Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Munka213

Looking for an old WW recipe

Guest Munka213

I am looking for a recipe that was from the mid 80's. I know it used cottage cheese, chopped green pepper, onion, maybe bread crumbs and tuna? Not sure, but it was made into patties and baked. They were soooooo good! I have searched all over the internet and can't find it. I'm not even sure what WW plan it was in - Flex, Quick Start, etc. etc.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Just found this one, I'm not sure of it's date of origin ... you could probably add the green pepper in. I didn't run the NI through Mastercook, it is as i found it online. No cottage cheese in this one .. but you could add some in, perhaps in place of the egg whites, it would help bind it together. You'd need to refigure the NI in that case.

Tuna Patties

2 (6 ounce) cans water packed tuna, drained and flaked

3 egg whites

3 tablespoons seasoned dried bread crumbs

4 scallions, thinly sliced

2 tablespoons minced parsley

Black pepper to taste

In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, egg whites, bread crumbs, scallions/onions, parsley and pepper. Shape the mixture into 4 equal patties.

Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and preheat it. Add the patties and cook until golden brown and heated through (approximately 5 minutes on each side).

Makes 4 patties.

Per Serving: 137 cal, 1g tot fat, 0g Sat Fat, 32mg Cholesterol, 462mg Sodium, 5g total Carb, 1g Fiber, 26g Protein, 24mg Calcium

3 WW points

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Didn't sound like what you wanted, but was on a WW leader recipe thread

http://members.cox.net/debilost43/Tuna%20Patties.htm

Tuna Patties

1 box Stove Top Stuffing, any flavor (Savory Herb is great)

2 (6-oz) cans of Tuna in water, drained and flaked

1 c. 2% Reduced Fat cheddar cheese

1/3 c. reduced calorie mayo

1/2 c. Vegetables of your choice (good choice is 1/4 c. onion and 1/4 c. shredded carrots or zucchini)

3/4 c. water

Mix together dry stuffing mix, tuna, cheese, mayo, veggies and water. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to allow the mixture to firm up. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Take 1/3 c. of mixture and form into a small patty. Cook patties in batches of 4 or 5 for 4-5 minutes on each side.

Serve alone, or atop a small hamburger bun or on a toasted English muffin.

Makes 12 patties at 2 points each or Core + 1-Point.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Guest Munka213

That's close to the recipe I was looking for - I'm going to try it.

Thanks!!!!

Kathy

I know this is an old thread but I found this. It has oats instead of breadcrumbs which would be interchangeable anyhow....

Tuna And Cottage Cheese Patties

2 cups cottage cheese

1 cup tuna, drained

3 eggs, beaten

1 cup oats, ground

2 tablespoons chopped parsley

1 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup chopped onion

1 tablespoon water

Combine cottage cheese, tuna, 2 eggs, 2/3 cup ground oats, onion, parsley, and salt.

Shape into 12 patties. Mix 1 egg with water. Dip patties into egg mixture, then in 1/3 cup ground oats.

Allow to stand on waxed paper 15 minutes.

Makes 6 servings

Melissa

HW 236.5

Restart date - 8/13/10

Restart weight- 213.6

CW 198.4

GW 160-170

Lowest weight 168 Feb, 2008