will try and do my best not to worry about the day-to-day fluctuations). I read my list of reasons I want to lose weight. I scheduled a small amount of exercise into my day, planned all my meals and snacks and I will EAT SLOWLY today! I will practice distraction techniques and read my response cards, as needed. This is about as far as I have gotten. I think it is really helping me change the way I think.

Suzanne

weight.png

Bump, Bump, Bump

Suzanne

weight.png

I'm back. I just can't get into the 4Day Win book (maybe later) so WWCarol convinced me (with her own personal post) to get my workbook out and start. I read through the Intro up to the Daily work pages. I'm convinced. :bcb_grinDay 1 (and maybe more) comes tomorrow....or maybe tonight in prep for tomorrow.

Penny

SW 213.8

GW 150

Mom to Joseph and Jake

weight.png

I found this thread and went and investigated the Martha Beck books online. I have ordered the Diet book and the workbook that goes with it. I just received the book. I want to see if this helps me get over my plateau hump with my 30 pounds and no more. Maybe I need to look at some of these things differently.

Anyway, thank you Carol for bringing this book set to my attention. I think cognitive behavior therapy has a lot to do with the choices we make.

Melody

weight.png

I found this thread and went and investigated the Martha Beck books online. I have ordered the Diet book and the workbook that goes with it. I just received the book. I want to see if this helps me get over my plateau hump with my 30 pounds and no more. Maybe I need to look at some of these things differently.

Anyway, thank you Carol for bringing this book set to my attention. I think cognitive behavior therapy has a lot to do with the choices we make.[/QUOTE]

Melody~ I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :bcb_smile And the workbook is excellent for laying-out exactly what to do each day.:salut

This thread was buried, so I started a new one recently. There's lots of great information in this thread, though...definitely worth reading! :bcb_smile

Come on over to the new Beck thread! It'll be fun! :bcb_bigsm:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile