Health Discovery Network
LillieG

WW on the road?

Hey, powers that be. How about a new forum called "WW on the Road". I always have problems when I'm not at home, whether it be a business trip, a family trip, or a full blown international vacation. I would love to have a place to discuss strategies with people. Anyone else? Lillie

LOL great timing for this...

I'm going on a two week vacation beginning on 7/5 and I wont be home until 7/19.

One week is a land tour, the 2nd week is a cruise

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

This is a great idea. Most people vacation during the summer months.

JONI

A great idea! Especially since I'm halfway to Ireland sitting in Newark airport! I always find time changes the hardest. For example, I got to Newark from Newfoundland at 10:30am Newark time, so my stomach thought it was lunch time!

weight.png

SW: 148.5

CW: 128.6

GW: 120

I'm in. Historically, I do great at home, and I totally lose it by my 3rd day on vacation. I was thinking of writing out a "sane list" of easy to order/obtain foods and keeping it in my purse. This list would have easy to find grocery items in one section, and easy to order restaurant foods in another section.

Groceries:

~FF milk

~Instant regular oatmeal

~Salad in bag, veggies, tuna in water, balsamic vinegar

~chick. breasts

~FF plain yogurt/ fresh fruit

that's a start; would love to read more

My biggest challange is when I have little or no control over my food.

For example, this coming vacation...

We are traveling to Alaska. We are doing a land tour for 1 week. We will be moving to a new hotel every nite. There will be no time or place for groceries. Every meal will be eaten out.

Then, we will be on a cruise. Again, no place for grocery shopping and no where to put groceries.

The last cruise I went on (a few months ago) I actually came back lighter by a 1/2 lb. Not a lot, but I was thrilled not to have gained weight. I attribute that to the fact that for breakfast I had fresh fruit and a spoonful of eggs, no toast, biscuits or bread of any kind. We normally skipped lunch and I had only half of what I ordered for dinner. I also went to the gym's fitness center 3 times during the week.

This vacation, I plan on checking out the fitness centers of all the hotels when possible.

The biggest tip for me...it's all mental. Vacation is NOT about stuffing your face in and it's not an excuse to go off program. Although there will be a lot of guessing involved as far as what I'm eating goes, I will still ATTEMPT to count points and get in activity points.

After all isn't this the beauty of WW? We are not limited to WHAT we can eat, but how much.

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

Wow this is going to be great! Whoever said its all mental is right! I'm amazed at how much there is out there for healthy lifestyle eaters - and how I ignore it "because I'm on vacation." Case in point - almost all of the gas stations we stop at now have fresh fruit. Fresh fruit of all things!! You aren't stuck with getting candy and chips for a snack. Time to embrace the opportunites out there. Lillie