Health Discovery Network
nessa81

Need some info on Zumba...

Hey guys, I started doing Zumba last week. And I was just wondering who all does this and what areas have you seen a difference on. I like doing it, b/c in the hour the class is taught, I get a real workout, and I feel good about it!! Any help would great!!

Nessa

A journey of a 1,000 miles MUST begin with a single step!!

Sw: 235.0lbs

CW: 242.lbs

GW: 170.0lbs

I have had every intention of taking a Zumba class at the gym for the past two months now and have never made it! It sounds like a fun, cardio-only workout. How much dance is involved?

Kimberley

You dance a lot, but I don't dance and I love this class, b/c you don't have to know how to dance to do the moves. You just try your best. It's not like they are judging you. It's funny I know the insturctor, b/c she used to work where I work at now, and in the middle of the class, she seen I was getting off foot, and she moved to right in front of me, b/c she seen it was hard for to follow her feet, b/c there were so many people between us, that she moved to right in front of me to help me out. So it's not hard, and no one is going to critize you for not being to do the moves. It really helps your legs and core muscles!!!!

A journey of a 1,000 miles MUST begin with a single step!!

Sw: 235.0lbs

CW: 242.lbs

GW: 170.0lbs

Zumba is awesome! I took my first class 8 months ago and I'm hooked. It's such a fun workout - and I enjoy the comraderie of the class (it's like a big dance party). I don't consider myself to be a dancer, but I'm having fun moving and shaking my body - and you get a really great workout.

I've taken classes from four different instructors - each one will have a slightly different "spin" on steps and music - it's all good. I just recruited 5 of my friends to try a free demo class tomorrow night.

SW: 224 lbs

CW: 162 lbs :bcb_march

GW: 145 lbs

Goodbye 220's...210's...200's...190's...180's...170's...

Guest Keldug

You can buy the dvd's online if Im not mistaken..Im tempted to try it cause it looks SO much fun!

I've done some Zumba classes and love them! The music is incredibly motivating and the moves are loads of fun. I typically do not like aerobic classes, but I love Zumba!

Also, I am NOT a dancer - in fact, I'm one of the biggest klutzes around - so if I can do it, believe me, anyone can! I would recommend either getting to the front of the class behind the instructor, or getting behind someone that knows what they're doing. The more classes you go to, the easier you'll pick up on the moves.

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:

No more back fat!

More E-N-E-R-G-Y!

Buying stylish, not oversized clothes

Packing smaller clothes

Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up

Having a stable wardrobe

Ability to handle cravings

The END of binging!

A healthier me!

Guest Keldug

I got a Zumba 4 dvd set,cant wait to try it!!!!!!!

My mom swears by Zumba....she has lost quite a few inches on it, she's not sure about weight, she refuses to weigh herself. I have tried it a couple of times, and I personally dont care for it- I think I was expecting it to be like dancing to salsa music like at a club or something.

Shani :)

SW 178.6

CW 168.6(last time I will type that number in!)

10% Goal: 162.4

GW 154

Here we go!!!:bcb_march

Looking forward to losing 12 lbs!

Moving on to my 10% goal!:bcbkickbu

I finally made it a Zumba class this morning! It was a lot of fun and definitely moved my body in ways that I wouldn't normally while running, walking or taking aerobics classes. I'm not a dancer and am extremely choreographically challenged but I could handle pretty much everything from FIRM workouts and step workouts in the past!

Kimberley