Health Discovery Network
modthyrth

Crunchy Sweet Strawberries and Cream snack

Ok, so this actually a combination of two different trader joe's items, but together there's a synergy that makes an incredibly delicious treat.

Combine their miniature vanilla meringues (100 pieces for 2 points) with their freeze dried strawberries (a scant 2 points for the entire bag).

A cup and a half of the mixture is *barely* two points. It's right on the line between 1 and 2. 105 calories/0 fat/3g fiber.

It's sweet, crunchy, has good volume for the points, and is absolutely delicious! The only drawback is the price of the freeze-dried fruit, but at least it's cheaper at TJ's than other places.

yuuuuuum

Nikki

SW: 183 (1/8/06)

CW:145

WWGW: 146 (MADE IT! 9/5/07 LIFETIME 10/17/07)

next minigoal: Get back into the 130s

Yum!! That sounds delicious! Now I just have to get to a Trader Joes! Thanks for sharing!

Rosie (joined 1/16/08)

weight.png

A cup and a half of the mixture is *barely* two points. It's right on the line between 1 and 2. 105 calories/0 fat/3g fiber.

I used the nutritionals that you gave above on my computer points calculator and got 1.50 points exactly for the1 1/2 cups. This sounds delicious....is it very sweet?

:salutMT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Yes, it's actually *very* sweet. So sweet that I could only get through about half a serving before I felt sugar overload and didn't want any more! But I've always preferred salty to sweet, and I'm the one who always scrapes icing off cake, so perhaps I'm not the best judge. ;-)

Nikki

SW: 183 (1/8/06)

CW:145

WWGW: 146 (MADE IT! 9/5/07 LIFETIME 10/17/07)

next minigoal: Get back into the 130s

I went to Trader Joes today to purchase this..sweet is right..very satisfying..and I couldn't finish it..too much..Thank's for the idea Nikki...:bcb_up Sandy

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#000080]Sandy[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Only I can change my life..No one can do it for me.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080]Carol Burnett[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=4] [/SIZE][URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5sUhy2/"][/URL] HW-CW-GW 246-239-150