Health Discovery Network
reiki gal

WW recipe cards from 1974!!!

I actually bought these and still have them!

Starting weight. 301.4

Current weight. 295.4

1st mini goal. 285

2nd mini goal. 275

3rd mini goal. 265. :bcb_march

While you are laughing, remember there were no 100-calorie packs, light foods, fat-free foods, sugar free was practically nonexistent. I lost 214 pounds on those receipes.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

I've seen these before, but they always make me laugh hysterically!

Makes me wonder if some of the things we eat today will be considered gross in another 30 years!

SW and HW-198

CW-192.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The jellied tomato refresher actually made me gag reading the description, "Let's just tip our heads back and let the chunks slide in." :bcb_sick:

wow, that is SO funny!!!!! i bet that ppl lost weight because the food was so horrible that they didnt really eat much lol.

to poster who said they lost weight on the program, (sorry, hon..i didnt look at your name) was it as horrible as we immagine it to be?? and what the heck was the red jellied thing with the things in it?? ugh, weird. thank you LORD for 100 calorie packs, smart ones, boca burgers and ff, calorie free and any other diet product i feel i would die without!! :bcb_bigsm:bcb_wink3

~*Marissa*~ Mommy to Gavin Everett Born 4/1/08

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Highest Weight:290's :bcb_sick:

Post-Preg Weight:280:bcb_yuck:

Restarted WW 6/9/08: 278.8

CW:first week back to work and OP: 272.6:bcbkickbu

Well, I got my excercise in for the day. No telling how many calories I burned laughing so hard I cried...these are too funny!:bcb_grin

Kristi

~*Kristi*~

1792808.png?count=1264690539

Thanks!!! I needed a GREAT laugh today! Hillllarious and great fun. Think I'll share this with my WW leader-- it's good medicine, I think to laugh at ourselves now and then. I am sure I had the cards at some point too.:bcb_bigsm

SW-198

CW-170.4 8/15/08

GW-155

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..."

OMG! That is one of the funniest things I've seen EVER!!! Each page was funnier as you went along! I was afraid my boss was going to walk in to see me laughing with tears streaming down my face!

Thanks for sharing!!!

:bcb_LOL: Pugdad Michael :bcb_LOL:

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!

MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194025

That was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!

I was laughing so hard my 4 yr old came in the room and said 'Mommy what's wrong..you are laughing and crying!!?"

The comments along with the pictures certainly made it amusing.

Too funny. I was laughing and crying too. I loved the Fish Balls! Impressive! :bcb_grin

I think my parents ate this stuff. :bcb_sick: Thank goodness my mom cooked something else for us kids when they did WW back then! I do remember my parents eating 4 or 5 hotdogs in one sitting to get their 4 or 5 oz of protein. Ewwww.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

I guess I was fortunate enough not to be around in the 70’s! I grew up on the less flamboyant food of the 80’s. I knew the 70’s had a unique style, but I did not realize the food had a style of its own as well! Was all food this ugly and unappetizing back then, or just WW food? :bcb_yuck:

When I first joined WW many moons ago, we weren't allowed to have any fats at all - so we were given a recipe for "mayonnaise" to mix in with our tuna - it was made with buttermilk and onion flakes and gelatin I think. But it did moisten the tuna a bit.

My favorite though was toasting a slice of plain white bread - putting it the blender to make crums - then add sweetener and cinnamon - place half in a custard cup - then l/2 cup applesauce, then rest of crumbs and bake - voila - apple pie.

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

OMG this is why I refused to do WW until this month!! LOL!! My mom still thinks that is what diet food looks like!

weight.png

"I have not failed 10,000 times. I have successfully found 10,000 ways that do not work." Albert Einstein

Too funny. I was laughing and crying too. I loved the Fish Balls! Impressive! :bcb_grin

I think my parents ate this stuff. :bcb_sick: Thank goodness my mom cooked something else for us kids when they did WW back then! I do remember my parents eating 4 or 5 hotdogs in one sitting to get their 4 or 5 oz of protein. Ewwww.

I always looked forward to hotdog night! I think I got 4 and my husband had 6... It was a big meal for being on WW..boiled and dipped in mustard.. yum..

Guest BeanBlossom

That is one of the funniest most disgusting things I've ever seen. There is just no way I could have handled that.:bcb_yuck: