Health Discovery Network
Dos_Flores

One Point a Slice Bread at Trader Joe's

I really enjoy this bread, and my kids (after the first week of sniveling) have gotten so used to it that when I couldn't get to TJ's and brought home regular whole wheat, my oldest (11) made a face and asked me what was wrong with the bread.:bcb_up

It's their house brand, and has a blue and orange label, "Fat Free Multi-Grain Bread". One point a slice, as it's fat-free and hi fiber. So it's a bit chewy, and I mean that in a nice "chewy" sense, not as a euphemism for tough. And it's a bit sweet, which makes it nice for toasting at breakfast.

*note: Turn down the toaster a bit, the zero fat seems to make this stuff burn easily.

I get mixed reactions from friends, some like it the first time, some, er... don't. But my WW friends who stuck with it for a loaf or two all came to really enjoy it, and I like counting each slice as a point, not two.

(Or three!:bcb_huh:)

If you like a darker bread you may enjoy this.

DF

weight.png

Once again - another reminder that I need to get out to TJ's for some supplies!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Wonder Light is a great bread that is 1 pt for 2 slices... terrific!

*Katelyn*

SW (5/22/08): 176

CW: 161.4 (9/10/08)

GW: 150

WI: Wednesday nights

weight.png

I love Trader Joe's.

Another great one-point bread is Martin's whole wheat potato bread - it's high in fiber AND protein. For me, it's the best bang for my buck.

SW: 224 lbs

CW: 162 lbs :bcb_march

GW: 145 lbs

Goodbye 220's...210's...200's...190's...180's...170's...

I buy Ezekial Sprouted bread from TJs, which is also awesome. When they don't have it, I buy their house brand you just described, and really like that too.

It's worth it for me to eat 1 pt/slice bread, because there are no odd chemicals in what I buy now. Also, it fills me up better. With Ezekial, sometimes, I find that 1 slice is enough, even for a sandwich.

Original SW: 149

New SW (11/8/10): 138

CW: 132

GW: 125

:work_out:

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan